SGCARMART or Carousell?

alfakidz85

So do you get a better price compared to what a dealer quoted you for trade in?

did a search as buyer for my car model with same details,  average selling price similar to bid closed price, some even lower

also bidded price was way better than trade-in price 

Edited by Diesel
↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Never trade in if it’s not a scrap car. That’s the worst price. And buyer has no leverage over the new car deal

Edited by Soya

Never trade in if it’s not a scrap car. That’s the worst price. And buyer has no leverage over the new car deal

yeah, still got around 18-19 mths left, if offered scrap will keep till scrap 

Hi bros and sis here. I'm looking to sell my car well actually toying with the idea for now. So I would like to ask if you are planning to sell your vehicle, which platform do you go to? I am not rushing to sell it so I am ok with the idea of selling it off myself even if it will take a little more time.

I know that currently the ad fees for sgcarmart is now $58 till you sell off your car. I think it used to be $48 for 6 weeks only. $58 seems ok if it means being able to post till it's being sold. But, if it's unsold are you able to get back the ad fees? Haha.. And after sometime will my ads be pushed down by newer ads? Hope some bros can clarify some of my doubts as I think all of you are much more familiar with how the system works.

Also.. Carousell has been my preferred platform to sell off my used stuff etc and it is relatively effective! I have seen many car ads on Carousell as well, and there is Carousell Motor. Carousell and Carousell Motor they are not the same platform? Do you need to pay to advertise there, and how does it work?

Honestly I think Carousell is a good platform to sell of my unwanted stuff but not so sure about using it to sell my car. Lowballers, have to entertain messages on PM and honestly it looks quite confusing. For eg if i type Mitsubishi Lancer there are rental ads, car parts for mit lancer appearing etc. 

Are the younger generations using Carousell to sell off their cars now? Whats your preferred choice now? 

Actually i believe both platforms have their share of lowballers... ultimately it's a buyer willing, seller willing market. Plenty of people enquire / ask questions, but it's a matter of whether wanna entertain or not. I sold and bought my cars on Carousell -- i do observe that quite a fair bit of "popular cars" can be found on there probably because sellers know there's a market for them without the need to pay ad fees.

Also, not sure on searching but i think ok... e.g. type Lancer will have the dropdown "in cars for sale" or "in vehicle rental" so if click the the right field will get cars only for sale

I posted on sgcarmart b4. Lots of lowballers too and spam bait for consignment agents, insurance agents, loan agents.

Next time just put NO DEALER PLEASE on car description

Supersonic

Next time just put NO DEALER PLEASE on car description

They can still pretend to be direct buyer n lowball bah

They can still pretend to be direct buyer n lowball bah

This I agree, the best offer it’s to get from Direct buyer. No point in getting a middle man to profit from your sale.

Hmm. not necessary at times. Some brands use over trade to mask off the discount, which only possible when you have a trade in car. This over trade could be as much as 20k above the market value. They are reluctant to give straight discount from list price as they want to manage the high list price so to be able to employ more sales tactics from time to time.  

i posted on sgcarmrt before. immediately the same day at least 10 calls inquiring on my ride.

Wow! They actually call you?

Now I am thinking twice of posting my ads.

Post only if you dun mind entertain dealers. Of course, there are serious and non serious buyers Edited by RogerNg_185295

I provided my numbers. In the end i sold it within a week.

Pretty effective i must say. veh was left with 12 months.

Post only if you dun mind entertain dealers. Of course, there are serious and non serious buyers

I sold a car many years ago via sgcarmart ads. I do receive many sms but dealers don't actually call you. SMS is easier to ignore but when someone called, it is more disruptive. 

Carousell in this case may be better since you do not have to disclose your phone number. Interested party would be sending private messages which I am happy to browse and ignore those irrelevant ones.

Anyway, not that many other alternatives if I am trying to get a larger pool of potential buyers.

Can try get a prepaid number just for this. Post with your prepaid number so that any SMS/ call will be purely for the deal.

Once deal conclude can dump the number away so less disturbance?

• Praise 4

Supersonic

Can try get a prepaid number just for this. Post with your prepaid number so that any SMS/ call will be purely for the deal.

Once deal conclude can dump the number away so less disturbance?

I did that b4. Land up the prepaid number kena spam by repo man chasing the previous number owner for regular late payment on his motorbike...Lol

I did that b4. Land up the prepaid number kena spam by repo man chasing the previous number owner for regular late payment on his motorbike...Lol

Oops... lol but I guess at least you can choose to ignore? At least less chance of other people spamming your private number? haha

Prepaid numbers are recycled...my boy ever had non English speaking ah nehs called him...

Thanks for sharing.. din know its recycle.. haha

• Praise 3

What I always do is to set a day of the week to entertain walk in buyers.

For example. Saturday - 8am to 6pm just to entertain potential buyers. I don't answer question via call or sms. You interested, you come down and talk.

SGCM is the most effective way to sell your car.

Carousell you can just post and jack up the price for fun.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1