• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
20 replies to this topic | 90 praises

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:12 PM

Honker
  • Honker
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Yoz, recently I have been reading on sites regarding buying a home in Australia. I am thinking of making a move to there and work under my friend company in Melbourne.

Is any member currently staying, working or studying there now?

https://austproperty....-in-australia/

This article somehow motivate me even more to make a bold move! Hahha.

Volvobrick and Aaronlkl praised this

Posted 09 March 2018 - 08:26 PM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Why are you buying and not renting is my first question. Have you find out more on selling if you wish to move back or somewhere else?

Australia is a huge country therefore property is very, very different from Singapore. Unless you are buying a very prime location, don't even think of yield. Natural disastrous risks also need to be taken care.

Last but not least, good luck. [;)]

Mustank, Volvobrick and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 09 March 2018 - 10:40 PM

Krieger
  • Premium member
    Krieger
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Rent first. Get to know the neighbourhood. Every neighbourhood has its pro and cons. Security is crucial.
Mustank and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 09 March 2018 - 11:04 PM

Kopites
  • Kopites
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yoz, recently I have been reading on sites regarding buying a home in Australia. I am thinking of making a move to there and work under my friend company in Melbourne.

Read through the article. Imo only less than half mentioned are correct.
Do more research. Don't read solely on property agent article.

Why are you buying and not renting is my first question. Have you find out more on selling if you wish to move back or somewhere else?

Australia is a huge country therefore property is very, very different from Singapore. Unless you are buying a very prime location, don't even think of yield. Natural disastrous risks also need to be taken care.

Last but not least, good luck. [;)]

For a start i would recommend TS to rent instead of plunge money into any property yet. Stay a year or so before buying. The best is to make sure you can and are eligible for the PR status. Skill/dependent/investment migration.

Edited by Kopites, 09 March 2018 - 11:07 PM.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 08:30 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Huat ah!!!!! Can buy ute!!!!
Mustank, Aaronlkl and Volvobrick praised this
Garage36.com

Posted 10 March 2018 - 09:42 AM

Honker
  • Honker
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Actually I have been travelling to WA many times and I love the vibe and weather in Fremantle. Not too far from City and there are lots of dog lovers there. Will be heading there again soon to tall to my agent friend and see if it's better to rent or buy.

Posted 10 March 2018 - 11:16 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Congrats and all the best to your new life over there.

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 12 March 2018 - 11:31 AM

Kezg1
  • Premium member
    Kezg1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

...like everyone here said, rent and survey the place first up.  I have stay in a few places in oz. Most of the country side ppl are friendly as compare to metropolitan....and people dont normally talk about cars ,housing or medical...its a welfare states..but they really take care of their own(citizen) when they are old...compare to here in sinkieland..squeezing you even after 55 yrs and more...you die your business.

P:S Melbourne is a nice place but lately there are more aneh as hear say from friends. A city with 4 seasons in a day.

Edited by Kezg1, 12 March 2018 - 11:33 AM.

Ash2017 and Mustank praised this

Posted 04 September 2018 - 01:42 PM

Wt_know
  • Wt_know
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

oz need to learn from sg la

must impose ABSD then property price will go up ... lol

https://sg.yahoo.com...-080948873.html

Attached Thumbnails

• 2018-09-04_133942.png

Edited by Wt_know, 04 September 2018 - 01:42 PM.

Posted 04 September 2018 - 04:37 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Time to migrate liao
Aaronlkl praised this

Posted 04 September 2018 - 10:40 PM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Buying property in Australia is never an issue.
Its the selling

Anyway audsgd very low, i just bought at 0.9842 yesterday

Huat ah
Volvobrick and Solar praised this
Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:24 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Its the selling

Huat ah

Waiting for 0.90 then go in....

Posted 04 September 2018 - 11:32 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

oz need to learn from sg la

must impose ABSD then property price will go up ... lol

https://sg.yahoo.com...-080948873.html

their longest deepest slump is a 12% fall over 4 years?

smlj.

That is all.

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:26 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Its the selling

Huat ah

Wah huat ah Bought house!
Garage36.com

Posted 05 September 2018 - 12:34 AM

Aaronlkl
  • Premium member
    Aaronlkl
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Time to migrate liao

OZ is a great place to reside. Nice weather, friendly people and most importantly, won't get rob daily.
Mercs and Spring praised this
"If in doubt, Flat out!"

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:01 AM

Throttle2
  • Throttle2
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wah huat ah Bought house!

Bought AUD
Not yet buy house
And no intention to either

Edited by Throttle2, 05 September 2018 - 09:03 AM.

Targetting to truly retire by 2028
Give away my CPF
Travel the world and smoke those Cubans!

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:41 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

OZ is a great place to reside. Nice weather, friendly people and most importantly, won't get rob daily.

I know.

I stayed in Williamstown, Victoria for 3 weeks. Next to harbour. Shiok man.

Edited by Davidtch, 05 September 2018 - 09:42 AM.

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:46 AM

Mockngbrd
  • Mockngbrd
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Amdl!!!!!!
Garage36.com

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:13 PM

Kezg1
  • Premium member
    Kezg1
    6th Gear
    Author Image

...like everyone here said, rent and survey the place first up.  I have stay in a few places in oz. Most of the country side ppl are friendly as compare to metropolitan....and people dont normally talk about cars ,housing or medical...its a welfare states..but they really take care of their own(citizen) when they are old...compare to here in sinkieland..squeezing you even after 55 yrs and more...you die your business.

P:S Melbourne is a nice place but lately there are more aneh as hear say from friends. A city with 4 seasons in a day.

....was wondering how i get a Dislike....hmmm some FT lurking around i guess. 

Victor68 praised this

Posted 05 September 2018 - 01:15 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

....was wondering how i get a Dislike....hmmm some FT lurking around i guess.

Nothing to do with FT.

A lot of patriotic people on here who can't tahan it when you say anything bad about the country.

Some ex-mod even gave me a warning for encouraging some dude to AWOL from army if he has the means.
That is all.

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: australia, costofliving and 3 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users