How are your reservist training like?

Wind30

(edited)

Huh.. live rounds in mags?

What year was that?

Don't think 2ntm company did that in my unit. Early 90s.

Returning ammo will be a huge hassle

the first battalion open mobilisation activation ever was a long affair. O group need to report within 4 or 6 hr.....the rest was given 12 hour to report back. I was in Lido watching a movie when the mob was activated at 8pm.....i watched the movie, went home sleep and was the last guy in to report the next morning.... Edited by Eviilusion
↡ Advertisement

the first battalion open mobilisation activation ever was a long affair. O group need to report within 4 or 6 hr.....the rest was given 12 hour to report back. I was in Lido watching a movie when the mob was activated at 8pm.....i watched the movie, went home sleep and was the last guy in to report the next morning....ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£. All the ncos and officers were waiting for me with glaring eyes......told them it was still within the 12 hrs to report....they lan lan and my Encik gave me a clap.......ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£ actually i was tulan that i was given the post of 2nd or 3rd ic for my area and we had just RODed a week earlier......sianz!

I was key personnel due to appointment holder.

So it's 2ntm from nsf till Mr..

Glad Mr already.. but haven't reached age to dump all the barang barang in my storeroom

Either somebody sabo you, or made a honest mistake thinking you are already MR'ed. Usually, if they are "nice, they will just let you join knowing you got 1 or 2 left.

But then, I've also seen downgraded people go for ICT but then kenna send home on Day 1 because they cannot do anything, even logistics also cannot do, usually these are new birds to the unit. If old bird with a bit of negotiation, sometimes even cannot wear uniform also give chance just hang around for the last ICT to finish.

maybe they had more manpower.......Delta was mothballed and the men distributed among the rest of the companies. During my last ict after the downgrade.....i was attached to the cq for our pdf exercise in p tekong and we had 5 assistant storemen including a SGT who was also downgraded.......

I was key personnel due to appointment holder.

So it's 2ntm from nsf till Mr..

Glad Mr already.. but haven't reached age to dump all the barang barang in my storeroom

it wasnt ntm back then.....we just called it standby, open- mob and silent mob.......oni heard the term ntm 2, 4, 6 when a cus signed on as an infantry officer back in 2003. I asked him whats ntm and i told him during my time we called it stand-by.

Turbocharged
(edited)

how you define old bird

i check bird still alive but just more tan than usual

can give chance and still consider youthful but not young

U go coffeeshop if cashier auntie ask...uncle ai lim simi? Then no need to check liao...means auntie also knw your bird old liao. :XD::grin: Edited by ALTK

must be an active unit during ns that you were attached to. Most of them have the experience drilled into them during ns.....hence they are more versed in their craft. My unit was like that......the men and the older ncos gave the raw officers and ncos the experience. We were more independant and got the job done eventhough can be unruly. My section will gamble and gamble....no sleep for exercises.

The last few reservist we had shortage of ncos as most had mr earlier.....delta was mothballed and the men distributed to other companies. The whole battalion had shortage of manpower due to death and downgrades. Some of the man was promoted to ncos and had to take over the section full of friends and comrades. Quite a sticky situation but they mr together as friends.....i didnt mr.....got downgraded for the last in-camp. Din even get the watch and testimonial.

I also didn't get watch.

Because only serve 5 hi key, 3 low-key.

MR Bcos of age.

OC and PC ask me if I want to volunteer 2 more years? As the unit turn operational for A tech.

I said though I love the unit, I must give way to the younger soldiers allow them to carry on the responsibility.

I rather forgo the watch...

I also didn't get watch.

Because only serve 5 hi key, 3 low-key.

MR Bcos of age.

OC and PC ask me if I want to volunteer 2 more years? As the unit turn operational for A tech.

I said though I love the unit, I must give way to the younger soldiers allow them to carry on the responsibility.

I rather forgo the watch...

• Praise 1

I never get called back for reservist once

I can only do chin ups...

And it's no longer an IPPT requirement ð

Physical fitness still quite ok, but can't run fast 2.4 timing

Combat fitness is dropping as cannot stay awake at night.

Chin up good for light fellas. I was 75kg during army days n max i could manage was only 12.

Chin up good for light fellas. I was 75kg during army days n max i could manage was only 12.

i weight below 60kg during ns.....can never get 12....10-11 are the most. Got gold once......the rest all silver except the yr i reported back after 3 yrs of no ippt and reservist due to study again. That wan nearly failed because of 2.4.

i weight below 60kg during ns.....can never get 12....10-11 are the most. Got gold once......the rest all silver except the yr i reported back after 3 yrs of no ippt and reservist due to study again. That wan nearly failed because of 2.4.

I get 5 for all stations except 2.4. I never run below 10 min before. I damn tulan when i see those heavy smokers running below 8 min n i can't even do 9min being a non smoker.

Lucky you.

Very true.

Max number did was when I was 64kg

I get 5 for all stations except 2.4. I never run below 10 min before. I damn tulan when i see those heavy smokers running below 8 min n i can't even do 9min being a non smoker.

ya....i smoker and last time can do sub 10 very easily. I have ns buddies that smokes like dragon but can do sub 9 mins. They are crazy about running. I remembered while resting at Jln Aman Camp returning from Lakuin.....knn.....got a few of them jio the rest for a run around the camp. These are the bengs and mats....pai kia and such. Later all played soccer at the field near the helipad.....Crazy sia!

My unit was involved in NDP, and I witnessed huge huge amount of untouched food gone wasted, disposed away.

This is the ugly memory i had of ICT.

• Praise 1

U go coffeeshop if cashier auntie ask...uncle ai lim simi? Then no need to check liao...means auntie also knw your bird old liao. :XD::grin:

Just you wait .. when the syt ask you " ah pek ai Lim Simi?"

(edited)

ya....i smoker and last time can do sub 10 very easily. I have ns buddies that smokes like dragon but can do sub 9 mins. They are crazy about running. I remembered while resting at Jln Aman Camp returning from Lakuin.....knn.....got a few of them jio the rest for a run around the camp. These are the bengs and mats....pai kia and such. Later all played soccer at the field near the helipad.....Crazy sia!

A ciggies and red bull before 2.4 race sure end with monetary.

You prohibit them to take one stick before 2.4 and they all come back with shit result.

Those days!

By the way one of my reservist MO was a smoker. Hahaha he would joinot us inside our ambulance M113 for a smoke break.

Edited by Kopites

A ciggies and red bull before 2.4 race sure end with monetary.

You prohibit them to take one stick before 2.4 and they all come back with shit result.

Those days!

By the way one of my reservist MO was a smoker. Hahaha he would joinot us inside our ambulance M113 for a smoke break.

smokers all like that wan.....ciggies are their nox!

Supersonic

If you cannot do chin up, even light also no use. Chin up is all about strength and technique, body weight doesnt really affect totally. Last time i saw one guy big size de, can do 12 or more chin up.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1