Buying a home in Australia

Honker

Yoz, recently I have been reading on sites regarding buying a home in Australia. I am thinking of making a move to there and work under my friend company in Melbourne.

Is any member currently staying, working or studying there now?

https://austpropertysg.com/australia...-in-australia/

This article somehow motivate me even more to make a bold move! Hahha.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Why are you buying and not renting is my first question. Have you find out more on selling if you wish to move back or somewhere else?

Australia is a huge country therefore property is very, very different from Singapore. Unless you are buying a very prime location, don't even think of yield. Natural disastrous risks also need to be taken care.

Last but not least, good luck. [;)]

• Praise 3

(edited)

Yoz, recently I have been reading on sites regarding buying a home in Australia. I am thinking of making a move to there and work under my friend company in Melbourne.

Read through the article. Imo only less than half mentioned are correct.

Do more research. Don't read solely on property agent article.

Why are you buying and not renting is my first question. Have you find out more on selling if you wish to move back or somewhere else?

Australia is a huge country therefore property is very, very different from Singapore. Unless you are buying a very prime location, don't even think of yield. Natural disastrous risks also need to be taken care.

Last but not least, good luck. [;)]

For a start i would recommend TS to rent instead of plunge money into any property yet. Stay a year or so before buying. The best is to make sure you can and are eligible for the PR status. Skill/dependent/investment migration. Edited by Kopites

Actually I have been travelling to WA many times and I love the vibe and weather in Fremantle. Not too far from City and there are lots of dog lovers there. Will be heading there again soon to tall to my agent friend and see if it's better to rent or buy.

...like everyone here said, rent and survey the place first up.  I have stay in a few places in oz. Most of the country side ppl are friendly as compare to metropolitan....and people dont normally talk about cars ,housing or medical...its a welfare states..but they really take care of their own(citizen) when they are old...compare to here in sinkieland..squeezing you even after 55 yrs and more...you die your business.

P:S Melbourne is a nice place but lately there are more aneh as hear say from friends. A city with 4 seasons in a day.

Edited by Kezg1
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

Buying property in Australia is never an issue.

Its the selling

Anyway audsgd very low, i just bought at 0.9842 yesterday

Huat ah

Waiting for 0.90 then go in....

Buying property in Australia is never an issue.

Its the selling

Anyway audsgd very low, i just bought at 0.9842 yesterday

Huat ah

Wah huat ah Bought house!

OZ is a great place to reside. Nice weather, friendly people and most importantly, won't get rob daily.

I know.

I stayed in Williamstown, Victoria for 3 weeks. Next to harbour. Shiok man.

Edited by Davidtch