COE renewal question

bhwee

Today I logged in to One.Motoring website to check out the COE renewal. It is good that I can see Jan 2019 and Feb 2019 PQP.

Since Feb 2019 PQP is slightly cheaper, I shall wait until 2nd tender of the Mar 2019 COE to decide whether to go for the Feb or Mar 2019 PQP.

I'm going to catch this wave before COE starts rising.

After 2nd bidding of March COE, the PQP will be meant for April 19.

You can't use it as your current COE expires in March. Even you delay renewal which will attract penalty, you can only use March PQP which will be concluded after 2nd bidding in Feb.

In a nutshell, you gotta choose PQP between Feb or March, whichever is lower. Remember PQP is always for the following month.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

After 2nd bidding of March COE, the PQP will be meant for April 19.

You can't use it as your current COE expires in March. Even you delay renewal which will attract penalty, you can only use March PQP which will be concluded after 2nd bidding in Feb.

In a nutshell, you gotta choose PQP between Feb or March, whichever is lower. Remember PQP is always for the following month.

Thanks for the gentle reminder. My COE expires in early April, thankfully.
  • Praise 1

sorry me again :( so i received my coe renewal letter. i am confused. my coe expiry is 9march2019. i am waiting for the February 2nd coe result before i renew. So assuming i choose the PQP which cover the February result, can i renew the day after the February coe result is released, i.e. still in the month of February? if so, it will consider the DEC, JAN, FEB average right, and my COE will renew on 1st MARCH?  is that how it works? OR do i have to renew in MARCH, in order for the pqp to consider the February results ah? 

• Praise 2

sorry me again :( so i received my coe renewal letter. i am confused. my coe expiry is 9march2019. i am waiting for the February 2nd coe result before i renew. So assuming i choose the PQP which cover the February result, can i renew the day after the February coe result is released, i.e. still in the month of February? if so, it will consider the DEC, JAN, FEB average right, and my COE will renew on 1st MARCH? is that how it works? OR do i have to renew in MARCH, in order for the pqp to consider the February results ah?

Read the posts la. Mentioned countless times

sorry me again :( so i received my coe renewal letter. i am confused. my coe expiry is 9march2019. i am waiting for the February 2nd coe result before i renew. So assuming i choose the PQP which cover the February result, can i renew the day after the February coe result is released, i.e. still in the month of February? if so, it will consider the DEC, JAN, FEB average right, and my COE will renew on 1st MARCH?  is that how it works? OR do i have to renew in MARCH, in order for the pqp to consider the February results ah? 

If you decide to renew in the month of February (after the 2nd Feb COE result is out and you know the march PQP is higher) then you will pay the Feb PQP. If you renew in Feb then COE will start 1st March (regardless of your current COE expiry date).

If the march PQP is lower then you need to renew in the month of march (anytime before you COE expire). The renewed COE date will start after your current COE expiry date.

Actually quite simple,

if Feb PQP<Mar PQP then renew in month of Feb.

if Feb PQP>Mar PQP then renew in month of Mar before your COE expiry date.

• Praise 1

If you decide to renew in the month of February (after the 2nd Feb COE result is out and you know the march PQP is higher) then you will pay the Feb PQP. If you renew in Feb then COE will start 1st March (regardless of your current COE expiry date).

If the march PQP is lower then you need to renew in the month of march (anytime before you COE expire). The renewed COE date will start after your current COE expiry date.

Actually quite simple,

if Feb PQP<Mar PQP then renew in month of Feb.

if Feb PQP>Mar PQP then renew in month of Mar before your COE expiry date.

hmm, Feb PQP got consider the COE price in Feb ma? 

sorry me again :( so i received my coe renewal letter. i am confused. my coe expiry is 9march2019. i am waiting for the February 2nd coe result before i renew. So assuming i choose the PQP which cover the February result, can i renew the day after the February coe result is released, i.e. still in the month of February? if so, it will consider the DEC, JAN, FEB average right, and my COE will renew on 1st MARCH? is that how it works? OR do i have to renew in MARCH, in order for the pqp to consider the February results ah?

If you want Feb PQP, renew latest by 28th Feb.

If you want March PQP, renew latest by 8th March.

Personally, I will go down at least 1-2 days before deadline.

Bring along Cashier Order and your IC to LTA, make sure u also have valid min 6 months insurance (to renew road tax).

The form u can obtain from them, fill up very fast.

Less than 5 mins

Bring along Cashier Order and your IC to LTA, make sure u also have valid min 6 months insurance (to renew road tax).

Less than 5 mins

Actually on-line is much easier although need to ensure online payment limits are revised.

Less than 5 mins

thanks~! i dun have valid 6 mth insurance ... i plan to renew COE liao then renew insurance after that ... cos don't know insurer to use..

If you want to renew your COE in Feb 2019 after the results 2nd bid of Feb are out, you will see there is an option to use the Feb PQP or Mar PQP when you do it online. If you use the Feb PQP then the new COE will be from 1st Mar 2019, if you use the Mar PQP then the new COE will be from 10 Mar 2019. Since those dates are quite close, you should wait till the 2nd bid of Feb and then make your decision. 

• Praise 2

Question. My COE expires end Apr. If I renew for 5 years but decide to scrap just 3 months later, do I get back the balance 53 months of COE? Is there still the cap for 80% rebate or does that apply for new car only?

Reason for doing so is to buy time until I get bonus in July for new car.

• Praise 1

If you want to renew your COE in Feb 2019 after the results 2nd bid of Feb are out, you will see there is an option to use the Feb PQP or Mar PQP when you do it online. If you use the Feb PQP then the new COE will be from 1st Mar 2019, if you use the Mar PQP then the new COE will be from 10 Mar 2019. Since those dates are quite close, you should wait till the 2nd bid of Feb and then make your decision. 

can I check;

Feb PQP is the average of JAN, DEC and NOV COE bidding right?

where Mar PQP is the average of FEB, JAN and DEC COE bidding.

• Praise 1

can I check;

Feb PQP is the average of JAN, DEC and NOV COE bidding right?

where Mar PQP is the average of FEB, JAN and DEC COE bidding.

Yes.

Question. My COE expires end Apr. If I renew for 5 years but decide to scrap just 3 months later, do I get back the balance 53 months of COE? Is there still the cap for 80% rebate or does that apply for new car only?

Correction, i meant 57 months

Correction, i meant 57 months

I'm not sure whether you'll get back 80% or the full COE rebate, but what you'll definitely lose is your PARF rebate when you renew, so that has to  be factored in also. If your parf rebate is for eg 8K, you'll not be able to get that back after you renew and scrap aqfter 3 months, so it's quite a big consideration.

Advice you to either scrap and use the money to finance a short term ride before buying new after July, or just extend the car and continue driving, do it up abit (rims, respray, new leather, In-car entertainment) to scratch the itch of getting a new car

• Praise 5

It will be a quite expensive action. Please take into account the forfeited PARF (a few k) into the total cost of renewing COE for 5 years then scrape it. In your case, I think the best way is to scrap your car when the current COE is expired, and then rent another car for a few months until July. Unless your PARF is very low close to zero (if your car is the OPC car and registered during years of 2008/2009), then you should do it your way.

can i ask when is the latest before expiry of current coe to renew the coe.........ie if expire 1st april 2019, can we march down to lta to do the renewal on 1st april?  or lta requires at least 1 week in advance of renewal to effect the renewal?

also the renewal quota premium is based on average of last few bids or the latest bid?  ok i think i perused the thread and found the answer.  means i can based on average of march, feb, jan 2019 coe prices.

Edited by Acemundo
↡ Advertisement