Cars We Don't Get to Drive in Singapore

Carbon82

Friend: Hi, what car you are driving now?

Owner: The latest Altis.

Friend: Oh, the 1.6L Dual VVTi model?

Owner: Nope, 2.5L Hybrid.

Friend: You don't bluff me, the largest engine in Altis is only 1.8L, and no hybrid too.

Owner: Really, I am not joking!

Friend: Show it to me...

Owner: OK, it is over there.

I know, you also think this is joke right? Well...

daihatsu_altis.jpg

daihatsu_altis_5.jpg

daihatsu_altis_7.jpg

It will be fun, if PI bring in this model from Daihatsu, and yes, it is a re-badged Toyota Camry... :grin:  :grin:

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Supersonic

Friend: Hi, what car you are driving now?

Owner: The latest Altis.

Friend: Oh, the 1.6L Dual VVTi model?

Owner: Nope, 2.5L Hybrid.

Friend: You don't bluff me, the largest engine in Altis is only 1.8L, and no hybrid too.

Owner: Really, I am not joking!

Friend: Show it to me...

Owner: OK, it is over there.

I know, you also think this is joke right? Well...

daihatsu_altis.jpg

daihatsu_altis_5.jpg

daihatsu_altis_7.jpg

It will be fun, if PI bring in this model from Daihatsu, and yes, it is a re-badged Toyota Camry... :grin::grin:

The Japanese did the same for the previous Camry.
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Heard of this brand?

Luxgen-logo-2009-2560x1440.png

Luxgen Motor Co., Ltd. is a Taiwanese automaker headquartered in Sanyi, Miaoli, Taiwan, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Yulon Motor. It was founded in January 2009 and its vehicles have been manufactured in Hangzhou, China by Dongfeng Yulon since late-2010. Luxgen products are primarily developed by another Yulon subsidiary, HAITEC and has received many excellent awards.

Their MPV (M7 Turbo Eco Hyper) look like a cross breed between Peugeot and Toyota.

150623-2927-2-7ZW4M.jpg

150623-2927-9-VtqfR.jpg

150623-2927-5-t0Q1O.jpg

150623-2927-6-iIvi6.jpg

2.0L in line 4, 202ps horsepower, 300Nm torque, FC 11.8Km/L.

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 6

The Japanese did the same for the previous Camry.

Isuzu did that for the Honda as well as proton did that for the accord.

But not many people are queuing up to buy the same shi t different day accord leh.

Heard of this brand?

Luxgen Motor Co., Ltd. is a Taiwanese automaker headquartered in Sanyi, Miaoli, Taiwan, and a wholly owned subsidiary of Yulon Motor. It was founded in January 2009 and its vehicles have been manufactured in Hangzhou, China by Dongfeng Yulon since late-2010. Luxgen products are primarily developed by another Yulon subsidiary, HAITEC and has received many excellent awards.

Their MPV (M7 Turbo Eco Hyper) look like a cross breed between Peugeot and Toyota.

150623-2927-2-7ZW4M.jpg

150623-2927-9-VtqfR.jpg

150623-2927-5-t0Q1O.jpg

150623-2927-6-iIvi6.jpg

I would really like to see the Qoros here.

https://youtu.be/Qjtvp0lUTdk

qoros-unveils-camless-engine-with-koenig

Heard of this brand?

150623-2927-2-7ZW4M.jpg

150623-2927-9-VtqfR.jpg

150623-2927-5-t0Q1O.jpg

150623-2927-6-iIvi6.jpg

Yes, this Luxgen MPV is big, spacious, nice and comfortable, interior comparable even to some of the Japanese and Korea car......Was in Taipei holiday with family, the driver I engaged drove this.......

If China and Korea brands can make it here, wonder what is stopping them from coming ?

Yes, this Luxgen MPV is big, spacious, nice and comfortable, interior comparable even to some of the Japanese and Korea car......Was in Taipei holiday with family, the driver I engaged drove this.......

If China and Korea brands can make it here, wonder what is stopping them from coming ?

This Taiwanese Factory only make LHD,RHD too small market....

Supersonic

This Taiwanese Factory only make LHD,RHD too small market....

I don't think the company would want to expand globally. 

It's more for local and China markets.

Tail light looks different le

Same lah... This is the latest Camry (2018 model year) btw.

daihatsu_altis_5.jpeg

toyota_camry_hybrid_43.jpeg

• Praise 9

I would really like to see the Qoros here.

qoros-unveils-camless-engine-with-koenig

I was about to write about Qoros, which have gathered much attention internationally. I will share more about the brand history and background in another thread. Now, here is another interesting brand and product...

hqdefault.jpglynkco.gif

The first impression I had when I saw the logo: Is that a new fashion label from NY? Then I look at it product line up and it scream Porsche, Vezel / HRV, Jaguar... [shocked]  [shocked]

Lynk & Co 01

Lynk-And-Co-02-To-Be-A-Crossover-7.jpg

Lynk-And-Co-02-To-Be-A-Crossover-8.jpg

Lynk-And-Co-02-To-Be-A-Crossover-9.jpg

But what is interesting here is that the SUV is based on Compact Modular Architecture (CMA) platform, which also underpins the Volvo XC40. The 01 will share much of its components with the XC40, including its electrical architecture, engines and safety systems.

One unique feature is that the car will be controlled by a shared digital key that can allow owners to provide access to other Lynk & Co cars. The car is 4.53m long and will be powered by 1.5-litre 3-cylinder and a 2.0-litre 4-cylinder petrol engines from Volvo. In another word, it is a re-skin XC40, from China, and a legit one. [rolleyes]
  • Praise 6

I guess by now, many would have known that DS is a premium brand under French PSA group (it sits on top of Citroen, instead of a sub-brand under the former). This model I am posting here, share the EMP2 platform with Peugeot 5008 II and Citroën C5 Aircross. But there are something else that make the car stand out...

DS 7 Crossback

DS 7 Crossback marked a new focus for DS, focusing more on comfort, on the quality of the assembly and the materials, and on the technologies (driving aids, driving semi-autonomous), in order to get closer to the top trio of premium car manufacturers, consisting of Audi, BMW, and Mercedes-Benz.

The car was also the ceremonial vehicle for the new President of the French Republic, Emmanuel Macron. The model was driven for the first time in public on the official inauguration ceremony seven months before its launch. (Well it reminded me of Superb being used as the official car for Czech President).

la-voiture-presidentielle-demmanuel-macr

ds_7_crossback_38.jpeg

ds_7_crossback_935.jpeg

ds_7_crossback_24.jpeg

ds_7_crossback_919.jpeg

ds_7_crossback_5.jpeg

ds_7_crossback_31.jpeg

DS Active Scan Suspension analyses the road ahead and adjusts automatically, improving comfort on the move to create a unique, smooth driving experience. This innovative technology employs a camera placed behind the windscreen connected electronically to the front and rear axles. This works with four height sensors and three accelerometers to gauge DS 7 CROSSBACK’s reactions such as speed, steering wheel angle and braking.

DS Night Vision enables you to build an accurate picture of the road ahead and spot hazards sooner. An infrared camera in the grille detects pedestrians and animals in the road up to 100m in front. You'll see the road ahead in the digital instrument display with potentional hazards highlighted in yellow, changing to red as they get closer. An audible alert can sound depending on how close these are. This enables you to anticipate hazards and react accordingly.

DS Connected Pilot is a step closer to autonomous driving, but still allows you to retake full control of the car at any point. The innovative system regulates the speed and distance in relation to the vehicle in front. It also positions the car precisely in its lane by controlling the steering. Operable between 0 and 112mph, it can come to a complete stop and set off again. It makes for driving that’s safer and less stressful in traffic jams or on motorways.

and more...

• Praise 6

2019 Lincoln Aviator

lincoln_aviator_60_01dc0392077c0512.jpg

lincoln_aviator_92_04c203c507dd0537.jpg

lincoln_aviator_75_01b40212087705b0.jpg

lincoln_aviator_453_03b9009f0aa607e6.jpg

lincoln_aviator_8.jpg

lincoln_aviator_53.jpg

lincoln_aviator_98.jpg

lincoln_aviator_40.jpg

It just have that American feel, on top of luxrious interior, typical of a German. Look very interesting imo.

• Praise 9

Supersonic

2019 Lincoln Aviator

lincoln_aviator_60_01dc0392077c0512.jpg

lincoln_aviator_92_04c203c507dd0537.jpg

lincoln_aviator_75_01b40212087705b0.jpg

lincoln_aviator_453_03b9009f0aa607e6.jpg

lincoln_aviator_8.jpg

lincoln_aviator_53.jpg

lincoln_aviator_98.jpg

lincoln_aviator_40.jpg

It just have that American feel, on top of luxrious interior, typical of a German. Look very interesting imo.

I think Lincoln cars have never been sold in Singapore before.

(edited)

This American EV look many times more interesting that Tesla!!  [nod]  [nod]  [thumbsup]

Quick Spec

Max Horsepower: 780 hp

0 - 100Km/h: <3 sec

Top Speed: >250 Km/h (160 mph)

Range per Charge: >600 Km (400+ miles)

Others: 24" rim, AWD, butterfly doors, electrochromatic tint, advanced autonomous driving system, etc.

Fisker EMotion

fisker_emotion_22.jpg

fisker_emotion_42.jpg

fisker_emotion_18.jpg

fisker_emotion_63.jpg

fisker_emotion_5.jpg

fisker_emotion_2.jpg

Edited by Carbon82
  • Praise 8

This American EV look many times more interesting that Tesla!!  [nod]  [nod]  [thumbsup]

Quick Spec

Max Horsepower: 780 hp

0 - 100Km/h: <3 sec

Top Speed: >250 Km/h (160 mph)

Range per Charge: >600 Km (400+ miles)

Others: 24" rim, AWD, butterfly doors, electrochromatic tint, advanced autonomous driving system, etc.

Fisker EMotion

fisker_emotion_22.jpg

fisker_emotion_42.jpg

fisker_emotion_18.jpg

fisker_emotion_63.jpg

fisker_emotion_5.jpg

fisker_emotion_2.jpg

EVs are definitely our future. Enjoy Internal Combustion Engines while we can... :D  

• Praise 3

I think Lincoln cars have never been sold in Singapore before.

Got... up the mid 60s. The Big 3 do sell many of their mainstream models in sg esp during the 50s to late 60s. All properly converted to RHD at the factory. 

Well where do u think that 1962 Chevy Impala and 1966 Plymouth Valiant Barracuda at Kombi Rocks came from? They were official imports back then and the cars survived till this day. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2