10% hike in emissions testing

Sdf4786k

I suppose those that were thinking of buying Cat A cars and tweaking the turbo will now have to seek tunes that can be reverted to stock during testing.

And I don't mean throttle magnification tweaks.

Supercharged

Don't drive.

Use bicycle.

i just signed up mobike.. tried to cycle to work.. but gave up halfway..  reason.. danger to cycle on road (IMO).. but if cycle on pavement .. too many ppl... got to give way to them.. so stop move stop move... very irritating.. i always believe cyclist should give way to walking ppl not the opposite...as that is a pavement not cycling track.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

i just signed up mobike.. tried to cycle to work.. but gave up halfway.. reason.. danger to cycle on road (IMO).. but if cycle on pavement .. too many ppl... got to give way to them.. so stop move stop move... very irritating.. i always believe cyclist should give way to walking ppl not the opposite...as that is a pavement not cycling track.

If your work place is far away, it's not practical.

i just signed up mobike.. tried to cycle to work.. but gave up halfway..  reason.. danger to cycle on road (IMO).. but if cycle on pavement .. too many ppl... got to give way to them.. so stop move stop move... very irritating.. i always believe cyclist should give way to walking ppl not the opposite...as that is a pavement not cycling track.

The reason you feel unsure is speed difference btw bicycle and car.  That requires confidence building over time.  It requires careful planning of route with low traffic.  Sg drivers are not used to motorcycle & bicycle.

Mobike is only suitable for pavement.  It is too slow even compared to my Brompton.

I assume it's more than 5km away. Then it's not really practical.

I used to cycle 8km to Shenton Way to work.  Part of my route will go through Bayfront Ave and Central Blvd.

impractical is just an excuse.

From my home (Kallang MRT) to Jurong Bird Park is no more than 1hr bike ride.

The reason you feel unsure is speed difference btw bicycle and car. That requires confidence building over time. It requires careful planning of route with low traffic. Sg drivers are not used to motorcycle & bicycle.

Mobike is only suitable for pavement. It is too slow even compared to my Brompton.

I used to cycle 8km to Shenton Way to work. Part of my route will go through Bayfront Ave and Central Blvd.

impractical is just an excuse.

From my home (Kallang MRT) to Jurong Bird Park is no more than 1hr bike ride.

Planning means to ride at non peak hours? A lawyer friend working in CBD and cycling to work daily told me it is very dangerous to cycle to work in CBD during peak hours. True?

Planning means to ride at non peak hours? A lawyer friend working in CBD and cycling to work daily told me it is very dangerous to cycle to work in CBD during peak hours. True?

With the high traffic volume in cbd area, to tell anyone its safe to cycle is doing him an injustice Edited by RogerNg_185295
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Morning peak hours already have so many buses.

Planning in term of timing as well as route.

During peak, it is possible to ride safely in low traffic roads.

Depends on your friend route since he said it is dangerous.

My previous route to work is Geylang Rd -> Crawford Rd -> Republic Ave -> Bayfront Ave -> Central Blvd.

• Praise 1

With the high traffic volume in cbd area, to tell anyone its safe to cycle is doing him an injustice

High volume + low speed is good what.

High volume + high speed is bad.

Twincharged

Buses give wide berth to cyclist. It is safe on bus lane.

It only takes one Chiew Cheng bus driver and it is the end. If I die, never mind. There is an insurance payout. If you don’t and become a vegetable it’s the worst burden to befall my family. Singapore roads are just not safe enough during peak hours. Everyone is rushing and mistakes happen. Edited by Mkl22

It only takes one Chiew Cheng bus driver and it is the end. If I die, never mind. There is an insurance payout. If you don’t and become a vegetable it’s the worst burden to befall my family. Singapore roads are just not safe enough during peak hours. Everyone is rushing and mistakes happen.

Thanks for your reminder.

I was riding to work from 2007 to 2015.

As i said previously, it all boils down to route planning.  I would rather ride further to avoid bz road.

In addition, it is about road presence.  If bus can't sense your presence, of course you will meet chiew cheng bus driver.

If Singapore is not safe, i don't know what road is safe. 

You want to try Beijing/Shanghai/Guangzhou?

or New York/London?

Edited by Davidtch

Thanks for your reminder.

I was riding to work from 2007 to 2015.

As i said previously, it all boils down to route planning. I would rather ride further to avoid bz road.

In addition, it is about road presence. If bus can't sense your presence, of course you will meet chiew cheng bus driver.

If Singapore is not safe, i don't know what road is safe.

You want to try Beijing/Shanghai/Guangzhou?

or New York/London?

I actually agree, generally Singapore roads are not safe for cyclists. There is no bike lane and I have seen drivers squeezing out cyclists to the very edge of the road, i fear for their lives actually.

We have a long way to go before we develop a cycling culture like those in some European cities.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1