Price of wedding tables hits new high

Aaronlkl

Supersonic

How come the couple can't automatically spend within their budget as well?

I got no engagement ring and my wedding band from couple labs cost more than 100 for a pair.

waa you more power than me

Supersonic

Wedding Ang Bao Rates 2018

http://www.weddingangbao.com/wedding-ang-bao-rates-2018/

I hear stories of how some groom buy impressive 20k branded solitaire proposal/ wedding rings, 20k overseas wedding shots, 50-60k lavish banquet, 20k honeymoon.... so that the bride will have face in front of her friends.... And all these at a few times their monthly income level.

Some after less than a year filed for divorce or annulment. 

何必呢?

120K buy car better. 

Can drive for 10 years.  [thumbsup]

can , of course can

couple can choose whatever they want

[laugh]

How come the couple can't automatically spend within their budget as well?
I got no engagement ring and my wedding band from couple labs cost more than 100 for a pair.

Supersonic

can , of course can

couple can choose whatever they want

[laugh]

Let me rephrase. Why can't the couple spend within their budget so they won't have to rely on others to pay for their wedding and so they won't have to complain about people giving below "market rate".

Supersonic

Let me rephrase. Why can't the couple spend within their budget so they won't have to rely on others to pay for their wedding and so they won't have to complain about people giving below "market rate".

Some couples I know actually just want a simple wedding ceremony without wedding banquet, but their parents insist having one just because of "face".

I have one colleague who face this problem for her wedding next year. I told her if her mum insist on the wedding banquet, then flip table and call off the wedding lor. Don't get married and see how long they can wait. She smiled but looked damn sian, because save the expensive wedding banquet money and her husband can change a new car already.  

Heng not married

Your partner never poke you meh? [laugh]

I hear stories of how some groom buy impressive 20k branded solitaire proposal/ wedding rings, 20k overseas wedding shots, 50-60k lavish banquet, 20k honeymoon.... so that the bride will have face in front of her friends.... And all these at a few times their monthly income level.

ä½å¿å¢ï¼

Annulment?! Lol! Faced with the staggering cost of face value until unable to consummate marriage ah?! [laugh] [laugh]

Supersonic

Some couples I know actually just want a simple wedding ceremony without wedding banquet, but their parents insist having one just because of "face".

I have one colleague who face this problem for her wedding next year. I told her if her mum insist on the wedding banquet, then flip table and call off the wedding lor. Don't get married and see how long they can wait. She smiled but looked damn sian, because save the expensive wedding banquet money and her husband can change a new car already.

Your colleague is 16 years old?

Otherwise why is an adult still letting parents dictate what they do.

Hypersonic
(edited)

wah lao so many old fashioned people here

cmon nowadays crowdfunding and sponsorships are the in thing ... live it up with somebody else paying for it

peasant storeman is young at heart and in tune with the latest happenings.....yolo!!!

Edited by Enye

This thread appearing just nice for me. Next week attending Malay wedding at Central Mall. How much to bao?

My first malay wedding. Some more not void deck type.

Supersonic

ä½å¿å¢ï¼

Blame Facebook

Going by the extravaganza, seems like many still confused between a wedding and a marriage

Blame Facebook

Going by the extravaganza, seems like many still confused between a wedding and a marriage

Facebook is just a medium... why blame it?

they dont complain la

at most they may remember those who 'lowballed' them during their wedding dinner and have a good laugh during gatherings ba?

hahaha

if my host tell me I am giving below market rate than I would tell him/her because you are marrying a below market value partner.
  • Praise 1

This thread appearing just nice for me. Next week attending Malay wedding at Central Mall. How much to bao?

My first malay wedding. Some more not void deck type.

Restaurant? Bao $100?!

Restaurant? Bao $100?!

Place looks like a banquet hall. Ya. I looking at $100. But my malay colleagues say $50 already too much. So not sure how much is market rate.

Place looks like a banquet hall. Ya. I looking at $100. But my malay colleagues say $50 already too much. So not sure how much is market rate.

Follow their advice lor. You can top up to $100 if you want though, no right or wrong.

• Praise 1

Malay wedding I though market rate $20only. that was years ago.

Edited by Kopites
↡ Advertisement