Opel Grandland X

Biglittlebean

Supersonic

Yes, I think you are right.

And this increase of 10k to 30k will apply for most of the new car stock coming in after 01 July, unless the car meets the VES neutral requirement.

Hopefully they can detune the engine or absorb part of the costs, or else how to sell?

Till now haven't seen one on the roads.

The Mokka are all PHVs. 

↡ Advertisement

For me I couldn't care less about whether it comes with the electric tailgate function. What's wrong with using your hands to close it? Using hand is much faster. The 3008 tailgate opening is by waving your one leg under the boot like a mad person. What's with all these useless functions anyway? I think it's more suited for women who do a lot of grocery runs, hands full of groceries. Hey, FYI now got what redmart and honestbee.

Actually if me I will be more concern about the refinement of the 3 cylinder engine. In terms of physics having odd number cylinders like 3 or 5 the engine will rock and tumble when it's running. So engineers need to use counter balance to stop the engine from doing somersaults. They have to use multiple balancer shafts to counter the odd number cylinders rotation. It actually robs away some power output if you think about it. Then there are certain angles when the crankshaft is rotating that there's no power stroke. At low engine speeds you can feel the "un-refinement". You will find yourself revving it to get away from low engine speeds.

Of course there will be also the good stuff the car maker will tell you about the 3 cylinder engine. It's excellent fuel economy, its compact and lightweight advantages blah blah blah. I'm not saying it's not fun. Driving a small capacity TC engine can be fun to drive coz you are pushing it to its limits often. Compared to big capacity TC engine most of the time you only use a fraction of its immense power.

Test drive to see how well the 3 cylinder engine is built. If you find yourself revving it a lot, it proves what is said about 3 cylinder engines is true. Forget about the stupid features and functions. Focus on what matters which is the drive.

Suprisingly the 1.2T 3 cylinders engine do not need to rev high to move quickly off the start line. Normally 2krpm will get the car ahead from the pack since the vehicle not heavy around 1.2 to 1.3 ton.
  • Praise 2

Just wanted to share with anyone considering the cost breakdown:

Price 119,777.00

Ves B 0.00 Surcharge

Cat A COE 28,000.00 

Road Tax Per Annum 508.00 

OMV  31,368.00 

ARF 35,915 

Total Cost 95,283.2 

Premium 26% 

Edited by biogenie
  • Praise 2

Just wanted to share with anyone considering the cost breakdown:

Price 119,777.00

Ves B 0.00 Surcharge

Cat A COE 28,000.00 

Road Tax Per Annum 508.00 

OMV  31,368.00 

ARF 35,915 

Total Cost 95,283.2 

Premium 26% 

Where you get this info from? Grandland X as of now is still Band C2 with 20k surcharge. 

I have compared Grandland X to Peugeot 3008 before I signed the dotted lines, both car shares the same platform same size same engine even the price is the same ( high specs 3008 )

I love the interior of 3008, but I love the exterior of Grandland X more.

Why Grandland X won me over is because of the higher OMV, the warranty and Servicing package from AD. Not to forget the Auto Tailgate too.

Interior for Grandland is more conservative compare to 3008, but fitment and quality is good. Factory fitted leather with ventilated Seats is awesome. I kinda grow to like this interior over the pass week.

Well pro and cons I guess.

Hi. Can I check if

1) the Grandland X sold locally as Active Lane Keeping Assist? I

E. Active Lane Keep Assist: Helps you avoid collisions by keeping the vehicle from drifting out of the lane unintentionally by gently steering the vehicle back on course.

2) puddle light at the bottom of the side mirrors

3) Heated Outside Mirrors

4) Auto Emergency braking?

5) apart from carplay, is therr android auto & mirrorlink?

6) wireless charging?

Thanks!

• Praise 1

Hi. Can I check if

1) the Grandland X sold locally as Active Lane Keeping Assist? I

E. Active Lane Keep Assist: Helps you avoid collisions by keeping the vehicle from drifting out of the lane unintentionally by gently steering the vehicle back on course.

2) puddle light at the bottom of the side mirrors

3) Heated Outside Mirrors

4) Auto Emergency braking?

5) apart from carplay, is therr android auto & mirrorlink?

6) wireless charging?

Thanks!

Hi,

Is a yes for all you listed.

Hi,

Is a yes for all you listed. âï¸

Sorry! 1 more thing to double check. Is it equipped with Autonomous follow assist?

Brochure shows it, but Sales rep says it's not fitted.

• Praise 2

Sorry! 1 more thing to double check. Is it equipped with Autonomous follow assist?

Brochure shows it, but Sales rep says it's not fitted.

Hey no problem!

This time your sales rep is correct. I would wish it was fitted too!

• Praise 1

Hey no problem!

This time your sales rep is correct. I would wish it was fitted too!

Yeah. Can't help thinking about the near perfection if this was included. No perfect car I guess. Thanks again :)
  • Praise 1

Yeah. Can't help thinking about the near perfection if this was included. No perfect car I guess. Thanks again :)

Believe it is quite a steal to purchase it now as per compare to my purchase price when launch.

PM me should you need further info on the car.

• Praise 2

Just received an invite to the launch of the Opel Grandland X today. Any feedback about this car? The current AD is Alpine Motors which sells GM cars like Chevy. Now that GM has sold Opel to PSA group, will there be any servicing or warranty issues if PSA takes back the dealership from Alpine?

Anyway I’ve also received the launch invitation from se. If I’m free I’ll go down to take a look at the car

• Praise 1