Hijab in the club

shawncjh

http://www.marketing-interactive.com/neelofa-under-fire-for-launching-hijab-collection-at-zouk/

Malaysian actress partying it up in Zouk. A pretty interesting read for those into social satire.

Though I must stress that no racism is intended in this post (people get offended at just about anything these days), just sharing what seemed to be a trending article.  [:)]

Edited by shawncjh
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

Up to them.......its their choice. Why get so sensitive......dont like what she doing dont buy her products lor.....why need to comment on her decision.

Too true. Like I said, everyone nowadays get so sensitive and offended at anything. smh.

• Praise 1

Too true. Like I said, everyone nowadays get so sensitive and offended at anything. smh.

media and social network is exposing news that arent news in the past. Its easy to manipulate the media and the masses nowadays....and event on dressing fashion in a nite club....sure got unintended consequences. Edited by Eviilusion

media and social network is exposing news that arent news in the past. Its easy to manipulate the media and the masses nowadays....and event on dressing fashion in a nite club....sure got unintended consequences.

Agreed. Dumb play from her with all things considered. Though I don’t stand with those bashing her on social media, she did indirectly ask for the unwanted attention.
  • Praise 1

Agreed. Dumb play from her with all things considered. Though I don’t stand with those bashing her on social media, she did indirectly ask for the unwanted attention.

actually her hijab quite nice, my oc have several from her brand. But my oc loves those from an upscale shop in jb near Angsana. Quite ex as theirs are rather exclusive.....sg selling for about $50-$80 per scarf.

Up to them.......its their choice. Why get so sensitive......dont like what she doing dont buy her products lor.....why need to comment on her decision.

But i find it hard to accept sometimes, is it really have to be so holy or is it ownself suka one?

I used to have an indian Muslim lady recep, and whenever we have any makan event, those places avg standard ones, she will say no halal  she cannot. End up always need to go bali thai buy 1 set for her.  But those atas makan no halal she ok wor. 

I remember once our big boss from overseas came and we went for a very atas buffet, and she went with us. When my accountant saw her taking seafood beside the suckling pig, asked her like that can meh. She just smile and say never mind.  :huh:  :wacko:  [crazy]

• Praise 7

But i find it hard to accept sometimes, is it really have to be so holy or is it ownself suka one?

I used to have an indian Muslim lady recep, and whenever we have any makan event, those places avg standard ones, she will say no halal  she cannot. End up always need to go bali thai buy 1 set for her.  But those atas makan no halal she ok wor. 

I remember once our big boss from overseas came and we went for a very atas buffet, and she went with us. When my accountant saw her taking seafood beside the suckling pig, asked her like that can meh. She just smile and say never mind.  :huh:  :wacko:  [crazy]

same. 

meet with very similar pattern before.

alway very strict , this cannot that cannot.

but go altas western nia, every thing can. 

as if all western is hala

• Praise 3

Twincharged

http://www.marketing-interactive.com/neelofa-under-fire-for-launching-hijab-collection-at-zouk/

Malaysian actress partying it up in Zouk. A pretty interesting read for those into social satire.

Though I must stress that no racism is intended in this post (people get offended at just about anything these days), just sharing what seemed to be a trending article.  [:)]

we need to move the times

we need to separate traditions, rituals, customs from actual religion. there is a tendency to mixed them all up and assume it is relgious

some practices are good which keeps society in check, eg no drugs, no smoking, no alcohol including fasting at ramadan (promotes self discipline)

other practices may seem counter productive but we need to ask the expect, eg halal and non halal - everyday I see so many handling money notes and coins (we dont really know where they all gone through)

when i was in Indonesia, many indonesian families keep dogs but l dont understand why some are against

recently I watch CNA about a malay girl feeling compassion towards a straw dog and brought the dog home and cared for him. They became the best pals and you can see her joy and pride. But she said many in community are upset with her.

Like in our multi-racial society here, we need to learn to mind our own business as we apprecaiate others to mind their own business

sooner or later as a society we need to address these issues because the younger generation are more homogenous about their worldly outlook that most of us old foggies.

• Praise 9

Supercharged

same.

meet with very similar pattern before.

alway very strict , this cannot that cannot.

but go altas western nia, every thing can.

as if all western is hala

Halal not hala, later the sensitives come after you
  • Praise 3

(edited)

I think M'sia is considered not that strict compared to the middle east muslim countries. That's why it's their fav holiday destination. When they are there they can wear colour, put on make up and even hold their husband's hand in public I think.

If you have been to ME you will know how strict it's. Like if you try to get into the lift with a muslim woman she will not get in with a man or she will run out if she sees you coming in. They are all dressed in black, no coloured clothing, no figure hugging attire unlike what you see in Singapore/M'sia. In a cafe, women are seated in one section, men one section and family one section. A culture shock for me when I first been there.

In Singapore I see muslim unmarried young ladies dressed in the figure hugging leggings and tight outfit I was "can meh?". Not that I'm compraining, LoL... One of those things you try to figure out but the more confusing it gets. Everyone seems to have their own unique set of rules.

In this incident I think the M'sian actress has her own perspectives/rules while her critics have their own. This is what happens when the rules are not standard across the country/culture/background. The religion is the same. How believers look at it and interpret it is another. It's the dilemma other religions face as well.

Edited by Watwheels

I think M'sia is considered not that strict compared to the middle east muslim countries. That's why it's their fav holiday destination. When they are there they can wear colour, put on make up and even hold their husband's hand in public I think.

If you have been to ME you will know how strict it's. Like if you try to get into the lift with a muslim woman she will not get in with a man or she will run out if she sees you coming in. They are all dressed in black, no coloured clothing, no figure hugging attire unlike what you see in Singapore/M'sia. In a cafe, women are seated in one section, men one section and family one section. A culture shock for me when I first been there.

In Singapore I see muslim unmarried young ladies dressed in the figure hugging leggings and tight outfit I was "can meh?". Not that I'm compraining, LoL... One of those things you try to figure out but the more confusing it gets. Everyone seems to have their own unique set of rules.

In this incident I think the M'sian actress has her own perspectives/rules while her critics have their own. This is what happens when the rules are not standard across the country/culture/background. The religion is the same. How believers look at it and interpret it is another. It's the dilemma other religions face as well.

Very soon it will be... :ninja:

Not now but coming future.  Already 2 or 3 states full strict Muslim laws  .... :a-aggressive:

Every election passed, one state converted if majority win by PAS :ignoring:

• Praise 1

Supersonic

[sly]  :XD:

Clubbing not allowed?

How come belly dancing allowed?

Maybe must show belly button than ok?

:D

belly_dance_costume2.jpg

↡ Advertisement