Teachers at schools and JCs to start paying for parking soon

Theoldjaffa

Twincharged

p dont know......this are middle managements i am talking about......but actually can claim if on official duty.....but the sum can be less than $10. Want to claim oso i paisey

claim back la. cannot give this govt an inch, they will take a kilometer one.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

My family is poor, no car back then and i have to go to school myself from pri to sec school. 

Yeah me too..all the chiobus in my JC see me no up... [bigcry]

they prefer the guys from SJI, Catholic High, RI, ACS etc..all got nice beemers come fetch them.. [:p]

Edited by Kyrios
  • Praise 1

remember now cross the road must raise up your hand while crossing..

last time kids dont really wan parents to pick cos can go play but now kids wan parents to pick cos lazy

last time i sec 2 i dont even walk with my parents.....not cool and very paiseh when friends see......

Twincharged

This reminds me of these 2 parents at my son's school. Always driving Maserati and Porsche and they'll rev their engines even inside the carpark. Show off ok. But they are also a danger to the other students by accelerating hard inside the carpark.

this type of people no use to fine them. must take video and then shame them.

• Praise 1

Cars so expensive..may as well fully utilise them..

besides school bus operators also charging sky high...so...your guess is as good as mine

Not only cars so expensive now, but now many parents are rich to own a car, so kids are good life now.

claim back la. cannot give this govt an inch, they will take a kilometer one.

ya...i should but now i prefer to refuse........my insurance doesnt cover if i use my car for official duties. Its for personal use oni......so far touchwood nothing happen.

What I saw is that many parents don't want to take the responsibility of teaching their own kids. It is easier to pick up or drop off, than to spend some time training them how to take public transport. It may take a few weeks or a few months depending on how fast the child learn about his/her environment. The parents got to at least take public transport with the kids for a few times. Those who drive simply can't be bothered.

last time we were the ones who researched how to take public transport to our sec sch, and got to teach our parents one le...

times are different...

Route of course ownself research lah. But you never even take one time public transport with your parents before ? Very lucky lor.

for me it was only the 1st time going to sec sch... the rest was on my own... Pri sch was within walking distance so no need take bus...

as for kids nowadays... different times...

btw i not trying to compete with you bro... just saying that things are different now...

Edited by kdash

for me it was only the 1st time going to sec sch... the rest was on my own... Pri sch was within walking distance so no need take bus...

as for kids nowadays... different times...

btw i not trying to compete with you bro... just saying that things are different now...

I also primary school take bus to school myself, and even found many other routes myself along the way which can go to school and home, it was so fun to explore around. Cause last time used bus card, no need to pay money and so can hop onto this bus and to another bus for fun. Lol.

Edited by 13177
  • Praise 1

I also primary school take bus to school myself, and even found many other routes myself along the way which can go to school and home, it was so fun to explore around. Cause last time used bus card, no need to pay money and so can hop onto this bus and to another bus for fun. Lol.

ya man, bus pass very shiok, can explore around
  • Praise 1

Detour to play somewhere is also parts and parcel of growing up. You learn a lot of things. For kids these days, they will learn that they have limited money to spend when parents are not around. People outside won't give you things for free. There are people who will cheat your money. Things that can't be learnt at home or at school.

the parents go fetch them not to prevent them from detour to play, more like taking them to one tuition to another after school.

• Praise 1

the parents go fetch them not to prevent them from detour to play, more like taking them to one tuition to another after school.

thats true... nowadays parents plan the kids tuition and activities schedule and make sure the kids follow closely...

Too many tuition and activities schedule for kids now, unlike last time we dont have such schedule. No tuition, no swimming class, no enrichment class, no music class etc.

Too many tuition and activities schedule for kids now, unlike last time we dont have such schedule. No tuition, no swimming class, no enrichment class, no music class etc.

but we learnt more things about life..........nowadays the kids only learnt from the books and internet and that is not real life. Thats why Singaporean are easily conned.....

but we learnt more things about life..........nowadays the kids only learnt from the books and internet and that is not real life. Thats why Singaporean are easily conned.....

The internet itself has it good and bad as well. Information provided may not be correct. Love and financial scams also must be careful. Nowadays is not as "pure " as last time

The internet itself has it good and bad as well. Information provided may not be correct. Love and financial scams also must be careful. Nowadays is not as "pure " as last time

ya.....last time i was also 'pure'.....

Turbocharged

Wasn't this matter discussed long ago but only wait until now to implement? Maybe they anticipate some unhappiness so try to nego or postpone the matter until now LL no choice. Maybe the test balloons air all ran out already!!

The previous Education minister must be feeling very 'heng' that he did not have to implement this unpopular move when he was in charge of the Education portfolio.

The action was left hanging until the new bird take over ... [laugh] suay suay have to do this distasteful duty.

↡ Advertisement