• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
429 replies to this topic | 1,204 praises

Posted 01 June 2019 - 12:46 PM

mail_lum
  • mail_lum
    Neutral Newbie
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Hi, it comes with platinum shine coating. Dunno if it is glass coating or not. So far, the coating holds up for abt 2 months, to-date and is effective. Just rinse with water and wipe down, car shampoo not necessary. Did Toughseal on my previous car and and comparing Borneo's platinum shine to Toughseal, I now realise that Toughseal is not impressive. I must qualify that some level of paint protection maintenance is still required, eg regular paint protection renewal at recommended intervals by the manufacturer. If your car comes with Borneo's paint protection, just use it first and save the $$$. Sharing my experience.

Thanks for sharing. Mine came with the same platinum shine coating. But I think they dun treat the windscreen and windows so it’s not repelling water as well as my previous ride, which I did a full coating including the windscreen and windows. It’s also not as shiny... so was wondering if I should add one more layer of coating or just save the $$$.
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 01 June 2019 - 11:22 PM

Ckll
  • Premium member
    Ckll
    Clutched
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Was told that the coating can be re-coated yearly for a nominal fee at their Pandan Bodycare, once a year for 4 years (since the warranty is for 5 years).

2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 02 June 2019 - 08:48 PM

GTO-1
  • GTO-1
    4th Gear
    Author Image

This car is becoming massively popular. I suppose it's a Toyota and a Crossover in Singapore. Had a high chance of becoming a hit anyway.

My Condo already has 4 of them, including two white ones in the same block, both exactly identical and both SML4xxxx. Checked inside both and they even have the same Clarion HU. I have to wonder if it's same family!

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190602_204438.jpg

therock, Lol88, Derf8988, Kohanson and 3 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 02 June 2019 - 10:33 PM

mail_lum
  • mail_lum
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Was told that the coating can be re-coated yearly for a nominal fee at their Pandan Bodycare, once a year for 4 years (since the warranty is for 5 years).

Thanks for this info. I’ll check with my SE.
2 Anonymous members praised this

Posted 03 June 2019 - 02:27 PM

andrewyewkc
  • Premium member
    andrewyewkc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

For those who just got your rav4 from BM, did yours come with glass coating? If yes, is it good enough or need to do additional paint protection like ceramic coating?

Btw, what’s the difference between ceramic and glass coating?

You can read more about coatings here.

https://www.mycarfor...m/14-detailing/

They can call it whatever they want for marketing purpose but both do not look like glass or ceramic to me. Glass coating goes away quickly while "ceramic coating" seems to last longer. 

Posted 04 June 2019 - 12:14 PM

Toobroketobuyacar
  • Premium member
    Toobroketobuyacar
    Clutched
    Author Image

I have used both glass and ceramic coating on my previous rides. Both still gives a good shine after 2 years and people thought I sent for polishing after just a car wash. Ceramic coating seems abit ‘harder’ as I observed lesser scratches.
The one BM gave will have to see how good it is with time but for sure the beading effect is quite lousy....
For any coating to last just clean off any birdshot immediately and give the car a good rinse weekly.
andrewyewkc and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:04 PM

mail_lum
  • mail_lum
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I have used both glass and ceramic coating on my previous rides. Both still gives a good shine after 2 years and people thought I sent for polishing after just a car wash. Ceramic coating seems abit âharderâ as I observed lesser scratches.
The one BM gave will have to see how good it is with time but for sure the beading effect is quite lousy....
For any coating to last just clean off any birdshot immediately and give the car a good rinse weekly.

Yes, I find the beading effect quite lousy too. Hence I wonder how effective is the coating’s protection. It’s also not as Shiny as my previous ride which i did paint protection with Blacknano.

Posted 05 June 2019 - 07:31 PM

Toobroketobuyacar
  • Premium member
    Toobroketobuyacar
    Clutched
    Author Image

So far I only use water to wash, no soap so shampoo. Dirt comes off fairly easy from the smooth coating. But like u mention I’m quite skeptical about the coating, wonder how long it will last. Mine is a white RAV4 and I observed usually the lighter tone coloured cars won’t give a shine like those darker cars.

Posted 09 June 2019 - 01:20 PM

GTO-1
  • GTO-1
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Was in the area and went to check out the rav4 at Ubi.

Was playing with the switches and learned that car has heated seats and heated steering wheel.

Strip out the LCD and the rearview camera, yet keep heated seats and steering wheel. Odd decisions.

Posted 09 June 2019 - 06:55 PM

Toobroketobuyacar
  • Premium member
    Toobroketobuyacar
    Clutched
    Author Image

Yah.... I would trade those for a Blind Spot Monitor.... at least more useful than a heated steering wheel....

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Toyota RAV4

Toyota RAV4  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Mervynwm  |  3rd Gear

Reliable Car with Dated Interior.

Went to take a closer look after saw it at the recent Motor Show 2019. First impressions, nicer curvy exterior than its boxy predecessor. More sporty looks too which paired with the 18 inches wheels. Interior is kinda disappointing the... » Read More

Toyota RAV4

Toyota RAV4  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Axeman24  |  3rd Gear

Very good workhorse for daily driving

Just followed my friend to collect his RAV4 this morning. Must say the features in the new RAV4 is really good. Interior is spacious as well. What I like about the car is the drivers display panel, it allows you to set to either digital or an... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Toyota RAV4

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, rav4, suv, 2019 and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users