• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
61 replies to this topic | 93 praises

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:37 PM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

https://www.channeln...63084?cid=FBcna

Subway Singapore applies for halal certification; all outlets stop selling pork

subway-collage.jpg

SINGAPORE: Subway has applied for halal certification in Singapore and all of its outlets here will stop selling pork with immediate effect, the sandwich chain announced on Wednesday (Mar 21).

This is a piece of very good news for our muslim friends!! But read on Facebook many negative comments from non-muslim users. Actually I go subway also never order anything pork before and I think no difference lah! No bacon strip sandwich anymore? No loss to me.

Edited by ChaosMyth, 21 March 2018 - 03:38 PM.

1 Anonymous member praised this
The Power of Dreams!

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:40 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

lol i always thought it's halal.

Thought their meatball was beef...

Edited by Lala81, 21 March 2018 - 03:41 PM.

Angcheek and Discoburg praised this

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:42 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I only bought bottled drink from them......hahaha! That also if there are no other shops around.....mai hiu!
Together We stand Alone

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:47 PM

ChaosMyth
  • Premium member
    ChaosMyth
    5th Gear
    Author Image

they sell the chicken and bacon sandwich i think. but even then i dont order that. so many others to choose from.

The Power of Dreams!

Posted 21 March 2018 - 03:51 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

no more cold cut   [bigcry]

骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 21 March 2018 - 04:16 PM

SwirL
  • Premium member
    SwirL
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

never knew that Subway isn't Halal certified, 'cos i have seen many Muslim friends dine there. Oh well...

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:00 PM

UncleAtas
  • Premium member
    UncleAtas
    Turbocharged
    Author Image

Subway = 3 S

Sub Standard Sandwich.

Refer to signature guidelines

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:04 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

it's a biz decision.

That is all.

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:06 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

how can that be ..... they sold Ham in the past   :D

樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:12 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I always thought they sold turkey ham .. no taste one. [laugh] [laugh]

how can that be ..... they sold Ham in the past   :D

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:23 PM

Angcheek
  • Premium member
    Angcheek
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I always thought they sold turkey ham .. no taste one. [laugh] [laugh]

Is it ? Turkey ham shld be abit salty isnt it ?  I dont really eat much of Subway ..... kind of ex to me. 

IIRC , I only ate twice in my entire life hahaha

樹多總有枯枝,人多總有白痴

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:35 PM

Roadrunner2029
  • Roadrunner2029
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Boh der bee .... maybe just me.

Is it ? Turkey ham shld be abit salty isnt it ?  I dont really eat much of Subway ..... kind of ex to me. 

IIRC , I only ate twice in my entire life hahaha

Posted 21 March 2018 - 05:39 PM

Kusje
  • Kusje
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

This is a piece of very good news for our muslim friends!! But read on Facebook many negative comments from non-muslim users. Actually I go subway also never order anything pork before and I think no difference lah! No bacon strip sandwich anymore? No loss to me.

kpkb for what? it is a biz decision.

If not happy then punish them so it hurts lor.

Don't patronize them.

Kyrios praised this
That is all.

Posted 21 March 2018 - 06:50 PM

Jman888
  • Jman888

I think they will gain more customers than losing them.
骑白马的不一定是王 ,可能是唐僧;带翅膀的也不一定是天使,有时候是鸟人。

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:38 PM

Rockaphonics
  • Rockaphonics
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Their standard dropped alot after this. As a major subway fan myself, i already stopped eating there already.  

Even though their sandwiches are ex, at least they were pretty ok last time. 

Now its not even worth it, anyone tried their steak and cheese before and after knows what im talking about.

Discoburg, Fcw75 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 21 March 2018 - 07:52 PM

Eviilusion
  • Premium member
    Eviilusion
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Their standard dropped alot after this. As a major subway fan myself, i already stopped eating there already.
Even though their sandwiches are ex, at least they were pretty ok last time.
Now its not even worth it, anyone tried their steak and cheese before and after knows what im talking about.

maybe thats why they are going halal. You all stop patronising them....business affected. The only way to get new customers are opening their menu to new customers. But i think Popeye better lar.....
Together We stand Alone

Posted 21 March 2018 - 08:57 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wah sad.

No more cold cut trio.  [bigcry]

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:24 PM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Just had my parmesan oregano foot long sunway melt. Yum yum.

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:25 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Now I prefer to eat stuff'd if I need something that I can eat while working.

Posted 21 March 2018 - 09:39 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Wah sad.
No more cold cut trio. [bigcry]

Cold cut trio still have. All turkey ham.

Only the normal pork ham becum chicken ham.
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Back to Makan Corner  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: subway, halal, food, applies and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users