How are your reservist training like?

Wind30

Ya i took over the driver sometimes so he can get some rest.

Something to add. Imo between AI our bond are even closer than others. We die together. We eat together. Is a pretty fanstactic feeling to be able to come back to a spot where we can call home (our vehicle). Hard to explain. One can fruit with share amongst the whole vehicle. One copula of sin ming/wanbao we tear into pages so everyone can read or rather can look at those skimnsy lady photo.

oh yah...

we were close. rented all the 金庸 novels and each one take one part to read, then swapped...

reservist time so happy to take a break from being tekaned by boss, in order to have chance to tcss again.

bought majong cards and drew picnic lantern to go out to area D to play mahjong while waiting to be enemy for dawn attacks...

cooked maggie noodles inside area D...

those were the (good old) days...

you lied

you don't pang sai together

Actually you're wrong!

In wallaby, one night after dinner during a 3 day exercise, my platoon formed 2 groups, everyone took ET sticks, walked to some distance away from our vehicle, formed 2 circles almost like an arc of fire like that, and we bombed away...

It was a challenge to see who was the last man standing squatting...

No. Combat engineers are not the most siong.  Yes, its siong but it only last a short while.

For example, for construction of bridges or projection missions, the hard part is over once the bridge is up or infrantry is ferried across.

After that, we pack up and go back. But infantry still have to carry out their missions, sometimes 5 days 4 nights and subjected to sun and rain.

But the most tedious part is cleaning and maintenance of the equipment. Bound to sign 1206 cos there are so many parts.

I don't completely agree. Do you know how siong it is to build a MGB or APB? It is no joke. Plus engineers have the most stores to carry. For those mission with long mission to contact... can die carrying the monkey ramps, iron pickets, sledge hammers, explosives, and all...

Then for the armoured-trained ones, the armoured pioneer learn everything that AI learns, then still got own engineer drills...  [sweatdrop]

Ah..yours is newer version. Tat means...I’m older than u [bigcry]

oh, really huh? ok lor...

i found my reservist booklet. Is it still being used now?

post-17508-0-83218100-1520863595_thumb.jpg

• Praise 2

MGB and APB were phased out long ago.

And for that equipment you mentioned, they are usually put in a tonner or rover and "brought to the scene" for usage.

oh yah...

we were close. rented all the 金庸 novels and each one take one part to read, then swapped...

reservist time so happy to take a break from being tekaned by boss, in order to have chance to tcss again.

bought majong cards and drew picnic lantern to go out to area D to play mahjong while waiting to be enemy for dawn attacks...

cooked maggie noodles inside area D...

those were the (good old) days...

Actually you're wrong!

In wallaby, one night after dinner during a 3 day exercise, my platoon formed 2 groups, everyone took ET sticks, walked to some distance away from our vehicle, formed 2 circles almost like an arc of fire like that, and we bombed away...

It was a challenge to see who was the last man standing squatting...

I don't completely agree. Do you know how siong it is to build a MGB or APB? It is no joke. Plus engineers have the most stores to carry. For those mission with long mission to contact... can die carrying the monkey ramps, iron pickets, sledge hammers, explosives, and all...

Then for the armoured-trained ones, the armoured pioneer learn everything that AI learns, then still got own engineer drills...  [sweatdrop]

Edited by Davidtkl

Turbocharged

20180309_080151.jpg

You booklet remind me of a story in NS....

Once in exercise starlight, a section minor was assigned with a crate of supplies to resupply the passing troops with blanks, thunderflashes, water and rations. It was already midnight pass 2am and the team was waiting for the next detail to relief them.

Suddenly there was a rustling sound from one of the nearby trees...

"Is that the guys relieving us or the enemy? I thought exercise cut?" Ask Muthu.

"Don't think so, tapi sounds suspicious. Maybe the recce scouts thought exercise still on. They damn Gila sia.." say Rahman.

The section leader shut them off "we better go investigate, sekali is a wild animal. Muthu! Rahman! You follow me! Ah beng, you take care of the supplies!"

"Yes sargent!" Said ah beng.

The three scoot off slowly, cocking their M16S1, just in case of any contingencies.

"Halt!" Calls the section leader.... rustling stopped but there is no response.

"Silent!" Shouts the leader expecting a response of "panther" as the battalion password... But no response...

The section leader turn on his night-vision to see what is the commotion in the trees...

Suddenly, a pair of yellow eyes stared back. This startled section leader a little. After he calmed down he caught the figure again in his night vision... he can see clearly this time. It was just an owl!!

The section leader picked a rock and throw towards the trees and owl flew off. It was all quiet again...

"Scary sia... I tot what hantu!" Say Rahman

"Pundek... my balls almost dropped" Muthu mumbled.

"Okay let's go back" says the section leader.

As they head back to the crate, Ah beng was nowhere in sight!

They heard rustling sound again from another nearby tree. But this time is louder and more vigorous...

The 3 soldier aimed their rifle while walking towards the rustling..

"Owl again? But sound like a big animal.. a bear?" Muthu gasped.

" This is it abang...final liao!!" Trembled Rahman

The sweating section leader is about to turn on his night vision...

Ah Beng suddenly jumps out from the tree and shouted "SUPPLIES!!!"

Edited by Pocus
  • Praise 1

MGB and APB were phased out long ago.

And for that equipment you mentioned, they are usually put in a tonner or rover and "brought to the scene" for usage.

I built APB once during NS. MGB was done up until the time i got posted to armour, else i think would continued if i stayed on in SCE...

The tonners will bring the stores to the FRV, then when flanking starts, the troops will have to carry lor...

hey we are from the same formation haha... FINAL SURPRISE...

wah, you must be my successor then... we had our bye bye surprise long long ago liao leh... MR >10 yr liao...

actually, i think final surprise would have been too big a shock if they had really activated it. Don't recall it ever being activated before...

I built APB once during NS. MGB was done up until the time i got posted to armour, else i think would continued if i stayed on in SCE...

The tonners will bring the stores to the FRV, then when flanking starts, the troops will have to carry lor...

wah, you must be my successor then... we had our bye bye surprise long long ago liao leh... MR >10 yr liao...

actually, i think final surprise would have been too big a shock if they had really activated it. Don't recall it ever being activated before...

haha we were activated recently though...

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/8-000-soldiers-take-part-in-largest-mobilisation-exercise-since-9902122

• Praise 1

Wah, serious hor...

Now mindef got balls, dare to activate whole division...

i was enlisted in 88, so the article is correct, during 85 to 18 no such large scale mob... heng arrrr....

• Praise 1

Once in exercise starlight, a section minor was assigned with a crate of supplies to resupply the passing troops with blanks, thunderflashes, water and rations. It was already midnight pass 2am and the team was waiting for the next detail to relief them.

"Is that the guys relieving us or the enemy? I thought exercise cut?" Ask Muthu.

"Don't think so, tapi sounds suspicious. Maybe the recce scouts thought exercise still on. They damn Gila sia.." say Rahman.

The section leader shut them off "we better go investigate, sekali is a wild animal. Muthu! Rahman! You follow me! Ah beng, you take care of the supplies!"

The three scoot off slowly, cocking their M16S1, just in case of any contingencies.

"Silent!" Shouts the leader expecting a response of "panther" as the battalion password... But no response...

The section leader turn on his night-vision to see what is the commotion in the trees...

Suddenly, a pair of yellow eyes stared back. This startled section leader a little. After he calmed down he caught the figure again in his night vision... he can see clearly this time. It was just an owl!!

The section leader picked a rock and throw towards the trees and owl flew off. It was all quiet again...

They heard rustling sound again from another nearby tree. But this time is louder and more vigorous...

Praise you for the effort.

Not the supplies

Turbocharged

20180309_080151.jpg

Wa...mine dunno go where liao lo. Now digital world liao dont think they still using booklet le ba?

kns.....i thought what.....sakali racist joke.....

Wah, serious hor...

Now mindef got balls, dare to activate whole division...

i was enlisted in 88, so the article is correct, during 85 to 18 no such large scale mob... heng arrrr....

kana any kind of mob or activation no matter how big or small sure sian wan. Got 1 time i kana open mob must report to TG Gul on a sunday and sit there wait n wait....afternoon then they released and i had to go to work later.....ninaoya!

Mine is in this little clear holder that stores all my small small NS stuff since enlistment day .. 11B, dog tag, amulet, NS booklet.

huh? how come you got retained your 11B? Didn't you exchange it for your pink IC? I did... i tot it's one or the other: enlistment day, gave up pink ic at cmpb and they issue the 11B. Then ROD time give them back the 11B and got reunited with the long-lost pink IC, which i treasured it a lot more from then onwards...

And yes, i found my dog tags also, together with my 2nd ever driving license... too bad the crucial part where it says i can drive the M113, was torn off, as i think it was once stapled to something before it was removed (forcibly) without taking out the staple...

post-17508-0-58634600-1520920525_thumb.jpg

post-17508-0-45941200-1520920524_thumb.jpg

kana any kind of mob or activation no matter how big or small sure sian wan. Got 1 time i kana open mob must report to TG Gul on a sunday and sit there wait n wait....afternoon then they released and i had to go to work later.....ninaoya!

tell me about it.

at least i not so bad.

my active unit was mono intake, and we stayed together till MR. But we NCOs were 1 yr older than the whole unit. 

one year during nus/ntu exam time, when every student was mugging like mad, trying to squeeze in as much as possible, apparently the unit did a technical recall early Sun morning, and all of them were asked to go back camp!!

Wah lao, imagine taking bus(es) from Pasir Ris to Sungei Gedong camp, need min 1.5-2 hr. Then the same time going back. Plus all the admin time wasted inside camp when reporting...

Go one round maybe 5-6 hr, i think 2 days' studies probably got purged...  [bigcry]

Lagi jialat...

lucky i didn't kanna...