2019 Toyota RAV4

DACH

Supercharged

Haha, yes.

I booked the one with upgrade of HU!!!

But sad thing was, SE told me that it won't be ready even when I collect my new ride in June and will have to go back to get it changed.

Sianz.

When will it be available? They showed you any samples?
↡ Advertisement

Hi, let me know if you managed to find the strut bars for the 2019 RAV4. So far searched online but none exists yet. As for all the other items listed, those are quite easily available as options from aftermarket sources.

Have you installed the BBK?

Not sure if the stock tyre/rims suitable or do we have to change tyre/rims...

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie

Collecting car this week. Looking for recommendations for HU upgrade and reverse/360 cam.

Anyone done this?

Thanks! 

• Praise 1

saw this on the roads recently, the car looks more robust and seems to be build like a tank as compared to harrier. 

reminds me of transformers along the chr design path. Chr is probably rounder while Rav4 has the more rugged feel similar to a suzuki s-cross (CHR) vs vitara (Rav4). 

Have you installed the BBK?

Not sure if the stock tyre/rims suitable or do we have to change tyre/rims...

Anything stock is more than "suitable".  It's really a question as to whether you want to go that extra step further to zhng your ride and spend the extra $$.

From my standpoint, I don't see much point in upgrading brakes for a Rav4.  Firstly the car is a down-tuned Rav4 (compared to international versions).  It's never going to be a BMW M5, Porsche 911 or GTR.  So you're likely not going to track the car, and I doubt you'll be late braking into corners like a sports car to require extra stopping power.   

I guess you could argue it's for safety, but the stock systems are completely up to spec for everyday driving.  But if safety is your top priority, you're better off investing in top-end tyres.  BBK isn't going to help when you're aquaplaning across water.  Good tyres "might" prevent aquaplaning with better water clearance.

BBK and Strutbar for SG Rav4's seems odd.

• Praise 4

Yeah. Good tyres can Liao.

Road safety and braking distance most important is

A) the human brain behind the wheel

B) tyres

C) maintenance regarding suspension specifically the shock absorbers in an older car to maintain contact with the ground

Every other aspect is less important even in a stock vehicle. After all the general safety specs of the car is already independently tested by iihs etc.

• Praise 1

Agree. Remember not to scrimp on brakes, tyres, shocks apart from regular maintenance.

Anything stock is more than "suitable". It's really a question as to whether you want to go that extra step further to zhng your ride and spend the extra $$.

From my standpoint, I don't see much point in upgrading brakes for a Rav4. Firstly the car is a down-tuned Rav4 (compared to international versions). It's never going to be a BMW M5, Porsche 911 or GTR. So you're likely not going to track the car, and I doubt you'll be late braking into corners like a sports car to require extra stopping power.

I guess you could argue it's for safety, but the stock systems are completely up to spec for everyday driving. But if safety is your top priority, you're better off investing in top-end tyres. BBK isn't going to help when you're aquaplaning across water. Good tyres "might" prevent aquaplaning with better water clearance.

BBK and Strutbar for SG Rav4's seems odd.

Excuse to zhng in the name of safety ;)
  • Praise 1

I changed my hu to android version. So can have Google maps etc. About 950. Then I added on 4 cameras to see front, rear and the 2 sides which is about 399. Not 360 birds eye system but cameras that can show me the view when activated by voice or toogle. Rear camera works as per normal reverse camera.

Anybody has lobang for Rav4 car mats?

• Praise 1

I changed my hu to android version. So can have Google maps etc. About 950. Then I added on 4 cameras to see front, rear and the 2 sides which is about 399. Not 360 birds eye system but cameras that can show me the view when activated by voice or toogle. Rear camera works as per normal reverse camera.

Anybody has lobang for Rav4 car mats?

What is the model of the hu? Does it has apple carplay version? 

Not 360 bird eye system, how does it look like on the screen? Can post some pics.

I am using this Trapo car mats on my current car, find it quite good. At least won't slip around.

Agree. Remember not to scrimp on brakes, tyres, shocks apart from regular maintenance.

Excuse to zhng in the name of safety ;)

Hahaha,  yes in a way.

My concern is at slope, coz it's electric brake. 

What is the model of the hu? Does it has apple carplay version? 

Not 360 bird eye system, how does it look like on the screen? Can post some pics.

I am using this Trapo car mats on my current car, find it quite good. At least won't slip around.

keen to know too. 

Any one managed to find the magnetic sun shade and rain visor for the RAV4? 

And which in car dash cam are you all using?

Am looking at either "THINKWARE F800 PRO" or "BLACKVUE DR900S".... 

• Praise 1

Spotted one in my favourite colour

Looks good in the flesh, but the tyres are too skinny relative to the size of the body, the brake lights are smallish when the lights real estate is so much, and the exhaust tips look out of proportion. An integrated rectangular outlet with the diffuser will look better.

post-1798-0-77701300-1555494659_thumb.jpeg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2