Price of wedding tables hits new high

Aaronlkl

Putting deposit I can understand.... But monthly instalment before the wedding even happens? 

When the garment is putting in road humps to overleveraging for properties..... These newly/gonna be wed couples are putting themselves into huge unsecured debts to pufff up the face infront of their relatives and friends. 

very similar to those car PI collect money liao run road, 

car no show.

or those GYM sell package liao GYM close down.

or the obike case

this is a major loophole in singapore,

as long as private limited comsumer lppl.

really must be very careful when deal seem too good to be true.

↡ Advertisement

responding to the title of this thread - Price of wedding tables hit new high

means the angbao given by guest also must match the new high right

otherwise couples how to recoup?

My POV is that for wedding tables, please do not expect the guest to pay for one's expenses, let alone recoup .... [gossip]

No such big head, don't wear such big hat [lipsrsealed]

• Praise 4

most guests are 'automatic' la, means if they know u hosting in atas location, they will give 'market rate'

of course there are also 'non-automatic' guests who give below 'market rate'

but what to do?

couples ownself  invited them in the first place right

no choice but self-absorb losses  [bigcry]

i strongly disagree with the bold part.

that it the wedding couples problem. no one asked them to hold it there. they should never never expect the guest to match.

wonder those who give below market rate, dare to write their name on the angbao?

haha  [laugh]

My POV is that for wedding tables, please do not expect the guest to pay for one's expenses, let alone recoup .... [gossip]

most guests are 'automatic' la, means if they know u hosting in atas location, they will give 'market rate'

but what to do?

couples ownself  invited them in the first place right

no choice but self-absorb losses  [bigcry]

wonder those who give below market rate, dare to write their name on the angbao?

haha  [laugh]

i confirm write.  this type of thing i not paisei 1 . 

u want invite me,

u prepare to pay.

my red package is to give u wellwish.

not for u to pay for my own makan at your wedding [;)]

• Praise 5

wah.... u win u win

haha

[laugh]

i confirm write.  this type of thing i not paisei 1 . 

u want invite me,

u prepare to pay.

my red package is to give u wellwish.

not for u to pay for my own makan at your wedding [;)]

This strawberry generation all want face..

Most importantly, they need to ensure that the marriage will lasts...

Skali got 2nd wedding again... I kanna from my frd before..

Anyway, they happy can liao

• Praise 9

2nd wedding means FOC loh......  :D

Just like HDB first timer grant...  Ah Gong where got give 2nd grant when u remarry and apply HDB again one?  :D

This strawberry generation all want face..
Most importantly, they need to ensure that the marriage will lasts...
Skali got 2nd wedding again... I kanna from my frd before..
Anyway, they happy can liao

• Praise 2

Supersonic

Agreed la but still quite a bit paiseh to give too low amount lo. Imagine your friend's wedding is at capella hotel, and you really dare to give angbao $100 or less? And you still have the face to write your big name on the angbao?  [laugh]

i give standard $150 for past 10 years liao... i don't care where you hold the wedding...

ya. i more or less the same,

i think i give even less. 

only those junior that is very close to me,

i give more.

like got 1 case shotgun very young, decide to marry, i give alot to support him.

if friends that judge u by how much angpao money u give, they are not your life time friends lol

• Praise 3

Supersonic

ya. i more or less the same,

i think i give even less. 

only those junior that is very close to me,

i give more.

like got 1 case shotgun very young, decide to marry, i give alot to support him.

if friends that judge u by how much angpao money u give, they are not your life time friends lol

If it is a close friend, dont know if they will judge by how much angbao i give, but still dont feel very nice to give less la. Even the location is not atas. However if the person who invited me not say close, i would not feel paiseh to give less or super less. Lol.

Supersonic

wedding banquet should be taken with the mentality of inviting friends and family to celebrate together with a makan. the angpaos and gifts are blessings/well wishes from the guests to the wedding couple.

to all young people planning for wedding, please do not include "potential angpao received amount" into your budget...

• Praise 4

Twincharged

wedding banquet should be taken with the mentality of inviting friends and family to celebrate together with a makan. the angpaos and gifts are blessings/well wishes from the guests to the wedding couple.

to all young people planning for wedding, please do not include "potential angpao received amount" into your budget...

hahah.. all young people want "FACE". and willing to get into debt cause of FACE. and with the excuse that only ONCE in their lifetime. so need to SPEND SPEND!

i can't even remember where the wedding album is, let alone remember when was the last time i looked at the photos. kekekeke

• Praise 3

I hear stories of how some groom buy impressive 20k branded solitaire proposal/ wedding rings, 20k overseas wedding shots, 50-60k lavish banquet, 20k honeymoon.... so that the bride will have face in front of her friends.... And all these at a few times their monthly income level.

Some after less than a year filed for divorce or annulment. 

何必呢?

Supersonic

hahah.. all young people want "FACE". and willing to get into debt cause of FACE. and with the excuse that only ONCE in their lifetime. so need to SPEND SPEND!

i can't even remember where the wedding album is, let alone remember when was the last time i looked at the photos. kekekeke

haha i took 2 years after my wedding to even collect the album from my photographer

Twincharged

I hear stories of how some groom buy impressive 20k branded solitaire proposal/ wedding rings, 20k overseas wedding shots, 50-60k lavish banquet, 20k honeymoon.... so that the bride will have face in front of her friends.... And all these at a few times their monthly income level.

Some after less than a year filed for divorce or annulment.

ä½å¿å¢ï¼

Money can buy face but cannot buy love?

Supersonic

but what to do?

couples ownself invited them in the first place right

no choice but self-absorb losses [bigcry]

haha [laugh]

How come the couple can't automatically spend within their budget as well?

haha i took 2 years after my wedding to even collect the album from my photographer ðð

engagement ring 2k, wedding bands $68 from couple lab, cheap enough? ðð

I got no engagement ring and my wedding band from couple labs cost more than 100 for a pair.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

If it is a close friend, dont know if they will judge by how much angbao i give, but still dont feel very nice to give less la. Even the location is not atas. However if the person who invited me not say close, i would not feel paiseh to give less or super less. Lol.

Not close then you go for what? Make up the numbers ah??

↡ Advertisement