Lied to by a salesman at kia-motors and I need advice

Fictionaire

Hypersonic
(edited)

Thanks for your comforting words.

But as mentioned previously, I do not take much issue with the state of the car. A car is just a car.

Itâs just that promises were not kept and I was kept in the dark despite being gentlemenly throughout the whole process.

Yeah I have moved on. I will just go with the registration without creating any fuss.

Just another thought, how sure you know the car in the showroom is the same car?

Rid you copy down the chassis number on the car? Or this is recorded in sale contract?

LTA registration will have the chassis number.

Edited by Tohto
↡ Advertisement

Just another thought, how sure you know the car in the showroom is the same car?

Rid you copy down the chassis number on the car? Or this is recorded in sale contract?

LTA registration will have the chassis number.

The salesman acknowledged that the car I saw on the 22nd Feb and 7th April was the unit he reserved for me. I took the car photos and sent to him.

He reserved the car in the cycle and carriage booking system.

Supercharged

When my missus bought from KIA she took photo of display model chassis number as display car was same colour she wanted.

Not to say her car wasn't 'imported' from another showroom.

I agree TS should escalate case as high as possible both at Fulco and at C&C.and ask for a 5k discount at least.

When my missus bought from KIA she took photo of display model chassis number as display car was same colour she wanted.

Not to say her car wasn't 'imported' from another showroom.

I agree TS should escalate case as high as possible both at Fulco and at C&C.and ask for a 5k discount at least.

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I doubt they will budge, and for me, I won’t insist.

Just very disappointed.

Just get the car and move on. :)

Thanks for sharing your experience.

I doubt they will budge, and for me, I wonât insist.

Just very disappointed.

Just get the car and move on. :)

Hope you will get your car as promised and enjoy your new ride, bro!

Hypersonic

The salesman acknowledged that the car I saw on the 22nd Feb and 7th April was the unit he reserved for me. I took the car photos and sent to him.

He reserved the car in the cycle and carriage booking system.

Only chassis number can be proof is the same car.

Don’t worry so much bro, when collecting the car just check it thoroughly inside and outside for scratches, and if anything obvious, highlight and have it documented in black and white. At the end of the day yours is still a showroom car, I’m sure the condition is better than a test drive car! There are people who buy cars used for those events (air show, driving experience) all this.

Anyway, depending on dealer and how fast they want to clear the showroom car, the discount may or may not be more than $2,000. When I enquire at Subaru in February if there are further discount for showroom units, it was only a $1,000 discount.

Cheers.

I suppose TS will have fears of his car being scratched or damaged during bthe display.

My advice is let it be . Its just a car my friend. Think of the 2000 u saved, you can bring your family to nice meals, fun TOGETHER. Thats PRICLESS.

A car is just a transport. Trash it hard. It suppose to work harder for you than other wayround.

Lifeis short.

• Praise 3

Getting $$ discount is hard.

But servicing credits and freebies like laser sunshade should be possible if you are talking to the manager.

You can still try your luck if you haven't talk to them

Supersonic

you need one of the mods help......call out bro kobayashigt or babyblade....maybe they can help....but its a Saturday night. Have you seen new cars storage.....under the sun all dusty and grimy. But comes delivery it will be shiny with the new car smell....some say the smell cost $10 in a can of spray.....ððð. I have used the wax used by car dealer on my bike.......looks glimming and new.ððð

i want this car spray! even though it may be carcinogenic!

Donât worry so much bro, when collecting the car just check it thoroughly inside and outside for scratches, and if anything obvious, highlight and have it documented in black and white. At the end of the day yours is still a showroom car, Iâm sure the condition is better than a test drive car! There are people who buy cars used for those events (air show, driving experience) all this.

Anyway, depending on dealer and how fast they want to clear the showroom car, the discount may or may not be more than $2,000. When I enquire at Subaru in February if there are further discount for showroom units, it was only a $1,000 discount.

Cheers.

Thanks bro for the comforting words.

The discount was definitely generous considering KIA doesn’t sell cars with excessively high premiums, in contrast to Volvo, Audi etc. :))

I suppose TS will have fears of his car being scratched or damaged during bthe display.

My advice is let it be . Its just a car my friend. Think of the 2000 u saved, you can bring your family to nice meals, fun TOGETHER. Thats PRICLESS.

A car is just a transport. Trash it hard. It suppose to work harder for you than other wayround.

Lifeis short.

Exactly my sentiments!

Getting $$ discount is hard.

But servicing credits and freebies like laser sunshade should be possible if you are talking to the manager.

You can still try your luck if you haven't talk to them

lol honestly I won’t bother. I gave up.

Messaged the salesperson this morning, and no replies from him.

I just gave up.

• Praise 1

This is accurate.

Honestly, I am very flexible.

When the salesman told me on 21st March that he would register the car on the 10th April at the latest, I am actually fine with that.

But on the 7th April, the car is still on display at KIA Alexandra without informing me that it is.

I mean, I doubt that is ethical or standard practice.

No updates, no nothing. All the while I assumed that the car was taken away at least one weekend after the COE is secured because that was the promise made to me.

And on 7th April, the car is still there on display!

Sigh.

Anyway, thanks to everyone for offering your two cents worth.

Some are harsh and some are kind, but hey, I appreciate all of your comments. :)

this issue around poor updates on car preparation and delivery status is something quite common so far

Maybe it's a reminder for u.

Friendly. Courteous. Sweet talking sales person no use.

U need someone who can get the job done!

• Praise 3

Supersonic

The discount was definitely generous considering KIA doesnât sell cars with excessively high premiums, in contrast to Volvo, Audi etc. :))

Exactly my sentiments!

lol honestly I wonât bother. I gave up.

I just gave up.

bro, although i'm also someone who doesnt like to go through the hassle, i think you should not give up so easily. try to get something out of it.

The discount was definitely generous considering KIA doesnât sell cars with excessively high premiums, in contrast to Volvo, Audi etc. :))

Exactly my sentiments!

lol honestly I wonât bother. I gave up.

I just gave up.

bro sometimes have to be a bit firm.

I am quite alike in that I usually let things slide.

but sometimes this also means pple take things too far due to what they perceive as our ignorance or our passivity.

I had to push my SE too recently as being nice and gentlemanly really didn't yield much results nor attention.

The discount was definitely generous considering KIA doesn’t sell cars with excessively high premiums, in contrast to Volvo, Audi etc. :))

Exactly my sentiments!

lol honestly I won’t bother. I gave up.

I just gave up.

Curious is this the first time you buying a new car? Not trying to stereotype you, but knowing that would allow the people here to give better advice. There is a difference between being ignorant and being a Mr nice guy.

Curious is this the first time you buying a new car? Not trying to stereotype you, but knowing that would allow the people here to give better advice. There is a difference between being ignorant and being a Mr nice guy.

This is my third car. The last two experiences were flawless, Toyota and Mitsubishi. Got the car 5 days after COE was secured.

In this case, I am probably ignorant. Never encountered a situation like this before; so not sure how to react. Therefore, have to seek help from more experienced people.

Also, just probably forgiving too and very hopeless with the situation.

Also, I guess I have other more important things to care about than a car.

bro sometimes have to be a bit firm.

I am quite alike in that I usually let things slide.

but sometimes this also means pple take things too far due to what they perceive as our ignorance or our passivity.

I had to push my SE too recently as being nice and gentlemanly really didn't yield much results nor attention.

By nature, I don’t like to push people to do their jobs. There is always a huge amount of trust involved on my part that the person will do their jobs faithfully and well. Sadly in this case, the trust is completely lost.

bro, although i'm also someone who doesnt like to go through the hassle, i think you should not give up so easily. try to get something out of it.

Yup. I will get a hold of the manager next week. But first I need to get a hold of this SE first! Lol. Never replied to my message since morning.

Prob busy with the car@expo. Will continue to wait I guess.

this issue around poor updates on car preparation and delivery status is something quite common so far

The last two experiences buying a car were a direct contrast of this one. The previous two SEs were on task. And that was in 2006 and 2011.

He is a very nice guy nonetheless. It’s ok. Probably his hands are tied in this case. Thanks for your help bro Friendstar. :)))

He is a very nice guy nonetheless. It’s ok. Probably his hands are tied in this case. Thanks for your help bro Friendstar. :)))
↡ Advertisement