• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
28 replies to this topic | 50 praises

Posted 28 March 2018 - 08:20 PM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Anyone have any good recommendations? Seems like i seldom use the wipers but yet have to apply the windscreen coating every 3-4 months.

Posted 29 March 2018 - 02:53 PM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Came to ceramic works to have my windscreen coating removed and re-coated. Glad that the coating is sprayed on type and not apply and spread to coat.

Thanks C6931230-8263-42D4-9DE1-2DDDB6B6DB09.jpeg
Buadongdong praised this

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:37 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Came to ceramic works to have my windscreen coating removed and re-coated. Glad that the coating is sprayed on type and not apply and spread to coat.

Thanks attachicon.gifC6931230-8263-42D4-9DE1-2DDDB6B6DB09.jpeg

I usually DIY my windscreen coating. Every 3-4 months too. Doesn't take a lot of effort. Just apply and wipe off with a clean cloth.

Discoburg praised this

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:38 AM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I usually DIY my windscreen coating. Every 3-4 months too. Doesn't take a lot of effort. Just apply and wipe off with a clean cloth.

Good morning bro. I also used to DIY. However I have to do so every Saturday. What product do you use?

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:55 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I'm using xpert 60 Liquid Shield. I tried several products for windscreen coating and came to a conclusion that this liquid shield last me the longest. In fact, a reputable brand S***x lasted about half the duration compared to this liquid shield.

xpert-60_liquid_shield_500ml_trigger.jpg

Edited by Buadongdong, 02 April 2018 - 09:57 AM.

Carbon82 and therock praised this

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:57 AM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Buy from Stamford tyres?

I'm using xpert 60 Liquid Shield. I tried several products for windscreen coating and came to a conclusion that this liquid shield last me the longest.
attachicon.gifxpert-60_liquid_shield_500ml_trigger.jpg

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:03 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Buy from Stamford tyres?

Nope.. Buy online from this website. The rest of their products are quite crappy. Only this liquid shield can be used for glass. My grp of friends and I whom tried out several body coating products, find their body protection products one of the lousiest.

Mods: Hope I'm not infringing any advertisement rights. If I am, kindly remove this post.

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:12 AM

RogerNg_185295
  • Premium member
    RogerNg_185295
    6th Gear
    Author Image

I'm using xpert 60 Liquid Shield. I tried several products for windscreen coating and came to a conclusion that this liquid shield last me the longest. In fact, a reputable brand S***x lasted about half the duration compared to this liquid shield.
xpert-60_liquid_shield_500ml_trigger.jpg

Thought this is more for paintwork rather than glass?

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:23 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Thought this is more for paintwork rather than glass?

I thought so too.. I did try it on paintwork and it is a pretty crappy product. In their video demo, it can also be used on glass, so I tried it on glass. To my surprise, it lasted me longest compared to other reputable brands. Comparison is done by coating the driver side of the windscreen with 2 different products and see how long each will last. The winner of the comparison will then be subjected to a "challenger" product and this goes on with another 4 products.

Edited by Buadongdong, 02 April 2018 - 10:24 AM.

Posted 02 April 2018 - 10:56 AM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For sit cause super to judder?

I thought so too.. I did try it on paintwork and it is a pretty crappy product. In their video demo, it can also be used on glass, so I tried it on glass. To my surprise, it lasted me longest compared to other reputable brands. Comparison is done by coating the driver side of the windscreen with 2 different products and see how long each will last. The winner of the comparison will then be subjected to a "challenger" product and this goes on with another 4 products.

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:05 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

For sit cause super to judder?

Yah.. See which judder first and which layer deteriorates first and have those oily films formed first. It is compared only at the driver side because the driver side will have the same wiper blade throughout the usage. So the wiper conditions are as close as they can be, to make a comparison

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:09 AM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Yah.. See which judder first and which layer deteriorates first and have those oily films formed first. It is compared only at the driver side because the driver side will have the same wiper blade throughout the usage. So the wiper conditions are as close as they can be, to make a comparison

Sorry I had a typo. I mean does it cause the wiper to judder?

Posted 02 April 2018 - 11:10 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Sorry I had a typo. I mean does it cause the wiper to judder?

So far no. The oily film will always appear first and I know its time for a re-coat.

Posted 02 April 2018 - 08:54 PM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Do you happen to have the link to this website that you are talking about?

Nope.. Buy online from this website. The rest of their products are quite crappy. Only this liquid shield can be used for glass. My grp of friends and I whom tried out several body coating products, find their body protection products one of the lousiest.

Mods: Hope I'm not infringing any advertisement rights. If I am, kindly remove this post.

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:01 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Do you happen to have the link to this website that you are talking about?

Pm-ed you..

Posted 02 April 2018 - 09:17 PM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

[thumbsup]

Pm-ed you..

Posted 03 April 2018 - 12:30 AM

lavender27
  • lavender27
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

First time see coat the glass by spraying. wont the rest of the body/wiper kena the coating? nv cover?  gave up on all this windscreen coating everytime i see wiper jutter my heart jutter too  [laugh]  feel irritated . i rather wipe weekly myself.

Thanks attachicon.gifC6931230-8263-42D4-9DE1-2DDDB6B6DB09.jpeg

Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:09 AM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Other parts Kena is ok cause it’s casically coating. The spraying part is for an even coat on the windscreen.

I just hate it when some part of the coating is gone and can see marks of the wiper on the screen.

First time see coat the glass by spraying. wont the rest of the body/wiper kena the coating? nv cover? gave up on all this windscreen coating everytime i see wiper jutter my heart jutter too [laugh] feel irritated . i rather wipe weekly myself.

Posted 03 April 2018 - 07:55 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Good morning bro. I also used to DIY. However I have to do so every Saturday. What product do you use?

how do you remove old coating if you do ?

Posted 03 April 2018 - 08:39 AM

Discoburg
  • Premium member
    Discoburg
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

how do you remove old coating if you do ?

Coat over

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

ACE GT Pte Ltd

ACE GT Pte Ltd  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Woof  |  2nd Gear

Great protection!! Lasted for years. Very friendly staff too!!
Good car wash too!

Divine Splash Spray Painting

Divine Splash Spray Painting  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by ARSAutomotiveRecovery  |  Neutral Newbie

Send my van to them for touching up.L, result of the paint work is good, and is 1 of the cheap paint workshop in Singapore.

Related Motor Directory search on sgCarMart.com : Paint Protection

Quick Reply

Tags: windscreen, coating, glass and 1 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users