• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic | 110 praises

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:29 PM

Neutrino
  • Neutrino
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

From my high HDB I can look down on 12 storey HDB. [laugh]

There looks to be some work going on on a group of 12 storey HDB nearby where they appear to be installing solar panels on the roof.

Is this correct and have they been installed elsewhere?

I think it's a good idea.

Tianmo and Ash2017 praised this
There is no law without enforcement

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:40 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

From my high HDB I can look down on 12 storey HDB. [laugh]
There looks to be some work going on on a group of 12 storey HDB nearby where they appear to be installing solar panels on the roof.

Is this correct and have they been installed elsewhere?

I think it's a good idea.

my neighbourhood has them for more than a yr liao.......but i dont see the savings being passed to the residents.
Buadongdong and Atonchia praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:53 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

my neighbourhood has them for more than a yr liao.......but i dont see the savings being passed to the residents.

Cos there isnt savings to begin with.. The payback for the panels alone will take more than 20yrs.. So wait long long if u wanna see savings passed down. Hehe..
Victor68, Ash2017 and Atonchia praised this

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

Leo72
  • Leo72
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Cos there isnt savings to begin with.. The payback for the panels alone will take more than 20yrs.. So wait long long if u wanna see savings passed down. Hehe..

They'll also say if don't install solar panels, the fees you pay to the town council will be increase a lot instead of so little increase.

Buadongdong and Ash2017 praised this
Tailgater and road hogger, please stay away from me. Queue cutter, please cut queue behind me.

Posted 11 March 2018 - 03:59 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

wah.....so long har! I thought those newer solar panels price has gone down by a lot! But still okay.....at least save some energy and the environment.

They'll also say if don't install solar panels, the fees you pay to the town council will be increase a lot instead of so little increase.

same like gst.....if dont increase now they say later must increase more.....😂😂😂😂....same excuse....eh...soli...soli.....should be reasoning! I apologised liao hor......
Together We stand Alone

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:05 PM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I rather they install thermal solar water pipes and give free hot water to the whole block
But of course, this can only be done for new flats
Being in insulated piping and insulated tanks is really really tough
Newbie26 and BanCoe praised this

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:09 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I rather they install thermal solar water pipes and give free hot water to the whole block
But of course, this can only be done for new flats
Being in insulated piping and insulated tanks is really really tough

This one I think also wait long long..

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:16 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This one I think also wait long long..

Can.

Increase GST by another 2% lo.

Angcheek praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 11 March 2018 - 04:23 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Can.
Increase GST by another 2% lo.

I think also wont happen..

Posted 12 March 2018 - 06:45 AM

Victor68
  • Premium member
    Victor68
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

this is just government way of generating works to boast economy and meeting climate change pledge using public fund lah.

they should use them to provide more shades for our hot weather but it is a costly shade lah.

i would like to know how much government fundings were spsnt on these and who owns these company. at least we know why money always not enough

Ash2017 praised this

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:08 AM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

The return of investment is slow. My neighbour installs solar panel and sell back to grid, he gets back about $100+ per month. Based on his investment, he needs more than 15 years to get back his money, letting alone repair and maintenance over the next 15 years.
BanCoe praised this

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:18 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

The return of investment is slow. My neighbour installs solar panel and sell back to grid, he gets back about $100+ per month. Based on his investment, he needs more than 15 years to get back his money, letting alone repair and maintenance over the next 15 years.

Your Neighbour is not about $$$,he is those who love the Enviroment,hmm let me guess,is he driving a Hybrid or Electric Car.?

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 07:56 AM

Mustank
  • Mustank
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Your Neighbour is not about $$$,he is those who love the Enviroment,hmm let me guess,is he driving a Hybrid or Electric Car.?

Maybe is dooms day prepper people [sly]

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:10 AM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I install my own solar panel with lights for my fish tank. $50 for the whole thing. Lights power on from 3 to 8 hrs depends on how sunny the day is.

20180305_222632.jpg

20180305_222647.jpg

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:14 AM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

How much he plowed in for the solar panel? Sell back to powergrid $100, own consumption save on $150 (minimum), if use electric/hybrid vehicle save another $150 on petrol....$400 saving a month good wor! I also know of 1.....private property....came out newspaper. Think he put in $25k.....he rich fella, father-in-law property developer.....very nice guy....he wants to save the environment.
Together We stand Alone

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:24 AM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

you need to bypass your house electric meter. don't get yourself killed in the process.

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:28 AM

Watwheels
  • Premium member
    Watwheels
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You need to look at a bigger picture, not just look at solar panels.

With something of this scale you require installation. Control unit to charge the batteries. This is vital as you do not want to over-charge your batteries. These are fast charge and discharge batteries, no cheap. Power converter to convert 12V to 240V. Wiring installation.

You just have to imagine doing a small scale project just to charge your phone or any mobile device. Amazon has such kits but battery you will have to get locally. It's by no means cheap even for a small scale project.

Edited by Watwheels, 12 March 2018 - 08:29 AM.

Too much to think about...

Posted 12 March 2018 - 08:31 AM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

you need to bypass your house electric meter. don't get yourself killed in the process.

think you have english literacy problem......since when i said i want to tap to those solar panels? I said its the neighbourhood.....set up by town council for electrical supply to the park and blocks lightings....
Ash2017 praised this
Together We stand Alone

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:03 AM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

what is this compares to our 800k rubbish bin

Posted 12 March 2018 - 09:21 AM

Fuelsaver
  • Premium member
    Fuelsaver
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

this is just government way of generating works to boast economy and meeting climate change pledge using public fund lah.

they should use them to provide more shades for our hot weather but it is a costly shade lah.

i would like to know how much government fundings were spsnt on these and who owns these company. at least we know why money always not enough

Actually if u look around, there r more sheltered walkways, esp those linkin to mrt. New malls also hv bridges to link to one another. But I guess that's means e weather's getting hotter besides e plan for barrier free access

Govt spending aside
nazerath praised this
FS

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: solar, pane, hdb, panels, roof

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users