Stringent car and motorcycle testing

Evillusion

Maybe can get VW to sell/license their defeat device kit for the SG market.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Maybe can get VW to sell/license their defeat device kit for the SG market.

and gov will start coe for such a device and chatge tax for each vehicle using that platform....m

Supercharged

workshops should take this opportunity to offer 'Inspection Service Package'

bao pass at a fixed package price including free vehicle pick up and drop off

Supersonic

I can see a trend......this kind of shitty announcement are always a few days before or during a coe exercise.....and we keep falling for that fear-mongering game....

Free market?

What free market?

All manipulated.  [thumbsdown]

(edited)

Wah so scary.. better work much harder to increase my income to match all the increases

unfortunately, working harder is like a hamster in a cage peddling the treadmill.

No matter how hard you run, the increase and promotion most likely will Not go to you nowadays. And hence the 

https://www.tafep.sg/fair-employment-practices?gclid=Cj0KCQiAuP7UBRDiARIsAFpxiRK8mPKnn8_N3mM4SCEXkDHRvg2XJzCpZzhc2cgp9ZVtgV62BQzhrfcaAprdEALw_wcB

and the changes 

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/employment-act-to-be-amended-to-cover-workers-earning-more-than-10015688

I suppose the next big thing to milk the cow would be parking liao

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/business/employment-act-to-be-amended-to-cover-workers-earning-more-than-10015688

Motorists will have all the more reason to leave their cars at home, with a proposed change to parking provisions in private buildings that will also free up land for other uses.

If the proposal is accepted, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) will be able to more finely calibrate the amount of parking provided through a cap, freeing up space for other uses, it said yesterday.

Private developments in future "car-lite precincts", for instance, may have less available parking, but more connectivity to public transport and alternative travel options such as walking and cycling.

Edited by Sdf4786k

Sillyporeans deserve the garmen they elected. Don't complain....

"The Singapore Vehicle Traders Association has been lobbying for a surcharge to be levied on older vehicles, saying that they pose a huge environmental cost. It argues that a similar surcharge is being levied on imported used cars."

Can't stand this group of self-serving prix... They not happy people keep their cars long long time, don't buy/sell and no profits for them to cream.

Hahahaha!!!! Sexposed!!!! :XD:

unfortunately, working harder is like a hamster in a cage peddling the treadmill.

No matter how hard you run, the increase and promotion most likely will Not go to you nowadays. And hence the

https://www.tafep.sg/fair-employment-practices?gclid=Cj0KCQiAuP7UBRDiARIsAFpxiRK8mPKnn8_N3mM4SCEXkDHRvg2XJzCpZzhc2cgp9ZVtgV62BQzhrfcaAprdEALw_wcB

and the changes

Motorists will have all the more reason to leave their cars at home, with a proposed change to parking provisions in private buildings that will also free up land for other uses.

If the proposal is accepted, the Land Transport Authority (LTA) will be able to more finely calibrate the amount of parking provided through a cap, freeing up space for other uses, it said yesterday.

Private developments in future "car-lite precincts", for instance, may have less available parking, but more connectivity to public transport and alternative travel options such as walking and cycling.

Hehe

:grin:

Be prepared for long queues at car inspection centers. +30% longer waiting time especially on the emission tests. Commercial vehicles I guess will take even longer.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Why do this and yet allow Malaysian vehicles without such test to grace our roads?

Such things makes it hard to do business here.

I was passing by some new development and most vehicles I see are Malaysian doing work, we are pricing ourself out of business.

Edited by nazerath
  • Praise 2

Twincharged

Be prepared for long queues at car inspection centers. +30% longer waiting time especially on the emission tests. Commercial vehicles I guess will take even longer.

Not to mention that fees probably will go up.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

and the changes

Then everyone just stop working, get a plot of land for living and food, and relax.

What for work? Just to continue paying taxes without rewarding our own hard work?

Why do this and yet allow Malaysian vehicles without such test to grace our roads?

I was passing by some new development and most vehicles I see are Malaysian doing work, we are pricing ourself out of business.

agreed. this is a double standard.

Then everyone just stop working, get a plot of land for living and food, and relax.

What for work? Just to continue paying taxes without rewarding our own hard work?

good idea.....we will welcome back barter trading like our fore-fore-fore-fathers....

Now even at off peak hours like after 8pm already taking a long time for both cars and bikes..

It's very sianz to sit in the car and wait. Last few years I have been bringing newspapers where during one time (during Sat Peak hours - My bad to go that late), I cleared the Sat newspaper in one sitting. Waited nearly 1 hour plus.

Agree. If you look at the vehicles doing renovation works for HDB Flats (old and new), you'll notice that 70% are Malaysian Vans and cars. Our government are basically increasing business cost in Singapore but doing nothing to stop our neighbour country to grab business from local business which renovation works supposed to be consider as local business.

I understand business such as manufacturing can be move to a country with a lower manufacturing cost which we cannot avoid, but come on, renovation work is to be done in Singapore yet neighbour country workers are allow to drive their own vans and cars to Singapore to compete with Singapore workers? How can Singapore workers / renovation companies with local workers compete in term of pricing with our neighbour country when our government keep on increasing the cost of doing business for local company?

Agree. If you look at the vehicles doing renovation works for HDB Flats (old and new), you'll notice that 70% are Malaysian Vans and cars. Our government are basically increasing business cost in Singapore but doing nothing to stop our neighbour country to grab business from local business which renovation works supposed to be consider as local business.

I understand business such as manufacturing can be move to a country with a lower manufacturing cost which we cannot avoid, but come on, renovation work is to be done in Singapore yet neighbour country workers are allow to drive their own vans and cars to Singapore to compete with Singapore workers? How can Singapore workers / renovation companies with local workers compete in term of pricing with our neighbour country when our government keep on increasing the cost of doing business for local company?

bro.....majority of the renovation works are done by the Malaysian workers since dont-know-when. The reno contractors that applied for reno works are Singaporean but the work are done by Malaysian. Same goes for car workshop......owner is SG or SPR but the mechs are mostly Malaysians save for the service advisor or engineer! Been that way for the longest time.

Turbocharged

To add icing to the cake, say must hire sg first. Lol.

• Praise 2

Now even at off peak hours like after 8pm already taking a long time for both cars and bikes..

It's very sianz to sit in the car and wait. Last few years I have been bringing newspapers where during one time (during Sat Peak hours - My bad to go that late), I cleared the Sat newspaper in one sitting. Waited nearly 1 hour plus.

Go to Vicom Changi North.

Confirm no queue.

↡ Advertisement