For Hong Kong Movies lovers

Scion

This show not bad.. starring Ray Liu

Really scarcity of pure HK movies.. without the Tiong essence..

Edited by Freeder
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

This show not bad.. starring Ray Liu

Really scarcity of pure HK movies.. without the Tiong essence..

Worth going to cinema to watch this movie? I am thinking of watching it since super long never step into cinema liao.

Master's food.  Serve what master wants. 

明月几时有...

Nostalgic memories when I watched this as a rerun with my mum many years ago. That time they 阿中 really 明月几时有。

Anthony Perry really commando. Ah Lau was trying to stop him from Harikiri. Maybe he can make Hongkong films out of Australia. 

The life of Anthony.  Sure star studded film that.  Might be really fun Re enacting his many films.  And how he can raise his kids living away from his wife... Cough cough mum cough cough bitter... 

Rain tree? 

Supersonic

There are many restrictions for them to film in China. Other than the censorship which limits the types of movies they can make (one year how many monkey king movies do we need to see?) .. there are also restrictions on using too many "foreign" crew and actors, so they can't freely make movies like they are used to in Hong Kong. All crime stories must end in a positive light, gangsters not allowed to be glorified, all superstitious themes must end in some awkward way such that its not superstitious, etc.

Quite an irony, because in the 1970's and 1980's, it was Taiwan that had all the censorship and restrictions during marshal law which gave Hong Kong the competitive advantage to make entertaining movies and all kinds of commercial movies, crime, violence, sex, vampires, .. Those years, Taiwan also banned crew and actors who have been in mainland or leftist films.

That's why the movies before the mid 2000s are the peak golden period of the HK movie industry.

Now ask me to watch new Chinese movies, mostly I'll pass.

Worth going to cinema to watch this movie? I am thinking of watching it since super long never step into cinema liao.

Prepare some Kleenex .....

Finally I see a resurgent of HK movies of late, and please, watch with canto dialogue. Those dubbed by Taiwanese is rubbish and does not bring out the essence of the show.

Finally I see a resurgent of HK movies of late, and please, watch with canto dialogue. Those dubbed by Taiwanese is rubbish and does not bring out the essence of the show.

i dun watch their fighting/action movies in cinema, if they get to show on tv in mandarin, i will still watch.

I watched 一念无明 and this coming 黄金花 in cantonese during the chinese film festival.

• Praise 2

i dun watch their fighting/action movies in cinema, if they get to show on tv in mandarin, i will still watch.

I watched 一念无明 and this coming 黄金花 in cantonese during the chinese film festival.

黄金花 is showing in JB cinema now and in cantonese. 

黄金花 is showing in JB cinema now and in cantonese. 

i dun do regular trip to JB, hard to monitor and plan.

i dun do regular trip to JB, hard to monitor and plan.

Good to go to JB to watch HK movie since all are in cantonese.

This was last year's Best Film at the HKFA. This year's Best Film is a bit weak, although I like most of Director Ann Hui's works. Original voice is always best, as it is also part of acting. 

i believe the original is mandarin for her movie,  looking at the cast, majority from mainland and Eddie Peng is Taiwanese.