2019 Toyota RAV4

DACH

Neutral Newbie

Clarion 9" with apple and android Auto is what BN is offering. No other details are available.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

Clarion 9" with apple and android Auto is what BN is offering. No other details are available.

My impression is that the Clarion 9" only supports Apple CarPlay but not Android Auto.

• Praise 2

SE told me it does come with Apple CarPlay and android auto but the licensing is only approved in June. So those who had their cars delivered before that will get a free software upgrade when available is June.

Supercharged

SE told me it does come with Apple CarPlay and android auto but the licensing is only approved in June. So those who had their cars delivered before that will get a free software upgrade when available is June.

Ah I see .. thanks!

• Praise 1

any idea when will the hybrid version hit our shores?

Based on what Borneo Motor has claimed, never. The only hybrids they are brining in are the Prius range. That said, there are already so many other PI range of Toyota models which are hybrid. I am nor surprised that a PI may eventually bring in the RAV4 hybrid
  • Praise 3

Based on what Borneo Motor has claimed, never. The only hybrids they are brining in are the Prius range. That said, there are already so many other PI range of Toyota models which are hybrid. I am nor surprised that a PI may eventually bring in the RAV4 hybrid

Edited by dannychoy84
  • Praise 4

BM is like an old man living in yesteryear glory... not daring to get something new and exciting.

No wonder Toyota in Singapore failed to gain younger buyers.

i see most CHR owners are relatively young. Or did they buy from PI?

• Praise 1

BM is like an old man living in yesteryear glory... not daring to get something new and exciting.

No wonder Toyota in Singapore failed to gain younger buyers.

If toyota can maintain their business profit, whether they can gain young or old buyers, maybe they would not bother much?! Lol.

• Praise 1

EU cars reliability still cannot beat Toyota in Singapore's climate. For that reason old and wise poor uncle like me will go back to this proven trusted brand. Used to own EU brand and it gave me hell lots of problem. 

• Praise 2

If toyota can maintain their business profit, whether they can gain young or old buyers, maybe they would not bother much?! Lol.

Ya true. They do need to change anything. Singapore is too small for Toyota to be interested to change AD also.

The day will come Toyota dominated by PI in Singapore.

• Dislike 1

Ya, you got it. BM after seeing a bit hit by PI, only started bring in CHR. 

just like harrier right, though BM brought in the harrier turbo 1st

they were stuck with the barely seen and expensive rav 4 (prev gen)

EU cars reliability still cannot beat Toyota in Singapore's climate. For that reason old and wise poor uncle like me will go back to this proven trusted brand. Used to own EU brand and it gave me hell lots of problem. 

Contis are rich man toys (like mistress).  Just enjoy it and dump it after 1 year or so and get a new one.

Toyota is long term partner (like wife).

Just adjust your expectation and you will enjoy either one. [;)]

• Praise 1

Why do ppl always compare ADs with PIs?

Is it an apple to apple comparison?

To me it's a big no.

It's obvious. Whatever models ADs bring in they give full support be it parts and the cars' servicing know how and even for recalls. PIs just fxxk care after you collect the car.They dont have to store parts or train mechanics. Of course they can bring in any brand and make they wish. Those who buy from them suffer only mah. The PIs continue to make money. Plus their business is small. They can "adapt" and change company name. If ADs do business like them we car buyers will be doomed.

I can understand why ADs are selective when it comes to bringing in the right car model to sell. They also have to invest resources to store parts to give support to their customers unlike PIs.

ADs are committed and they want regular business, car buyers to go back to them while PI just fxxk care you cos you want it cheap. If you like them so much pls be my guest and continue to patronize them. It's your choice.

Whatever it is there are always strengths and weaknesses in car dealers but for PIs the only strength they have is price(to me it's also a weakness) and everything else are weaknesses. I dont see why they are so great like some ppl here put it across.

Edited by Watwheels
  • Praise 3

Why do ppl always compare ADs with PIs?

Is it an apple to apple comparison?

To me it's a big no.

It's obvious. Whatever models ADs bring in they give full support be it parts and the cars' servicing know how and even for recalls. PIs just fxxk care after you collect the car.They dont have to store parts or train mechanics. Of course they can bring in any brand and make they wish. Those who buy from them suffer only mah. The PIs continue to make money. Plus their business is small. They can "adapt" and change company name. If ADs do business like them we car buyers will be doomed.

I can understand why ADs are selective when it comes to bringing in the right car model to sell. They also have to invest resources to store parts to give support to their customers unlike PIs.

ADs are committed and they want regular business, car buyers to go back to them while PI just fxxk care you cos you want it cheap. If you like them so much pls be my guest and continue to patronize them. It's your choice.

Whatever it is there are always strengths and weaknesses in car dealers but for PIs the only strength they have is price(to me it's also a weakness) and everything else are weaknesses. I dont see why they are so great like some ppl here put it across.

some people are happy to pay a lower price and stomach the 'risk'. Of cos, there are some PIs that failed to deliver car. there are also good PI out there whose service won't be inferior to AD

My cousin got his honda accord from PI, drove for 10 years and now got harrier from PI again, been driving for 4 years. Happy customer

end of the day, we are buying cars from different sources. each source has its own merit and weakness. 

what's easier to compare? Buying harrier from PI and buying harrier from BM? or buying harrier from BM and buying x trail from tan chong? u either compare the seller or the product.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2