Opel Grandland X

Biglittlebean

Was there for the launch today. Launch price was 128888... Initial feel is that it is comparable to Harrier in terms of size and spaciousness. Equipment wise is plentiful and too many to list. Heard from the SE serving me that about 8 Grandlands were sold yesterday. Engine is the same as the Crossland X but tuned to higher horsepower and torque. Didn't test drive it though as was rushing for time.

Saw that there was a new Opel SUV owners FB group set up. Could be the new buyers or buyers interested in the car as well.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Was there for the launch today. Launch price was 128888... Initial feel is that it is comparable to Harrier in terms of size and spaciousness. Equipment wise is plentiful and too many to list. Heard from the SE serving me that about 8 Grandlands were sold yesterday. Engine is the same as the Crossland X but tuned to higher horsepower and torque. Didn't test drive it though as was rushing for time. 

Good price.

Even better than the Insignia. 

Price 128,888.00 is list price or sale price? Price seems higher side for 1.2T engine

• Praise 1

Space wise, is it towards Astra size or Insignia size?

They are both different types of cars compared to Grandland. I would say that it is more spacious than Vezel for sure. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

They are both different types of cars compared to Grandland. I would say that it is more spacious than Vezel for sure.

Then my price judgement is wrong.

SGD128,888 seems to be on a high side.

Price 128,888.00 is list price or sale price? Price seems higher side for 1.2T engine

Went down to kpo during their launch. That sales price only valid for their launch date from 17 and 18. IMO, it is overpriced at similarly powered competitors, and when comparing to similar sized competitors, its underpowered. 

Ride comfort and NVH definitely better then qashqai and Vezel. Power wise ok on pick up. But once slightly at speed, it seems to lose the pulling strength. Auto park cannot park in lots that has faded or no lines. Their all round camera looks low resolution as well. Hopefully the price will drop in a few months time  [laugh]

Edited by LYC
  • Praise 1

Then my price judgement is wrong.

SGD128,888 seems to be on a high side.

In terms of equipment, it is definitely far better than all Japanese SUVs and can match the higher specs Insignia. Engine wise can be better although fuel consumption should be not bad. 

• Praise 1

Went down to kpo during their launch. That sales price only valid for their launch date from 17 and 18. IMO, it is overpriced at similarly powered competitors, and when comparing to similar sized competitors, its underpowered.

Ride comfort and NVH definitely better then qashqai and Vezel. Power wise ok on pick up. But once slightly at speed, it seems to lose the pulling strength. Auto park cannot park in lots that has faded or no lines. Their all round camera looks low resolution as well. Hopefully the price will drop in a few months time [laugh]

Recently launched models sure will be priced high. Just wait....i tell you prices will drop one. It's an opel, not a Toyota wish
  • Praise 1

Recently launched models sure will be priced high. Just wait....i tell you prices will drop one. It's an opel, not a Toyota wish

True true

Ride comfort and NVH definitely better then qashqai and Vezel. Power wise ok on pick up. But once slightly at speed, it seems to lose the pulling strength. Auto park cannot park in lots that has faded or no lines. Their all round camera looks low resolution as well. Hopefully the price will drop in a few months time [laugh]

That’s strange if the auto park depends on lines. As far as I know which is not a lot by the way, auto park works on the objects between the lots ie cars in front or behind if parallel parking n cars by the side for reverse parking. Isn’t this the way? Cos if really depending on lines, I wonder how the cam can differentiate a line on the floor?
  • Praise 3

That’s strange if the auto park depends on lines. As far as I know which is not a lot by the way, auto park works on the objects between the lots ie cars in front or behind if parallel parking n cars by the side for reverse parking. Isn’t this the way? Cos if really depending on lines, I wonder how the cam can differentiate a line on the floor?

thats what I gathered from the SE. Wanted to try, but she say the floor no lines, so the system can't really work  [laugh]  Maybe it uses a combination of sensors for objects and imagery sensing technology for carpark guiding lines for the car to "sense" and guide itself bah. 

• Praise 2

thats what I gathered from the SE. Wanted to try, but she say the floor no lines, so the system can't really work [laugh] Maybe it uses a combination of sensors for objects and imagery sensing technology for carpark guiding lines for the car to "sense" and guide itself bah.

maybe the SE scare got accident so use that as standard answer...
  • Praise 1

Suddenly I feel Peugeot 3008 GT is value for money at $114,888.

Interior of Peugeot 3008 GT, especially the cockpit, look much nicer than Opel Grandland X.

• Praise 2

The Pug 3008 has TFT dash display come as standard. The Grandland X still using analogue dials from GM? Is it also using PSA's comms2000? Hopefully no. Looks like parts bin still mostly coming from GM.

The look of Grandland X cockpit & centre console area make me think of Hyundai Tucson.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1