What is the life in a small development condo like?

golden_eagle

For example the small projects like Balmoral Gardens, which has only 40 units and mixed studio and normal condo units. 

Since such condo is so small, does the resident must go to the AGMs? Or do they have to participate in the affiars of the condo? 

I like a quiet life with no disturbances from others, like neighbours, or management offices, etc, just like my corner HDB unit, besides signing up electricity with PUB when I got the key I never had any interaction with any strangers and my only neighbor never comes home more than 10 days a year. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Dislike 1

If you have a corner hdb which have no disturbances from others, better to continue staying there. If you move to others place, cannot guaranteed will there be no disturbances from others. Anyway, even your neighbor above you also so good, no create any noise ah? Thought it is common to find neighbor above you create all sort of noises de?

(edited)

If you have a corner hdb which have no disturbances from others, better to continue staying there. If you move to others place, cannot guaranteed will there be no disturbances from others. Anyway, even your neighbor above you also so good, no create any noise ah? Thought it is common to find neighbor above you create all sort of noises de?

Yes indeed but normally tolerable. 

Got people drag carts selling yokult also but not much a problem. 

No AGM in HDB is a good thing and but never lived in a condo before. Large condo maybe 1 less owner is no issue. 

Edited by golden_eagle

No AGM in HDB is a good thing and but never lived in a condo before. Large condo maybe 1 less owner is no issue. 

You mean you encounter noise from neighbor above you, but you find it tolerable? 

Going to AGM is a choice and is not compulsory one.

But of course, if you don't go, and if there's any topic being discussed, you cannot participate/contribute. And if they go down to voting, then you give up that right. And if any decisions are made without you around, you can't change them lor...

• Praise 1

You mean you encounter noise from neighbor above you, but you find it tolerable? 

Tolerable means not excess and everybody makes noise right? 

I drill my walls at times and got no complaints neither do I complain my neighbour shout at his kids. 

Going to AGM is a choice and is not compulsory one.

But of course, if you don't go, and if there's any topic being discussed, you cannot participate/contribute. And if they go down to voting, then you give up that right. And if any decisions are made without you around, you can't change them lor...

I see. One less vote is no issue for large condos. In small condos will the AGM vote organizers come knock your doors to push their agendas like what agents do? 

then what is upgrade then? 

floor area to me is a main concern ,

and neighbour also another point, 

the last thing i want is downgrade to lousy neighbour

and lastly interior , personally i would use the money to do a super nice renovnation on my 5 room ex.

and got alot of spare change left.

and number of years left on hdb also a main point to consider.

i not saying its not an upgrade,

but 'might not be' but then this is a personal view lol.

Twincharged

My condo has less than 30 units so I guess it fits into this small development category.

- AGM is a choice but you give up your right to kpkb if choices are made against your opinion. But the management might come knock door if one deciding vote is needed and you are it.

- Most news and events are communicated through mail and SMS. Eg: pool party, digital lock code change, grounds maintenance etc. On rare events, your door will be knocked. Like if you have guests who make too much noise and kena singled out.

- My level has 3 units, pretty much don't see my neighbours. If see just smile. 10 years already and I dunno their names. My left side unit is a rental so when got angmohs they're more friendly and will attempt to small talk. I also shortcut through Level 1's balcony to get home so die die must make friend lah.

- Hard to not at least nod and smile at neighbours if regularly using facilities.

It's possible to just live under your own rock in a small condo. Just be prepared to be the gossiped-about-one if the community is very small and chatty lor.

• Praise 1

Mine has only 12 units

Pro

1. Very quiet. I seldom see my neighbors

2. I dare to let my kids go to the carpark to scoot as there are only 3 cars in the carpark.

3. No stranger ever ring my doorbell.

Cons

1. Higher maintenance

2. Limited facilities. I would have preferred a gym and a tennis court.

3. Condo mgt difficult to contact.

• Praise 1

My condo has less than 30 units so I guess it fits into this small development category.

- AGM is a choice but you give up your right to kpkb if choices are made against your opinion. But the management might come knock door if one deciding vote is needed and you are it.

- Most news and events are communicated through mail and SMS. Eg: pool party, digital lock code change, grounds maintenance etc. On rare events, your door will be knocked. Like if you have guests who make too much noise and kena singled out.

- My level has 3 units, pretty much don't see my neighbours. If see just smile. 10 years already and I dunno their names. My left side unit is a rental so when got angmohs they're more friendly and will attempt to small talk. I also shortcut through Level 1's balcony to get home so die die must make friend lah.

- Hard to not at least nod and smile at neighbours if regularly using facilities.

It's possible to just live under your own rock in a small condo. Just be prepared to be the gossiped-about-one if the community is very small and chatty lor.

I see. Thank you for the input. 

Mine has only 12 units

Pro

1. Very quiet. I seldom see my neighbors

2. I dare to let my kids go to the carpark to scoot as there are only 3 cars in the carpark.

3. No stranger ever ring my doorbell.

Cons

1. Higher maintenance

2. Limited facilities. I would have preferred a gym and a tennis court.

3. Condo mgt difficult to contact.

And thank you too. 

Twincharged

landed ðð

For me it’s hdb or landed. Condos and strata titles properties have to much crap to deal with. HDB, ah gong decides everything, so no rubbish opinions and squabbles to deal with. landed other than parking on the Main Street, you are your own boss and do what you like.
  • Praise 2