How are your reservist training like?

Wind30

Supersonic

Sure, but it's not part of routine training. By routine, I mean doing it every one or two weeks to condition your body. Doing it once or twice a year actually can cause more sports injury, rather than conditioning your body. Just push on with mental strength. If I stop my routine exercise for two weeks, I can already feel power reduced.

Exercising confirmed is something that need to do it continuously, if not once you stop or only do it occasionally, strength and stamina would be reduced or loss.  

↡ Advertisement

Sure, but it's not part of routine training. By routine, I mean doing it every one or two weeks to condition your body. Doing it once or twice a year actually can cause more sports injury, rather than conditioning your body. Just push on with mental strength. If I stop my routine exercise for two weeks, I can already feel power reduced.

that wan is the sbo with rifle and fullpack run. Every week sure kana once or twice.......if going overseas lagi worst. Need to run and climb all the other company's building......thats why personally speaking it lancer was the most fittest time of my life. I did my soc in 8.05 eventhough my rifle sling came off after the monkey swing and had to waste time putting back the sling.

I was 91/92 course.

No fbo soc.

Maybe his oc garang

ya.....usually the pc will be given the aok by oc to what type of training should he given out to the men. If pc and oc gungho.......the men will have a tough time. Now to many guidelines for safety......and everybody just wants to serve and fo without getting into trouble.

Hypersonic

i know of quite a few friends who got knee and joint injuries from SOC though. all the jumping down from height with FBO...

With FBO the sheong one is the low rope. The last obstacles that jump down (forget the name) is easy to injured angle.
  • Praise 1

Need to do it routinely so that body is conditioned for this kind of activity. I feel we were just thrown into the situation. Of course, one can say it helps train the mind to be strong and adapt. But it is also prone to injuries.

Your unit do SBO with rifle twice every week ? Serious boh ? Or during BMT / trainee ? Still, SOC is short distance endurance and more of a burst of strength.

normal will be like a forthnight once.....too many other training to attend to. If near an overseas stint, twice a week is normal.....no pt kit run....most are sbo and rifle run or fullpack run. Worst are the force marches......but i didnt count how many times we kana. Thats why i hate running eversince i rod.....reminded me of the torture i went through!

Need to do it routinely so that body is conditioned for this kind of activity. I feel we were just thrown into the situation. Of course, one can say it helps train the mind to be strong and adapt. But it is also prone to injuries.

Your unit do SBO with rifle twice every week ? Serious boh ? Or during BMT / trainee ? Still, SOC is short distance endurance and more of a burst of strength.

i ever complained to my oc about one of the run......sgt brought us for the 1st few rounds in full-pack.....he said we can rest after the run. Everybody did our best to keep pace and after about 45 mins to 1 hr the pc turned up fresh with his full-pack. Told the sgt to rest while he took us for another few rounds of full-pack run. Knn.....i tulan i complain to oc but kana blacklisted....
  • Praise 1

If you cannot do chin up, even light also no use. Chin up is all about strength and technique, body weight doesnt really affect totally. Last time i saw one guy big size de, can do 12 or more chin up.

During active chin up is the price one need to pay for quick lunch and good lunch nap.

Chin up failed can't eat lunch.

Supersonic

If you cannot do chin up, even light also no use. Chin up is all about strength and technique, body weight doesnt really affect totally. Last time i saw one guy big size de, can do 12 or more chin up.

What technique is there for chin up?

think the fbo soc was banned for normal infantry and guards units back in late 80s. Too many injuries because of the weight.....but if oc and pc gungho and trust his judgement and fitness of his men......everything can do wan....especially back in the 70s and 80s.

During active my unit has this siao lang race. Only made people with mental problem would took part. Iron men race. Clear soc full battle order. Yes with full pack (fully pack and inspected) sbo and arm. Medical platoon have two siao lang! Hahaha

As for me I always try to cheat by drinking and emptying one water bottle. Hahahaha make a while world different less ml of water.

Supersonic

What technique is there for chin up?

Knowing how to position your arms and your body and pull yourself up?!  [:p]

Exercising confirmed is something that need to do it continuously, if not once you stop or only do it occasionally, strength and stamina would be reduced or loss.

I remembered when posted to unit after SMM my first week with siao sergeant Eric was torture. Seven morning eight morning wake up for 5km. Second week my bological clock and muscle got immune to this routine. Ran ..ok ran loh. No pain..no sweat.

A month or so posted to company line. Another nightmare started. Three times a week soc..after two weeks same thing thing..immune to soc. No paint. No sweat. Hahaha basically social training is like undressing. First round full gear. Second round..no arm. Third round no sbo. Fourth round even though no gear but felt like shit. Hahaha

Knowing how to position your arms and your body and pull yourself up?! [:p]

This one theory only. When tire out just swing like monkey to get even one up.

Reservist at night cannot sleep, otherwise daytime at camp suffer insomnia

Ya we didn't sleep.

Me and mate (soa) during night out would drive to alibaba..santosa..golden crown. At least 3/4 times a week. Book in around 4.30 am. 5.30 ready to move out. Slept inside the vehicle during exercises. Hahaha good life. My wife said I seem to put on weight after every ict.

During active my unit has this siao lang race. Only made people with mental problem would took part. Iron men race. Clear soc full battle order. Yes with full pack (fully pack and inspected) sbo and arm. Medical platoon have two siao lang! Hahaha

As for me I always try to cheat by drinking and emptying one water bottle. Hahahaha make a while world different less ml of water.

Twincharged

I had a friend who can do 9min 2.4 can't clear soc coz cannot climb up the rope. Arm no strength n no good with the technique of leg grabbing the rope.

Fbo only ocs or pti training if not wrong. Sibeh siong i know but i never tried.

yup PTI training and longer run than standard SOC.

Quite a few people tumbled down Jacobs ladder. and broke their legs.

I was 91/92 course.

No fbo soc.

Maybe his oc garang

That means you older than me by a few years, I rod in Dec 95.

I remembered when posted to unit after SMM my first week with siao sergeant Eric was torture. Seven morning eight morning wake up for 5km. Second week my bological clock and muscle got immune to this routine. Ran ..ok ran loh. No pain..no sweat.

A month or so posted to company line. Another nightmare started. Three times a week soc..after two weeks same thing thing..immune to soc. No paint. No sweat. Hahaha basically social training is like undressing. First round full gear. Second round..no arm. Third round no sbo. Fourth round even though no gear but felt like shit. Hahaha

wah....soc 3 times a week? Shag sia! During my nsf.....5:30 is routine...sometime 4:30 also have. Got a few times we finished training and reached camp at 4am. Sianz to the max......

Supersonic

If your body got used to it, even run 10km everyday also no pain no sweat de. Last time in army, running is like eating, dont feel tired at all, if dont run body even feel funny.

↡ Advertisement