• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
34 replies to this topic | 35 praises

Posted 19 March 2018 - 02:48 PM

Midorima
  • Midorima
    3rd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi all,

Presently driving an Audi Q3. Will be renewing insurance in a few months time.

1st year was with AIG. Seems pricey but 1st year had to stick with the insurance company recommended by PA.

Anybody knows of other insurance companies which allows servicing at PA and are cheaper?

Thanks!

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:40 PM

Totak
  • Totak
    2nd Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi Midorima, 

As long any workshop plan will do... 

Fyi, Ins cos has risen theri rates for Audi all models. 

Friend used to pay 1.2K now have to pay $1.6K no claims.... 

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:55 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have a friend who has DAMN cheap insurance on his A4 !!!!! > 40yrs old, 50% NCD, non sales. 

iirc, its only $700+

"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:14 PM

Highmount
  • Highmount
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

Budget Direct offers the cheapest Insurance.

Posted 19 March 2018 - 04:30 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I have a friend who has DAMN cheap insurance on his A4 !!!!! > 40yrs old, 50% NCD, non sales. 

iirc, its only $700+

I would say that it is an okay price.

I paid less than 950 for my 2dr Mini.  50% NCD + 5% offence free discount.  Desk job.

Posted 19 March 2018 - 08:18 PM

Soya
  • Soya
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

iirc, its only $700+

Gotta see the T&Cs. Some hv high excess, ah beng workshop, dun cover flood and cannot drive to msia

Edited by Soya, 19 March 2018 - 08:19 PM.

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:30 PM

ColinHo
  • ColinHo
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Hi Midorima, 

As long any workshop plan will do... 

Fyi, Ins cos has risen theri rates for Audi all models. 

Friend used to pay 1.2K now have to pay $1.6K no claims.... 

yup. audi seems to have been penalised this year. Noticed this trend too.

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:39 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I would say that it is an okay price.

I paid less than 950 for my 2dr Mini.  50% NCD + 5% offence free discount.  Desk job.

I paid $1100 for my ex car, a Saab with same profile as yours  :mellow:

"O, devil, devil! If that the Earth could teem with woman's tears, Each drop she falls would prove a crocodile. Out of my sight!" (Act IV Scene I)

Posted 20 March 2018 - 04:44 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I paid $1100 for my ex car, a Saab with same profile as yours :mellow:

Audi > Mini > Saab
😂

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:14 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I usually get an insurance broker to check around for me.  Just got 2 weeks ago from AXA cheapest (switched from Income), sometimes online Aviva cheaper.  Just switch around for the cheapest deal.  No loyalty one....

Edited by Volvobrick, 20 March 2018 - 06:15 PM.

Posted 20 March 2018 - 06:23 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I usually get an insurance broker to check around for me. Just got 2 weeks ago from AXA cheapest (switched from Income), sometimes online Aviva cheaper. Just switch around for the cheapest deal. No loyalty one....

For online, is it like for like?

Posted 20 March 2018 - 10:45 PM

Volvobrick
  • Volvobrick
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The Aviva excess tends to be higher. I always opt for higher excess in return for lower premium anyway.

You can get a confirmed quote by inputting the various data on the website, and use that to compare with the offline ones.

Edited by Volvobrick, 20 March 2018 - 11:03 PM.

Silver_blade and Freeder praised this

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:19 PM

Rayoflight
  • Rayoflight
    6th Gear
    Author Image

my A5 3.0T with 50% NCD aged 30-35 is only $780 and its full comprehensive

Excess $600

Got a good broker to help me source

Edited by Rayoflight, 21 March 2018 - 04:19 PM.

BanCoe and Freeder praised this

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:34 PM

Totak
  • Totak
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Excess $600

Bro which ins? must share.

Posted 22 March 2018 - 12:44 AM

Rayoflight
  • Rayoflight
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Using msig, i think the price also depends on whether the broker wan to earn more less

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:14 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Excess $600

My A6 2.0T with 50% NCD aged 40-45 is $1,171.

Excess $1,500

I bought direct from MSIG. I am with them for my past cars.

Posted 22 March 2018 - 03:53 PM

Othello
  • Premium member
    Othello
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

My A6 2.0T with 50% NCD aged 40-45 is $1,171.

Excess $1,500

I bought direct from MSIG. I am with them for my past cars.

You need Rayoflight's broker NAO !!!  [laugh]

Volvobrick praised this

Posted 22 March 2018 - 04:04 PM

Lava
  • Lava
    4th Gear
    Author Image

my wife got from aig for her new clubman s at $1900 for 2 yrs plan, excess $500

50% ncd, age 40 ` 45 female

Posted 23 March 2018 - 05:11 PM

Rayoflight
  • Rayoflight
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Car Plate No:  SLLXXXXB
NCD: 50%
Any claims in 3 years: NIL

Insurer: MSIG Insurance
Plan – Comprehensive, Any workshop plan
Premium: $780.03
Excess: $750
NCD Protector:  Yes
Below 26 years old - Additional $3000 excess
Below 2 years driving - Additional $3000 excess
The above quotation is valid for 7 working days. If there are any changes to the information provided, there will be a change in the premium or excess.
Please note that insurers reserve the right to amend the premium at any point in time.
Thank you

Boh dua kang...sorry excess is $750

Capture.jpg

Edited by Rayoflight, 23 March 2018 - 05:15 PM.

Posted 23 March 2018 - 09:40 PM

Adrianli
  • Premium member
    Adrianli
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Oh, mine is Ultimate car protector scheme.

https://www.sc.com/s...-car-protector/

Back to Conti Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users