• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
16 replies to this topic | 47 praises

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:17 PM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    Supercharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Coca-Cola is launching the first alcoholic drink in its history with a canned liquor product in Japan.

The drinks giant will experiment with a canned beverage called Chu-Hi, made up of distilled Japanese drink shochu, sparkling water and flavoring.

"This is unique in our history. Coca-Cola has always focused entirely on non-alcoholic beverages, and this is a modest experiment for a specific slice of our market," said Jorge Garduno, president of Coca-Cola's Japan business unit, in a post on the company's website.

Japan is a fiercely competitive market, Garduno added, with Coca-Cola launching 100 products a year in the country. "Experimentation is almost like a day-to-day ritual here. You can't fall behind the rapid product cycle in Japan," he said.

The company's sodas only made up about 25 percent of product sales by volume in Japan in 2016, while tea made up 27 percent of Japan's overall beverage consumption in the same year.

Coca-Cola also owns Georgia Coffee in Japan, which it claims is the world's highest-grossing canned coffee drink, making more than $1 billion in annual sales. The country has a Food for Specified Health Uses (FOSHU) government certification, in light of its ageing population and fiber-fortified drink Coca-Cola Plus was FOSHU-approved in 2017.

Having certain drinks at particular times of day is more of an entrenched ritual in Japan than in other part of the world, said Khalil Younes, EVP of marketing and new businesses for Coca-Cola Japan, in a blog post. People might drink green tea with sushi, but opt for oolong tea with fattier Chinese food, for example.

Because of the nature of the Japanese drinks market, it's unlikely Chu-Hi drinks will launch in other countries, Garduno said. "While many markets are becoming more like Japan, I think the culture here is still very unique and special, so many products that are born here will stay here."

<iframe src="https://player.cnbc....81&size=530_298" width="530" height="298" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true" bgcolor="#131313"></iframe><p><a href="https://www.cnbc.com/video/2018/03/07/coca-cola-announces-its-first-ever-alcoholic-drink.html?__source=cnbcembedplayer">Coca-Cola announces its first-ever alcoholic drink</a> from <a href="//www.cnbc.com/?__source=cnbcembedplayer">CNBC</a>.</p>

https://www.cnbc.com...olic-drink.html

Edited by Lmws214, 13 March 2018 - 06:18 PM.

Beregond, Tianmo and Dleodleo praised this
Cheers,

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:38 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I wonder if one day they will introduce a Coca-Cola milk or not. 😂
Discoburg praised this
Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:40 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Coca cola has many brands under them. 

For sure they already have milk

Discoburg praised this
That is all.

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:41 PM

Tianmo
  • Premium member
    Tianmo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I wonder if one day they will introduce a Coca-Cola milk or not. 😂

Mayb a drink for piak piak. [:p] [laugh] [laugh]
Discoburg praised this
芸芸人海,罪孽深重,神佛不渡,唯我魔渡

with the spirit of the MCF tiko club..............We are................ TIKO RANGERS!!!

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:43 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Coca cola has many brands under them.

For sure they already have milk

I mean Coca-Cola flavored milk, or milk flavored Coca-Cola. 😂

Posted 13 March 2018 - 06:55 PM

Lmws214
  • Premium member
    Lmws214
    Supercharged
    Author Image

maybe they can even diversify to Coke shampoo? never know

Cheers,

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:06 PM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Coke have no smell, just taste.

maybe they can even diversify to Coke shampoo? never know

Posted 13 March 2018 - 07:27 PM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Coca Cola alot of Sugar...very bad for Health.

Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:07 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Coca Cola alot of Sugar...very bad for Health.

That's why got Diet Coke and Zero Coke.

Posted 14 March 2018 - 12:56 AM

Atonchia
  • Atonchia
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Where have they been all these years???

I have tried Bourbon Coke since I reached legal drinking age.... well before the smart phone age.

Edited by Atonchia, 14 March 2018 - 12:56 AM.

Be not afraid of moving slowly. Be afraid only of standing still.

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:20 AM

ER-3682
  • Premium member
    ER-3682
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

That's why got Diet Coke and Zero Coke.

Also another form of Chemical [furious] to make it sweet...not healthy. [bigcry]

Tohto and Buadongdong praised this
Mazda 6..2.5.

Posted 14 March 2018 - 07:35 AM

mersaylee
  • mersaylee
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

This is a car forum...why no mentioning of possible Coca Cola 🏎 EO?

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:46 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This is a car forum...why no mentioning of possible Coca Cola 🏎 EO?

Coke fuel  [thumbsup]

Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 14 March 2018 - 09:49 AM

Dleodleo
  • Premium member
    Dleodleo
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I mean Coca-Cola flavored milk, or milk flavored Coca-Cola. 😂

I think may have in future.  Many people are putting vanila ice cream in coke like A&W float which I find disgusting.  [laugh] Perhaps Coca-cola ice cream.  

I dun really like coke as they are very sweet and full of chemical but I would definitely try if there's coke alcoholic drink.

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:01 AM

kdash
  • Premium member
    kdash
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think may have in future.  Many people are putting vanila ice cream in coke like A&W float which I find disgusting[laugh] Perhaps Coca-cola ice cream.  

I dun really like coke as they are very sweet and full of chemical but I would definitely try if there's coke alcoholic drink.

:TT_TT:  why isit disgusting... 

Dleodleo praised this
Sienta X 2009, Sienta Hybrid X 2017
PSA: Get car cam if you still have not done so...
PSA2: Apply for vCashcard...

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:18 AM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I think may have in future. Many people are putting vanila ice cream in coke like A&W float which I find disgusting. [laugh] Perhaps Coca-cola ice cream.

Every canned, packeted food has chemical inside.
Very hard to avoid unless ownself cook ownself.
Dleodleo praised this

Posted 14 March 2018 - 10:36 AM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Coke is my best medicine for sleepy afternoon.

Dleodleo praised this

Back to Lite & EZ  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: coke, alcoholic, drink, coca-cola and 2 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users