Which brand and model for Smart TV? So many until blur...

LPPL

Look for Saturday ad for promo.

I also swear by Sony. The color sibei swee.

but expensive.

I use this link as reference.

https://www.rtings.com/tv

Compare the top of the line, Sony is ~3x more ex than LG. I can live with the 2nd brand.

Btw, heard that they are using LG OLED panel. IphoneX also use LG panel.

Edited by Lotr8445r
↡ Advertisement

but expensive.

I use this link as reference.

https://www.rtings.com/tv

Compare the top of the line, Sony is ~3x more ex than LG. I can live with the 2nd brand.

Btw, heard that they are using LG OLED panel. IphoneX also use LG panel.

Look at Harvey Norman.

LG vs Sony 400 bucks diff.

This is the problem, 55" UHD LG model UJ632T selling $1629, 55" Phillips model PUT6102 selling only $998, both TVs to the naked eye I won't say the difference is huge. Phillips processing speed is 500hz while korean brands at that price is running at only 100hz with the former selling more than $600 cheaper than the korean brands. If the higher price is just paying for branding more than performance, I will rather go for cheaper and higher performance model, unless of course there is something about the reliability of Phillips I do not know, in comparison to Samsung and LG. 

Apart from price, I would consider the number of HDMI ports, connectivity to audio receiver (with ARC), power efficiency, reliability, ease of use with remote and warranty. So far, I had only purchased two Sharp and three LG TVs and I must say Sharp TV lasted slightly longer than LG.

We are into youtube and netflix quite often, the LG magic stick makes selection via. the keyboard much easier, say compared to Samsung.

Apart from that, try running a blue ray or 4K content over the TVs to compare the difference. If you're more into watching mainstream channels, Phillips could be a better choice and lighter on the pockets.

Look at Harvey Norman.

LG vs Sony 400 bucks diff.

Which model u comparing? LG OLED C7 can get at < $2.5k but a Sony A1 cost over $6k.

Even the sony 2nd grade (x900) cost $2.6k before bargin which is a grade below the LG C7.

If u can get a Sony A1 at $2.5k, pls share the lobang here

Edited by Lotr8445r

Which model u comparing? LG OLED C7 can get at < $2.5k but a Sony A1 cost over $6k.

Even the sony 2nd grade (x900) cost $2.6k before bargin which is a grade below the LG C7.

If u can get a Sony A1 at $2.5k, pls share the lobang here

Look at Tommisan link

http://www.harveynorman.com.sg/tv-blu-ray-and-home-theatre/tvs/tvs-en/?subcats=Y&features_hash=V7216&sort_by=price&sort_order=asc

LG: 1,629

Sony: 2,099

We are into youtube and netflix quite often, the LG magic stick makes selection via. the keyboard much easier, say compared to Samsung.

Do you mean on screen key board??

Or actual keyboard.

We use a USB connection and either an actual keyboard or a mouse with the onscreen keyboard.

Those are not top tier leh. The 3rd sony grade from the link already cost 2.8k.

From yr link, 2nd tier sony cost $6k. Which we can get from BD at 2.6k

Edited by Lotr8445r

Those are not top tier leh. The 3rd sony grade from the link already cost 2.8k.

From yr link, 2nd tier sony cost $6k. Which we can get from BD at 2.6k

Unker, at 1 point in time, it was top tier.

Juz like 1 point in time, you are in your 20s.

If die die must have A1, wait for it to be 3rd or 4th tier lo.

Currently, it is 8k for 55".

Edited by Davidtch

First ask yourself how much time you spend on watching tv. Set aside a budget and buy within budget. Higher performance no doubt will suck more power, unless your electricity bill is sponsored. If you are not planning to spend much time on watching tv I suggest get a cheap one will do.

Edited by Watwheels

(edited)

I never believe in overpaying for tv, what you pay $8k now will be worth $2k or less in a few years time. I remember those days when hd ready led tv costing more than 2k, now sell for 100 bucks also nobody want. Edited by LPPL

I never believe in overpaying for tv, what you pay $8k now will be worth $2k or less in a few years time. I remember those days when hd ready led tv costing more than 2k, now sell for 100 bucks also nobody want.

TV price dropped very fast. Also dont know what is the reason?! Lol. I also say no need to pay so much for a TV la.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

When you buy LED/LCD TV, please ask the salesman the screen warranty for how long......not just the TV.

For e.g, Sharp screen warranty only 1 year but TV warranty 3 years. When I bought, I thought the whole TV is 3 years, and then when the screen started to have problem after 1 year, I could not get the the screen repaired unless I pay $$$

I am not sure if Sharp still having such a policy, but becareful when you buy other brands as well.

Thesedays, I only buy TV for landlords or tenants and the best deals are in qoo10 or lazada. These vendors may have a physical shop but they normally don't have display sets for you to check.

• Praise 1

Unless you need the smart function

why buy a smart tv?

:D

I used to connect pc to tv for video streaming, smart function saves me that trouble.

Instead of smart tv.....u can also get a android box.....or get a miracast/airplay wireless receiver....to pair w a 'normal' tv

• Praise 3

I think u are confused. The reason why i compare their latest model because that is an apple to apple comparsion to answer TS query on which is best brand. Their latest model rank 1st and 2nd on TV in most review. When did i mention that i want to get them?

Some folk say one is better than the other base on gut feel or subjective preference.

E.g. IphoneX vs Samung S5 or; S9 vs Iphone 5. Sure Many can easily tell why one is cheaper or better than the other. However, for TV model, not many ppls can differentiate that w/o doing research. So for layman term, i use their current best model as benchmark

Just like when u mention one is cheaper than the other by $400. Are you comparing their same level model example Harrier Turbo vs FXT or Harrier NA vs FXT?

Edited by Lotr8445r

Do you mean on screen key board??

Or actual keyboard.

We use a USB connection and either an actual keyboard or a mouse with the onscreen keyboard.

Yes, I meant the onscreen keyboard.

↡ Advertisement