Teachers at schools and JCs to start paying for parking soon

Theoldjaffa

or a football field.. no wonder spore football so cocked up. kids got no place to kick ball during recess. kena scold by teachers..hit their car kena

That has nothing to do with football standard. It is the parents who are discouraging the kid. My fren is an example, his kid wana join soccer as CCA, he dont allow. Instead he chose chinese modern dance for him and his kid is the only boy in the group of girls. [laugh]

Dont know its a good thing or bad thing. :XD:

↡ Advertisement

Knowing singaporeans mentality and logic.

If gov wants to be petty, then the teachers should too!

Yup, very good excuse for teachers to NOT work OT anymore.

Just say the parking fees very expensive, no point to work OT or come back on weekends anymore.

• Praise 3

Just say the parking fees very expensive, no point to work OT or come back on weekends anymore.

Not hourly charge leh. no difference whether OT or not. 

Supersonic

Teecher can put green rubbish bin on the skool parking lot and claim exclusive use of the lot

If landed owners can do that on public roads n LTA act blur, why not?

Army camp esp for those combat unit, not many cars le. NSF there all dont drive de. 

That's where you are wrong. Still got NSmen come back for ict, ippt, mob and rt. LoL...

Zhenghu: Huat ah!!!

Give us so many vouchers you think is really appreciate our "sacrifice" meh. Wait nong nong.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 2

Could be true, many teachers are driving, if the school compound have limited parking space, then how? But even now they started charging parking fee, if the school really have limited parking space, charging a fee also cannot solve the problem.

government very smart, they can device other schemes.  just to list a few, monthly open bidding  of parking lots. raise parking fees further ,arrange with town council to allocate  season parking at nearby MSCP for teacher. 

Lai Liao

https://www.todayonline.com/singapore/teachers-schools-and-jcs-pay-parking-soon

I wonder why the govt has to take away this privilege for their own staff.

Schools are not public carparks where the general public can park.. like MOE HQ.

Why charge then?

This action was taken due to auditor general report

http://www.asiaone.com/singapore/moe-asks-patience-review-free-parking

"An Auditor-General's Office report had in the same year faulted some educational institutions for allowing their staff to park for free, or at fees below the market rate."

And how is this market rate?  [scholar]

That has nothing to do with football standard. It is the parents who are discouraging the kid. My fren is an example, his kid wana join soccer as CCA, he dont allow. Instead he chose chinese modern dance for him and his kid is the only boy in the group of girls. [laugh]

pardon my ignorance, whats chinese modern dance huh..

i think your friend wants his kid to live his dream :XD:

That's where you are wrong. Still got NSmen come back for ict, ippt, mob and rt. LoL...

Zhenghu: Huat ah!!!

Give us so many vouchers you think is really appreciate our "sacrifice" meh. Wait nong nong.

I am referring to those active combat unit for NSF de, not those training centre for reservist la. But for camp for ICT, RT and IPPT purpose, think they might start charging parking fee if you drive to park there. Lol.

School parking fee is same like our HDB season parking de, no matter you park there whole day or 1 hour, you have already paid for it.

Shiok wat can rubba rubba

"An Auditor-General's Office report had in the same year faulted some educational institutions for allowing their staff to park for free, or at fees below the market rate."

And how is this market rate?  [scholar]

$60 is lower than market liao, even for day time parking.

Teachers pay so good, every year got 2-3 months bonus, no problem.

Shiok wat can rubba rubba

I think his friend more interested in ruba ruba with the dance teacher. His son is just an excuse for him to be there.  [laugh] 

Very soon teachers may have to pay more for eating in their school canteen because the food sold there is below market rate compared to what other civil servants are paying for at hawker centres.

#similansailogic

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Some Principals hv a reserved covered lot. Surely cannot be same rate as the teachers rite?

↡ Advertisement