How are your reservist training like?

Wind30

Supersonic

Reservist not much training.

More like doing defence exercise and refresher than getting any other new training.

However, I would say I can see there are better facilities towards the end of my cycle two years ago.

During my cycles, I see changes of M16 to SAR21 so this is the few new training. But handling is very similar to M16.

Old camo to new pixelated uniform

Old SBO and full packs to newer better design.

Latest new training probably the greater emphasis of CQC given the defence scenario move towards close quarters than jungle.

The difference between my 1st and last H-Key outfield exercise is

Age was 15yrs apart, 1st one can last 2D1N without sleeping a wink.

Last one, I was almost dozing off at 2am in one of the night exercise.

Best experience is the new range.

Objective done in 6 hours probably compare to 18hrs in old ranges.

However that meant no more NINJA Van.

the indoor range is a good move although whether the billion dollars spent is justified or not is up to debate.
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

And you know this is the daily routine of many SAF regulars. :ph34r:

That’s why SMRT also like that lor.

Supersonic

most people including me really look forward to reservist

it is a break from our real live daily work

often first or second day follow motion and frankly nobody really cares very much. CO beg and please here and please there

i remember one field camp, we all take turns to bath at the construction site next door and there are people who came around to take orders on what to buy from near by hawker centre.

I remember also during briefing, someone mobile phone rang, He was carrying 4 or 5 phones because he was an oil trader.

Our best defense if there was a war that time, we probably ended the war much eariler than expected because

1. either we all get killed within a day

2, or more likely we became friends because we can share bathing facilities and good food

NS is not going away and 2 years or so is also not going away. The reason being if there were no NS, what do you think will happen to our employment status and workforce. In no time there would be riot.

exchange ratio to bath or to bath with

Why would an oil trader need to carry 4 to 5 phones? Most likely the fellow got a lot of mistress la.

My sifu @enye can clarify.

Supersonic
(edited)

I read our minister say how much money our saf save.... but my experience with my reservist unit feels the exact opposite.

It feels like they have to spend their Budget else it will be cut next year kind of feeling. I am curios is it like a widespread kind of thing or itâs just my unit? My unit is not conbat fit so maybe it is different from mainstream saf.

NS and reservist is a waste of time and money.

Judging from the people I know, our chance against a competent enemy force is zero unless we are comparing who can wayang the best.

I learned from the best tho. When the enemy takes over, I am prepared to study hard and work as a translator for them.

That's plan B of course. Plan A is to get the hell out of Dodge.

Edited by Kusje

the indoor range is a good move although whether the billion dollars spent is justified or not is up to debate.

The amount of land freed up from safety zones will justify the money lor

The old butt party ranges were a pain in the ass.

you mean the old butt party that had to carry those targets like fig 7,8 and 11? Thats the worst detail for anyone....but was changed to those computerised target back in 87. How i know? My 21st birthday was celebrated in P. Tekong for our ROD shoot and we were the last company before they changed to the computer controlled motorised targets. Bravo, Charlie, Delta and Echo were the 1st to use the new system and they were bitching about it......
  • Praise 3

(edited)

@kdash...will be in December this year...... How time flies. My unit is maciam guinea pigs......think we were used when they intro recall manning and stand-by now known as ntm. Back then we just called them stand-by and the worst was the high-key stand-by. All live rounds were loaded into magazines and stored in the tonner with the red-flag together with grenades, at 4 rounds etc. Cant book-out for 7 days and no personnel from the other companies are allowed into our company line.....want to go out of company line also need to bookout. We even slept with our boots....

Edited by Eviilusion

Twincharged

you mean the old butt party that had to carry those targets like fig 7,8 and 11? Thats the worst detail for anyone....but was changed to those computerised target back in 87. How i know? My 21st birthday was celebrated in P. Tekong for our ROD shoot and we were the last company before they changed to the computer controlled motorised targets. Bravo, Charlie, Delta and Echo were the 1st to use the new system and they were bitching about it......ððð

Yup. Already suffering carry that blasted fig11 on the stick and some bo bo shooter can keep hitting the ground in front of the target and rain sand into the pit and in your face.

Then must count and do art by sticking stickers. Hated it.

For the anon praiser.....thanks for the reminder. 30 yrs old secret........SAF has since evolved....my son in the army now as Staff SGT in a combat unit......very different from the past lar.....

Yup. Already suffering carry that blasted fig11 on the stick and some bo bo shooter can keep hitting the ground in front of the target and rain sand into the pit and in your face.

Then must count and do art by sticking stickers. Hated it.

hahaha.......i was always that butt party. SAW detail always kana wan....

Bro @kdash......my apologies. Our ROD shoot was in Dec 86 and it was my 20th birthday. Kana water party at the stroke of midnite...... It was the 1st time people reminded me it was my birthday.....never celebrate my birthday before....[flowerface]

• Praise 1

(edited)

you mean the old butt party that had to carry those targets like fig 7,8 and 11? Thats the worst detail for anyone....but was changed to those computerised target back in 87. How i know? My 21st birthday was celebrated in P. Tekong for our ROD shoot and we were the last company before they changed to the computer controlled motorised targets. Bravo, Charlie, Delta and Echo were the 1st to use the new system and they were bitching about it......ððð

The one you need to count manually the shots? Hahahaha up one thousand two thousand......down...

Night shooting sure all good score. Want to go home fast, no rerun.

For the anon praiser.....thanks for the reminder. 30 yrs old secret........SAF has since evolved....my son in the army now as Staff SGT in a combat unit......very different from the past lar.....

Last time can paste akina, seiko poster on the cabinet door. Now I heard not allowed.

Target board always sway left to right..Hard to hold rigid for long.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

@kdash...will be in December this year...... How time flies. My unit is maciam guinea pigs......think we were used when they intro recall manning and stand-by now known as ntm. Back then we just called them stand-by and the worst was the high-key stand-by. All live rounds were loaded into magazines and stored in the tonner with the red-flag together with grenades, at 4 rounds etc. Cant book-out for 7 days and no personnel from the other companies are allowed into our company line.....want to go out of company line also need to bookout. We even slept with our boots....

waa bro that was some serious standby! yeah how time flies...

Bro @kdash......my apologies. Our ROD shoot was in Dec 86 and it was my 20th birthday. Kana water party at the stroke of midnite...... It was the 1st time people reminded me it was my birthday.....never celebrate my birthday before....[flowerface]

haha thanks for informing... must have been a wake up call :XD:

Supersonic

Orrhor..

Elite unit spotted.

haha normal infantry unit. we had 4 days of intense soccer sessions before the IPPT on Fri. all who played soccer had no problems passing 2.4km haha...

The one you need to count manually the shots? Hahahaha up one thousand two thousand......down...

Night shooting sure all good score. Want to go home fast, no rerun.

Last time can paste akina, seiko poster on the cabinet door. Now I heard not allowed.

Target board always sway left to right..Hard to hold rigid for long.

ya......target......up......target down...

waa bro that was some serious standby! yeah how time flies...

haha thanks for informing... must have been a wake up call :XD:

ya.....that time khmer rouge was running riot in Cambodia and had even clashed with thai security personnel. Communist threat was still real and the cold war was at its height. Chief of army was Winston Chew.....the few army personnel that had taste real battle. Maybe thats why ns was real business back then. Not muct tsr back then especially overseas.....maybe there wasnt 1 even...

haha normal infantry unit. we had 4 days of intense soccer sessions before the IPPT on Fri. all who played soccer had no problems passing 2.4km haha...

12mins is silver timing for many Cat Y & Z.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1