COE obtained but no car

Thinker00

When I booked the current car, I traded in my old car which was close to 5 years old. Coe secured and the shipment hadn't arrived, the PI took in my old car to deregister just before the 5 year limit. I was given a rented car, which was a few months old then, to drive for 2 weeks. I was not in a hurry to get my new car registered then!

• Praise 3

When I booked the current car, I traded in my old car which was close to 5 years old. Coe secured and the shipment hadn't arrived, the PI took in my old car to deregister just before the 5 year limit. I was given a rented car, which was a few months old then, to drive for 2 weeks. I was not in a hurry to get my new car registered then! ð

That is a fair arrangement, they have to deregister your car before reaching 5 years to maximise the parf rebate.

I assume yours is not an open CAT COE, so yours has 6 months validity till Apr to register a car.

You are told Dec to collect your car, even if it is stated somewhere, you cant do much if they have a valid reason for not being able to deliver on time.

Instead of complainig and get frustrated , why not sit down with the SE and his manager to understand what is the problem and what is a realistic timeline. Ask them for a best case and worst case scenario how long, and if not what other options you have etc. BM is a big AD, i am sure they dont like to screw things up and there must be valid reasons that though may not be of your interest, it is still good to know the cause. It is best to sort things out in a amiable manner. Think about it, if you cancel order, you go buy a different brand, pay more and start the waiting game again? My suggestion is not. Do i sound like a BM salesman ? If yes, i am not.

Once coe secured no worry. Probably no stock for your particular colour. Ask your se when the shipment from Thailand coming in and also able to do a change of colour.
  • Praise 1

Generally BM won't give customer a dateline as to when it will deliver. All the time they will tell you mid month or end month. My understanding once customer place a deposit SE would immediately put a tick on the shipment date. If choosen colour belong to those popular than it will be up to management "discretion : package/margin/big bosses etc.) on the allocation.

Many people have the misconception. I placed an order so the factory will go assemble the car. Nope..the car already all done up sitting in the warehouse for many months if not for weeks depend on demand.

Is up to BM on quantity/colour/features to indent. Also very much depend on the japan toyota allocated quota per region/country for each make.

Remember the costing aspect also play a significant part, like the currency rates; US/yen/sgd, shipment costs (do not has the misconception every shipment cost a flat rate; insurance/fuel surcharge for vessel varies. local storage space at West coast. (the one beside RSYC).

Fair to the SE, they too want to close the deal ASAP as commission very much depend on the final delivery. Remember loan and insurance start from the date (plus/minus) of delivery.

talk to your SE see whether able to change the colour if really urgently on need of the car.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 2

Just continue waiting because the shipment simply is not here yet.

The good part is you can use your December bonus for the down payment  ^_^

I also faced the same thing before  [:(]

Secured the COE liao then wait wait wait SE said next week

Then Next week said next week

Next week again said coming soon

Next week finally next few days  [idea]

Secured coe in March cum registered ownership

Collected in April basically wasted 1 month worth of coe,roadtax,insurance,depreciation,etc [furious]

Compensation was a high IRR solar film from 3M [sweatdrop]

When I saw car VIN then knew that vehicle was manufactured in February 

PS. Good thing is that the car is really very fresh from the factory [thumbsup] from DOM to DOC 75 days

Hi all, I am in situation where I’ve place order with Borneo motor, told me latest Dec can collect my car, but SE keep saying no news, no date yet. My COE was secured 4th Oct. I’m piss off with such lousy services. What can I do? Cancel my order? Go to Borneo complain? Anyone know the complain channel?

HI, please note in the car agreement, any cancellation means forfeit your booking deposit. Since the COE already bidded, BM may ask you to compensate for the difference between S$10,000 COE deposit and the amount of deposit you paid. I believe your car is delayed and we not sure due to what factors. Normally read your car agreement again, there sure state some date for car delivery. If too late, BM may compensate you with some freebies, I believe. 

I also booked a car with C&C in July and I was told my car will arrive only in Jan/Feb 2019. COE was biided successfully in 2nd half of Sep. So i waited patiently for my car to arrive. However some how the car arrive early and I may get my car in late Dec18. 

Go down and discuss with the SE and his manager and find out what is actually happen. That is the best way. 

Many people have the misconception. I placed an order so the factory will go assemble the car. Nope..the car already all done up sitting in the warehouse for many months if not for weeks depend on demand.

Is up to BM on quantity/colour/features to indent. Also very much depend on the japan toyota allocated quota per region/country for each make.

Remember the costing aspect also play a significant part, like the currency rates; US/yen/sgd, shipment costs (do not has the misconception every shipment cost a flat rate; insurance/fuel surcharge for vessel varies. local storage space at West coast. (the one beside RSYC).

Depending on the available specification (eg. colour) chosen, the stock may or may not be available. Average waiting time for Borneo Motors is always 3 months regardless high or low COE for many many years. This lead time combines the bidding/securing of COE, stock availability, manufacturing and shipment. My current car Date Of Manufactured was between this 3 months. Car was made much later after I booked the car due to the color I specifically wanted.

In other countries, buying a car is like buying a fridge or rice cooker - straightforward. But in Singapore, it is a very uniquely country.

Depending on the available specification (eg. colour) chosen, the stock may or may not be available. Average waiting time for Borneo Motors is always 3 months regardless high or low COE for many many years. This lead time combines the bidding/securing of COE, stock availability, manufacturing and shipment. My current car Date Of Manufactured was between this 3 months. Car was made much later after I booked the car due to the color I specifically wanted.

In other countries, buying a car is like buying a fridge or rice cooker - straightforward. But in Singapore, it is a very uniquely country.

It can be simpler with COE bidding using Singpass

Depending on the available specification (eg. colour) chosen, the stock may or may not be available. Average waiting time for Borneo Motors is always 3 months regardless high or low COE for many many years. This lead time combines the bidding/securing of COE, stock availability, manufacturing and shipment. My current car Date Of Manufactured was between this 3 months. Car was made much later after I booked the car due to the color I specifically wanted.

In other countries, buying a car is like buying a fridge or rice cooker - straightforward. But in Singapore, it is a very uniquely country.

3 months for BM? Since when BM become MB?  :slow:

Must be crazy to wait 3 months for a BM car....

It can be simpler with COE bidding using Singpass

I also believe this 3 months lead time is mainly for the authorized dealer to spread out it’s COE biddings to minimize the premiums from raising and higher chance of securing. Don’t forget, Borneo Motors is the top car dealer with Toyota and Lexus combined. They can easily have a thousand orders to fulfill in any given time. You won’t expect them to bid all at once in one single COE excercise with that 1000 bids do you? That’s why the 3 months, plus other mitigating factors.

My 5 cents.

3 months for BM? Since when BM become MB?  :slow:

Must be crazy to wait 3 months for a BM car..

those who book an Altis now will get their delivery in Mar

To be frank, all my colleague and friends never experienced such services from AD, or PI. They got their car delivered on time. One of them checked with his contact and was told that BM sales has not prioritize my car and has assigned to others who would only buy at short lead time. Since, the sales contract typically protect the AD, they advised to raise the matter to CASE to lodge a record and also post to social media to warn others.

I’ll talk to Borneo sales and see what excuses they came out with and decide my action next. Buying a car was suppose to be a happy thing, yet it was completely ruined by lousy sales service.

Probably you can ask SE to give you the chassis number.

If don’t have, then something is wrong.

On 4th Oct, BM message me my COE secured.

On my contract it said estimate delivery end Nov.

Depending on the available specification (eg. colour) chosen, the stock may or may not be available. Average waiting time for Borneo Motors is always 3 months regardless high or low COE for many many years. This lead time combines the bidding/securing of COE, stock availability, manufacturing and shipment. My current car Date Of Manufactured was between this 3 months. Car was made much later after I booked the car due to the color I specifically wanted.

In other countries, buying a car is like buying a fridge or rice cooker - straightforward. But in Singapore, it is a very uniquely country.

Ya hahha ... sg AD usually dont stock up much .
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3