Cost of New Car in Singapore

Aaronlkl

Why not u refer to the 'Cost of New Car' PDF file from LTA i've attached in my 1st post of this thread. Analysis the doc 1st, then talk. :D

COE $70k to $90k happened more than two years ago between 2013 to 2015,  the price of new car then is no longer available for comparison.  But we can still take  Mazda 6 for reference. It is not true that they did not reduce their price while  COE have fallen by $30K from $70k to now $40k. Just look at the $25k/unit gross margin they are making now, if they did not reduce their price , they would have made a lot more than $30k margin per car now but the margin is not reflecting so.  Further looking at the last 24 months trending, one would see that they did adjust their price down by more than $10k and their car price moved quite closely in parallel to  COE price movement. Net is some of the brands are more sensitive to COE fluctuation but the more premium brands  are fairly immune  to it. 

Despite so, I do agree that the markup of  premium brands or some "perceive" as premium brands by SGP market are very high. Those who want to drive premium brands but are unwilling to pay for high AD margin, buying used has its price advantage,   of course there are other setback like not having new leather smell, past history of the car , reliability , warranty etc  etc.  In between used and new from AD, the other option is PI. 

↡ Advertisement

Over the past 20++ years....

I am still searching for a honest PI to set up shop to help car buyers to bring in their desired car models.

All funds fully paid by car buyers thru their own loans and ways.

The PI will only earn perhaps $5000 for the paperworks and coordination effort.

Buyers will self bid for their own COE, and register the car.

The side effect is the warranty will be non-existent. But that is not an issue with many Japanese cars and some Conti cars, since some workshops are able to diagnose the codes and maintenance.

Because doing this way, the car buyers can save easily $50,000 per mid-range cars.

I have yet to find such honest PI.

Like that how to survive?

Turbocharged

Actually end of the day is how much it will cost you on yearly depreciation. There are some cars at lower profits but when you sell after some years. There is no selling price which makes you loose more per year.

End of the day, if no one buys a particular model, the total price will also comes down.

愿者上钩

Every business needs to make profit but must be fair and realistic. The differences in COE price should go to the consumer and NOT become ADs profit margin! period

Dream on la.

The only way to achieve that is bidding of COE using SINGPASS.

Dream on la.

The only way to achieve that is bidding of COE using SINGPASS.

Car industry should be regulated just like the property market.

COE is on downward trend now, but new car prices are hardly falling.

I'm VERY sure once COE price goes up, ADs would immediately up their price.

Mark my word. ^_^

Actually end of the day is how much it will cost you on yearly depreciation. There are some cars at lower profits but when you sell after some years. There is no selling price which makes you loose more per year.

End of the day, if no one buys a particular model, the total price will also comes down.

æ¿èä¸é©

I would guess attrage will have poor resale value. Low parf and have the uber image

Car industry should be regulated just like the property market.

COE is on downward trend now, but new car prices are hardly falling.

I'm VERY sure once COE price goes up, ADs would immediately up their price.

Mark my word. ^_^

The only way to have stability in price is to remove COE from the equation.

That means COE bidding using SINGPASS.

When that's implemented, COE price will go down => Govt revenue will go down.

In end, unlikely will be implemented.

• Praise 2

(edited)

The only way to have stability in price is to remove COE from the equation.

That means COE bidding using SINGPASS.

When that's implemented, COE price will go down => Govt revenue will go down.

In end, unlikely will be implemented.

That's why the car industry aren't regulated till now.

Those men in white's objectives are crystal clear!

Everybody know what they are up to.

Edited by Aaronlkl
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged

I would guess attrage will have poor resale value. Low parf and have the uber image

I donno about Attract, in terms of brand, my past Nissan (2 units) both after depreciation calculate compare to my 2 Toyota upon resale..... I end up with higher depreciation when sell within 5 years cos asking price for Nissan is much lower.

I donno about Attract, in terms of brand, my past Nissan (2 units) both after depreciation calculate compare to my 2 Toyota upon resale..... I end up with higher depreciation when sell within 5 years cos asking price for Nissan is much lower.

U drive Lexus right?

• Praise 6

Turbocharged

U drive Lexus right?

Bro, I only change last year. When I sold my Camry for the current ride, I was pleasantly happy that the re-sale fetch me a very good price cos SA's sister bought my car for renewal of COE. My depreciation was lower than expected after the years of driving.

While I had Nissan and even Subaru before, when upon selling at low price, depreciation is higher than expected compare to original calculation during purchase. :dizzy:

U drive Lexus right?

BTW, changing to Lexus is due to Hiao and itchy backside, went to see then fell in love. Since CFO say ok then cheong liao. Otherwise I could be an owner of the Harrier Turbo liao. At least no regrets.

• Praise 1

Bro, I only change last year. When I sold my Camry for the current ride, I was pleasantly happy that the re-sale fetch me a very good price cos SA's sister bought my car for renewal of COE. My depreciation was lower than expected after the years of driving.

While I had Nissan and even Subaru before, when upon selling at low price, depreciation is higher than expected compare to original calculation during purchase. :dizzy:

BTW, changing to Lexus is due to Hiao and itchy backside, went to see then fell in love. Since CFO say ok then cheong liao. Otherwise I could be an owner of the Harrier Turbo liao. At least no regrets.

bro, you regret getting your Lexus? although Harrier is nice la...

Turbocharged

bro, you regret getting your Lexus? although Harrier is nice la...

My only regret is when I fell in love for the Suzuki Vitara in the 90s. I don't have that kind of money. Last 10 years, there were no SUV that attracted my eyes. I did miss to own one nice and brand new SUV.

Other than that, I do love my ride and feels it is a better and of cos more expensive one. Just hope when I sell, I can get good value. A better thinking is parents get in and out more easily in Sedan.

Yet and again, on overall, no regrets. Who knows one day I will find another nice SUV that catches my eyes. For now, love my car. Haha.

BTW, last time we chatted, I will be moving on.....keep you posted further either when there is whatsapp or we next meet.

My only regret is when I fell in love for the Suzuki Vitara in the 90s. I don't have that kind of money. Last 10 years, there were no SUV that attracted my eyes. I did miss to own one nice and brand new SUV.

Other than that, I do love my ride and feels it is a better and of cos more expensive one. Just hope when I sell, I can get good value. A better thinking is parents get in and out more easily in Sedan.

Yet and again, on overall, no regrets. Who knows one day I will find another nice SUV that catches my eyes. For now, love my car. Haha.

BTW, last time we chatted, I will be moving on.....keep you posted further either when there is whatsapp or we next meet.

oh okok sure bro, catch up again...

market going towards SUVs so should have more choices moving forward

Turbocharged

oh okok sure bro, catch up again...

market going towards SUVs so should have more choices moving forward

While I do feel the pinch but I also agree we need control. Otherwise jams everywhere, got car also no use and no car also suffer due to jams.

What we should do more is those cars or vehicles that generate pollution for both exhaust and noise. For the sake of health, we don't need them for whatever reasons.  NO F1 please.

Approx one month passed, PIE, CTE, AYE and the rest of major highways are always packed with road work activities, lay cable or NEA trees pruning exercises, One part especially PIE near Steven Road both sides has new road surfaces being laid, the opposite has plenty of others lane 3/4 being fenced off, I must admit the relevant authorities did a good job in mending the pot holes and fences , its  about time they get the act together.

Worse off was the Super Friday and Saddened Saturday are not spared either.... I can't speak of Sleepy Sunday. Yawn !! :a-confused:

Supersonic

That's why the car industry aren't regulated till now.

Those men in white's objectives are crystal clear!

Everybody know what they are up to.

If this part of income gone, it means they will ask for a 15% GST at least instead of the 11%, and everyone has to suffer with this nonsense.

(edited)

The attachment is the Cost of new car prices for June 2018.

COE price came down but new car prices didn't!

Hmmmm

Something very wrong somewhere.... [rolleyes]

Car_Cost_Update.pdf

Edited by Aaronlkl
↡ Advertisement