• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
429 replies to this topic | 1,204 praises

Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:00 PM

andrewyewkc
  • Premium member
    andrewyewkc
    5th Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Depends on how dealer is going to price it. 

The old one was priced same as the Harrier when I visited the showroom. Haha, so the new one could jolly well be priced higher and we will see very little of them on the roads despite the Harrier being "positioned higher".

richard_crl032 praised this

Posted 05 September 2018 - 03:07 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

The old one was priced same as the Harrier when I visited the showroom. Haha, so the new one could jolly well be priced higher and we will see very little of them on the roads despite the Harrier being "positioned higher".

BM should bring in the new RAV4 with smaller engines, like 1.5l or 1.8l.

The current 2.0l cannot sell, I think is the selling price and road tax for such compact SUV. 

Dream car: Lamborghini Murcielago 6.2

Posted 05 September 2018 - 04:45 PM

Cent50
  • Cent50
    1st Gear
    Author Image

The current 2.0l cannot sell, I think is the selling price and road tax for such compact SUV. 

agreed... no bang for buck. 

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 05 September 2018 - 09:31 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

RAV4 got 1.5 or 1.8 meh?

Posted 05 September 2018 - 10:26 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

RAV4 got 1.5 or 1.8 meh?

The 2nd gen RAV4 has the 1.8l engine.

And some engines are downsizing recently.

So why not?

Posted 05 September 2018 - 11:06 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

The 2nd gen RAV4 has the 1.8l engine.
And some engines are downsizing recently.
So why not?

Does Toyota Jp uses these engine or not?

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:16 AM

richard_crl032
  • Premium member
    richard_crl032
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Andrew,

Indeed and one look at the price of RAV4 when there to book the Harrier Turbo is that someone in BM should be fired ... 4WD indeed preferred but how to compare to turbo charged 350Nm and 224 bhp of the latter .. lol !

Cheers,

Richard

Posted 12 September 2018 - 10:53 AM

andrewyewkc
  • Premium member
    andrewyewkc
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Andrew,

Indeed and one look at the price of RAV4 when there to book the Harrier Turbo is that someone in BM should be fired ... 4WD indeed preferred but how to compare to turbo charged 350Nm and 224 bhp of the latter .. lol !

Cheers,

Richard

Haha, the pricing of the RAV4 is actually in line with Toyota overall pricing. The Harrier HT is "cheap" because BM wants to compete with the PI which had a long headstart with Harriers. Of course you have to be strange to choose the RAV4 over the Harrier.

Posted 12 September 2018 - 11:10 AM

richard_crl032
  • Premium member
    richard_crl032
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Haha, the pricing of the RAV4 is actually in line with Toyota overall pricing. The Harrier HT is "cheap" because BM wants to compete with the PI which had a long headstart with Harriers. Of course you have to be strange to choose the RAV4 over the Harrier.

Hi Andrew,

Indeed .... and hence never looking much into Toyotas until the Harrier Turbo.

Cheers,

Richard

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:21 PM

Heman75
  • Premium member
    Heman75
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Hi Andrew,

Indeed .... and hence never looking much into Toyotas until the Harrier Turbo.

Cheers,

Richard

I find toyota/lexus sales person very amazing. i asked why e250 no turbo engine. the lexus sales told me toyota dont believe in turbo engine. they are strong believer of NA engine because they last longer. then i asked why IS and RX now into turbo engine and harrier too. the reply is toyota then realised they made a mistake so they going back to NA for new models. i scratch my head

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:32 PM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

I usually only ask these type of question to the SEs for self entertainment...to see what kind of bull crap they can pull from their pocket of tricks. Most of the time I am well rewarded with new level of stupidity... :D

I find toyota/lexus sales person very amazing. i asked why e250 no turbo engine. the lexus sales told me toyota dont believe in turbo engine. they are strong believer of NA engine because they last longer. then i asked why IS and RX now into turbo engine and harrier too. the reply is toyota then realised they made a mistake so they going back to NA for new models. i scratch my head

Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 12 September 2018 - 12:35 PM

richard_crl032
  • Premium member
    richard_crl032
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Hi Heman,

So far, no SEs impress me on tech but must say PA for Audi quite pro ... but then they also have jockey to drive and send back test drive car and not by themselves.

I am seriously considering to have 2nd career after retirement to cater for less informed older folks who have cpf $ .. keke !

Cheers.

Richard

Edited by richard_crl032, 12 September 2018 - 12:36 PM.

therock praised this

Posted 12 September 2018 - 01:44 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

It is true that Toyota doesn't believe in turbo. The last turbo is Caldina GT.

Toyota bet on petrol hybrid technology since 1997. There is even fuel cell hybrid in Toyota Mirai.

Why Toyota goes back to turbo?

Europe.

European is addicted to low RPM high torque German cars.

Toyota hybrid doesn't sell well in Europe as compared to US of A.

Can I go interview at BM for SE position?
Heman75 praised this

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:18 PM

Heman75
  • Premium member
    Heman75
    Supercharged
    Author Image

Toyota bet on petrol hybrid technology since 1997. There is even fuel cell hybrid in Toyota Mirai.

Europe.

You sound more convincing although I don't know if you are smoking me or not but I buy the explanation unlike his .

Posted 12 September 2018 - 02:41 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

You sound more convincing although I don't know if you are smoking me or not but I buy the explanation unlike his .

What I said can be google easily.

6th gen Celica is the last turbocharged Celica. The engine is hand over to Caldina for 2 more gen.

Caldina GT stops production in 2007. In Sg, I think only got 1.8L. There were some discussion on this car in MCF.

Turbo only re-appears in Toyota stable when Lexus NX was launched.

In Europe, ppl like small turbocharged car. None of Toyota stable fit European profile.

That's why got 1.2t and 1.8t.

Prius was launched in 1997. In 1997, 7th gen Celica was launched with 1.8L NA.

It is more for the American market. Celebrity likes it.

Despite the popularity of petrol hybrid in USA, sales of hybrid car in Europe was bad.

Sales of petrol hybrid only increase in past 2 yrs in Europe in line with explosion of EV.

Edited by Davidtch, 12 September 2018 - 02:42 PM.

Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:53 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Go get the position.

Next time MCFers buy Toyota cars from you, give them 50% discount.  :a-m1212:

Posted 12 September 2018 - 05:54 PM

Davidtch
  • Premium member
    Davidtch
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Go get the position.
Next time MCFers buy Toyota cars from you, give them 50% discount. :a-m1212:

U think I carrot head ah?

Posted 12 September 2018 - 06:27 PM

DACH
  • DACH
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

U think I carrot head ah?

Valid for MCFers only, not everyone.  :grin:

richard_crl032 praised this

Posted 13 September 2018 - 08:11 AM

Vratenza
  • Premium member
    Vratenza
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Europe is just enamoured with turbo diesels (until recently). 

The japs (not only Toyota) doesn't have passenger cars turbo diesel know how or willing to go into that market. 

Turbo petrol is a way to beat ever tightening emission control. 

Europe.

Circles Life Referral Code: HTWWD

Posted 13 September 2018 - 09:23 AM

ALANKHOO
  • ALANKHOO
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Is BM unveiling new model today? Based on their FB page, seems like something is going on at 3pm.

1 Anonymous member praised this

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Toyota RAV4

Toyota RAV4  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by mrkkhk  |  Neutral Newbie

Plastic car

Engine feels like engine of a toyota coaster,ridiculous Nvh is really bad Price of 160k can let you buy much better cars for a lot less, like the forester xt, producing 241hp , unlike this car.the suspension makes u feel that u are sitting... » Read More

Toyota Rav4

Toyota Rav4  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Saroja117  |  2nd Gear

I almost slept once i sat in the car.

Very comfortable seats which made me sleepy once i sat on it. The car is huge in and out. Apart from the drivers feature the car is great. Excellent Handling and reliability. Its a good car for the money you pay. The 2.4 VVT-I Engine more tha... » Read More

Related New Cars search on sgCarMart.com : Toyota RAV4

Quick Reply

Tags: toyota, rav4, suv, 2019 and 1 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Google (1)