Opel Grandland X

Biglittlebean

The 3008 TFT screen comes as standard wor. Ppl will no doubt make comparison between these two models becoz of the same underpinnings. The Grandland X uses analog dials while 3008 has a TFT screen. It's a no brainer when choosing between the two.

Neutral Newbie

[laugh]  [laugh]  [laugh]  this is funny

maybe the SE scare got accident so use that as standard answer...

The 3008 TFT screen comes as standard wor. Ppl will no doubt make comparison between these two models becoz of the same underpinnings. The Grandland X uses analog dials while 3008 has a TFT screen. It's a no brainer when choosing between the two.

So in terms of size the grandland x is going to compare wif 3008? so it is definitely smaller then 5008? i havent seen the grandland x yet. Does it have elec tailgate? 

• Praise 1

So in terms of size the grandland x is going to compare wif 3008? so it is definitely smaller then 5008? i havent seen the grandland x yet. Does it have elec tailgate? 

For me I couldn't care less about whether it comes with the electric tailgate function. What's wrong with using your hands to close it? Using hand is much faster. The 3008 tailgate opening is by waving your one leg under the boot like a mad person. What's with all these useless functions anyway? I think it's more suited for women who do a lot of grocery runs, hands full of groceries. Hey, FYI now got what redmart and honestbee.

Actually if me I will be more concern about the refinement of the 3 cylinder engine. In terms of physics having odd number cylinders like 3 or 5 the engine will rock and tumble when it's running. So engineers need to use counter balance to stop the engine from doing somersaults. They have to use multiple balancer shafts to counter the odd number cylinders rotation. It actually robs away some power output if you think about it. Then there are certain angles when the crankshaft is rotating that there's no power stroke. At low engine speeds you can feel the "un-refinement". You will find yourself revving it to get away from low engine speeds.

Of course there will be also the good stuff the car maker will tell you about the 3 cylinder engine. It's excellent fuel economy, its compact and lightweight advantages blah blah blah. I'm not saying it's not fun. Driving a small capacity TC engine can be fun to drive coz you are pushing it to its limits often. Compared to big capacity TC engine most of the time you only use a fraction of its immense power.

Test drive to see how well the 3 cylinder engine is built. If you find yourself revving it a lot, it proves what is said about 3 cylinder engines is true. Forget about the stupid features and functions. Focus on what matters which is the drive.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 3

Supersonic

I think it's the same size class as the Peugeot 3008. 

3008 looks better.

The interior of 3008 looks very refreshing.  With the huge and high centre console separated you from the passenger beside you.  You just have that 'wrap around' kind of feel sitting in a 'business class' position.

On the other hand, the interior of Grandland X still looks very conventional.  Moreover with that narrow and low centre console, you will notice that you have paid high price for an 'economy class' seat.   [:|]

post-192422-0-05300700-1522284541_thumb.jpg

post-192422-0-52378700-1522284561_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toomuchtorque
  • Praise 1

Definitely smaller then 5008. comes with electronic tailgate.

Suddenly I feel Peugeot 3008 GT is value for money at $114,888.

Interior of Peugeot 3008 GT, especially the cockpit, look much nicer than Opel Grandland X.

There is no GT on sale in SG yet. the price you indicated is the base Active model  [:)]

• Praise 1

Anyone here bought the Grandland X?

Me, took my car last Thursday, been driving it for a week till date.

Me, took my car last Thursday, been driving it for a week till date.

How do you feel about the car? So far any pros and cons as compared to your previous ride? 

How do you feel about the car? So far any pros and cons as compared to your previous ride?

Overall good till date, may be still early too tell since the mileage is only less then 1k.

I think is hard to compare to my previous ride as they are totally different segment. My previous ride is a Scirocco lowered to no fingers, This Grandland is tall so to me is hell lot of difference in terms of space and height.

I have compared Grandland X to Peugeot 3008 before I signed the dotted lines, both car shares the same platform same size same engine even the price is the same ( high specs 3008 )

I love the interior of 3008, but I love the exterior of Grandland X more.

Why Grandland X won me over is because of the higher OMV, the warranty and Servicing package from AD. Not to forget the Auto Tailgate too.

Interior for Grandland is more conservative compare to 3008, but fitment and quality is good. Factory fitted leather with ventilated Seats is awesome. I kinda grow to like this interior over the pass week.

Well pro and cons I guess.

• Praise 3

I have compared Grandland X to Peugeot 3008 before I signed the dotted lines, both car shares the same platform same size same engine even the price is the same ( high specs 3008 )

I love the interior of 3008, but I love the exterior of Grandland X more.

Why Grandland X won me over is because of the higher OMV, the warranty and Servicing package from AD. Not to forget the Auto Tailgate too.

Interior for Grandland is more conservative compare to 3008, but fitment and quality is good. Factory fitted leather with ventilated Seats is awesome. I kinda grow to like this interior over the pass week.

Well pro and cons I guess.

Hi bro,

During the Cars at Expo, the SE told me that the leather seats are locally fitted. Can u confirm they are factory fitted? I somehow dun believe the SE. Lol

Also, do you know if the speakers are Denon as mentioned in the website and brochure or already replaced with cheapo ones?

I’m going to take a look and test drive if possible.

Cheers.

Edited by Wormee
  • Praise 1

Hi bro,

During the Cars at Expo, the SE told me that the leather seats are locally fitted. Can u confirm they are factory fitted? I somehow dun believe the SE. Lol

Also, do you know if the speakers are Denon as mentioned in the website and brochure or already replaced with cheapo ones?

Iâm going to take a look and test drive if possible.

Cheers.

Seems like that SE never do his or her homework well. Let me know if you wanna mine, she is damn good. PM me.

Confirm Factory fitted by AGR , same as the new Insignia.

No, the stock speakers are not Denon, I change mine with component speakers with an amp and processor with sound proofing and it’s good to go.

• Praise 1

Seems like that SE never do his or her homework well. Let me know if you wanna mine, she is damn good. PM me.

Confirm Factory fitted by AGR , same as the new Insignia.

No, the stock speakers are not Denon, I change mine with component speakers with an amp and processor with sound proofing and it’s good to go.

Did you manage to see the inner door panels when they are doing the soundproofing? Is it covered with those plastic weather sheets pasted on or those hard plastic kind? 

Did you manage to see the inner door panels when they are doing the soundproofing? Is it covered with those plastic weather sheets pasted on or those hard plastic kind?

No. Not those plastic weather sheets kind neither is those hard plastic type. It was a semi hard white form type which my installer remove away.
↡ Advertisement