COE renewal question

bhwee

Anyone can renew on-line (on behalf of others) since only need some basic info and pay the PQP.

Quite straight forward.

Our garmen will always make paying money very easy for people so that people will continue to Pay And Pay.
↡ Advertisement

Our garmen will always make paying money very easy for people so that people will continue to Pay And Pay.

Actually for COE renewal they should make it difficult then people will not renew (scrap) and bid for new COE (potential to earn more money).

• Dislike 1

Actually for COE renewal they should make it difficult then people will not renew (scrap) and bid for new COE (potential to earn more money).

I am sure they must have been cracking their heads to figure out how to recover the opportunity lost from the  COE car. 1 is the Excise/GST tax which  is 27% of OMV, the other one ARF which is 100% of OMV and potentially more for cars that have more than 20K OMV. But then they may also think, if without importing another new car, there would be about at least 50K  saving (OMV which will go to the manufacturer and margin that will go to the AD HQ in overseas), the money saved by individual would have been spent elsewhere locally to generate the economy. In summary, 政府不笨。

Edited by Ct3833

I would say it's quite unfair for ppl who wanna renew COE to join the bidding market.

How much in advance should they start bidding, 3mths or 6mths? If bidded successfully, how about the remaining COE life?

In overall, I think it will disrupt the entire equation and maybe COE might hike because there are ppl who really loves their old cars.

Lastly,sometimes PQP costs are more than new COE, so your argument on generating more income don't really hold water.

• Praise 1

Renew coe + forgo parf rebate, govt win. Buy new car + coe, govt also win. It's a win-win for them.

Either way we go, we still lose!

Edited by Raychay

You don't have to as you can do it online from overseas. 10mins work inclusive of renewing road tax.

https://www.onemotoring.com.sg/content/onemotoring/en/lta_information_guidelines/maintain_vehicle/coe1.html

Unless you don't have a local account like DBS/POSB, then gotta trouble your friends to renew for you by providing him/her with your last 4 digit & alphabet of your NRIC then transfer money to him/her local bank.

But this type of big transaction, I'll prefer to do on my own.

if online renew COE, how about insurance, now I received insurance company to request renew insurance, but I heard normally insurance company cover range is different for COE car and normal car, how can I renew insurance now?

thanks

if online renew COE, how about insurance, now I received insurance company to request renew insurance, but I heard normally insurance company cover range is different for COE car and normal car, how can I renew insurance now?

thanks

if you decide to renew COE then source for insurance at the same time. insurance (comprehensive) about the same. 

just make sure you give yourself some time and no do everything at the last minutes.

insurance usually takes 2 to 3 days to complete the paperwork before you can actually renew your road tax.

i did mine 1 week before expiry so timing just nice.

renew COE/comfirm insurance (1 day).....2 or 3 days insurance ok and they submit to LTA system.....renew road tax (1 day).. total 5 days.

• Praise 2

Why would that earn gahmen more money? Renew PQP is not limited. New coes are limited. Renewal is printing money out of thin air.

Why would that earn gahmen more money? Renew PQP is not limited. New coes are limited. Renewal is printing money out of thin air.

That is why I mentioned "Potential" as COE can be recycle and subjecting to bidding.

Neutral Newbie

Why not? They earn through taxes and other duties on top of coe for every new car sold. Every car that scrap means 1 more new coe for bidding.

if you decide to renew COE then source for insurance at the same time. insurance (comprehensive) about the same. 

just make sure you give yourself some time and no do everything at the last minutes.

insurance usually takes 2 to 3 days to complete the paperwork before you can actually renew your road tax.

i did mine 1 week before expiry so timing just nice.

renew COE/comfirm insurance (1 day).....2 or 3 days insurance ok and they submit to LTA system.....renew road tax (1 day).. total 5 days.

thanks for your information,

if I want to renew my coe just at its expiry one day before, lets say 15th-Nov, so I can renew my insurance one week ago (8th-Nov) at coe car's premium, but road tax has to be renewed after COE renewal, which means I might have at least one day cannot drive due to LTA system renewing coe car's road tax? 

Edited by MQX87511

if I want to renew my coe just at its expiry one day before, lets say 15th-Nov, so I can renew my insurance one week ago (8th-Nov) at coe car's premium, but road tax has to be renewed after COE renewal, which means I might have at least one day cannot drive due to LTA system renewing coe car's road tax? 

Sorry not sure about the timing.

Should work if you renew in the morning and lf the system allow you to renew your road tax in the afternoon/evening, you can drive the next day (start of your new COE period).

But too many if, for comfort............

Neutral Newbie

If your COE expired in NOV , you can renew on 1 nov , the new COE will only be effect 1 day after the old expired.

hihi sorry to keep repeating the same kind of qn 

my coe for opc vios expires 9 march 2019. when is the latest i can renew my coe ? also, should i convert to normal b4 or after i renew coe? when is the ideal date range?