COE Bidding – 2nd Round of April 2018

Carbon82

Probably when VES phase 2 kicks in in June, COE will drop to compensate.

I am hoping when the satellite ERP kick in, coe will either remove or drop to 10k.

In another words, all the cost of coe will be offset by the amount of usage charge. Why i buy a car that hardly use need to pay the same amount (including road tax) as those whom has been using the road all the time?

With this, All ppls can afford to own a car but need $$$ to drive on the road

Edited by Lotr8445r
↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

If below 30k, means have to issue more new COE liao. [thumbsup]

If issue more, means more supply and the prices will drop further? Maybe back to square one for coe. But at least collect some more ARF and VES 1st. And then ERP and parking over the years. Still won’t lose.

I am hoping when the satellite ERP kick in, coe will either remove or drop to 10k.

In another words, all the cost of coe will be offset by the amount of usage charge. Why i buy a car that hardly use need to pay the same amount (including road tax) as those whom has been using the road all the time?

They already mentioned a lot of times that when satellite ERP is implemented they have not immediate plans to introduce distance base charges.

Twincharged

They already mentioned a lot of times that when satellite ERP is implemented they have not immediate plans to introduce distance base charges.

That’s the same impression they gave for GST.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

Seems like demand is not too strong.. even the feedback here is getting much lesser...

You noticed the forum is not that active these days.
  • Praise 1

I personally think COE is unlikely to go below 30k. But regardless, car price is not going to be a lot cheaper even if COE will to go below 30k, so if you plan to buy a new car , there is no need to wait further.

Got one reliable brand work the other way, coe go down their list price go up.

Seems like demand is not too strong.. even the feedback here is getting much lesser...

Possibly because the COE has been quite stable recently, so not much feedback.

With more uncertainty over next 2 months on the PM2.5 VES come July, there will be more participation once COE begin to roller coaster again.

For buyers who are buying this coming 2 months; advisable to get clarifications from AD and PI, if car is supposed to be delivered in May or June but end up being delivered in July and car is affected by new VES; what will be AD's response.

Hopefully, LTA is able to provide info on cars affected before July for more clarity.       

They will give you marginal reduction in road tax to make you less unhappy. To remove COE system, wait long long. This is a sacred cash cow !!!  

• Praise 1

They will give you marginal reduction in road tax to make you less unhappy. To remove COE system, wait long long. This is a sacred cash cow !!!  

COE is the only effective means to control car population.

What we need is bidding via SingPass for all CAT except OPEN.

. It is just a simple way for LTA to collect revenue

• Praise 1

Agree. COE is a good system and self bidding is the best and fairest. But that means less COE $$$ for LTA. The North South Expressway starting from Woodlands will have to terminate at Gambas :a-confused: . Need a lot more $$$ to run all the way to East Coast.

I personally think COE is unlikely to go below 30k. But regardless, car price is not going to be a lot cheaper even if COE will to go below 30k, so if you plan to buy a new car , there is no need to wait further.

Like few year ago coe was around $60k, and not coe dropped below $40k!

Turbocharged

Prevailing Quota Premium (3 months average)

Cat A
Jan 2014: 76109
Jun 2014: 71672
Jan 2015: 65607
Jun 2015: 66107
Jan 2016: 56633
Jun 2016: 46454
Jan 2017: 50645
Jun 2017: 50625
Jan 2018: 42970
Feb 2018: 42122
Mar 2018: 39274
Apr 2018: 38655
May 2018: 38192

Cat B
Jan 2014: 82333
Jun 2014: 76872
Jan 2015: 72726
Jun 2015: 74629
Jan 2016: 58615
Jun 2016: 48479
Jan 2017: 52660
Jun 2017: 54088
Jan 2018: 52271
Feb 2018: 50578
Mar 2018: 44998
Apr 2018: 40881
May 2018: 38712

• Praise 4

OMG ...There will be fewer certificates of entitlement (COEs) to bid for the coming three months with the overall vehicle COE pool shrinking by 4 per cent.

http://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/coe-vehicle-quota-for-may-to-july-falls-by-4-as-zero-growth-policy-continues?utm_campaign=Echobox&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&xtor=CS1-10

Confirmed fewer COEs la, cause even they have announced fewer COEs or even zero car growth, also doesnt impact much on the coe, and it still didnt increased much.