Audi UTR front/rear camera

Midorima

So I went to buy a 32GB micro SD card (Sandisk Class 10 "High Endurance Video Monitoring Card for dash cams...") from Challenger ($30).

Took it out from its packaging and plugged it into the UTR.  Unfortunately, the UTR lady voice says "Please check SD card".

Went home and formatted it on my laptop.  Took it downstairs and plugged it into the UTR.  Again, the lady says "Please check SD card".

(There should be nothing wrong with the card, as I can copy files onto it on my laptop.)

Does anyone else have problems with upgrading to a 32GB card?  If not, how did you do it?

Thanks!

So I went to buy a 32GB micro SD card (Sandisk Class 10 "High Endurance Video Monitoring Card for dash cams...") from Challenger ($30).

Took it out from its packaging and plugged it into the UTR. Unfortunately, the UTR lady voice says "Please check SD card".

Went home and formatted it on my laptop. Took it downstairs and plugged it into the UTR. Again, the lady says "Please check SD card".

(There should be nothing wrong with the card, as I can copy files onto it on my laptop.)

Does anyone else have problems with upgrading to a 32GB card? If not, how did you do it?

Thanks!

I am using Sandisk 32GB SDHC. It was detected and usable straight out of the packaging.

Took it out from its packaging and plugged it into the UTR. Unfortunately, the UTR lady voice says "Please check SD card".

Went home and formatted it on my laptop. Took it downstairs and plugged it into the UTR. Again, the lady says "Please check SD card".

Does anyone else have problems with upgrading to a 32GB card? If not, how did you do it?

Thanks!

I use the 64gb version. Are you able to format the card using the app? Or it can’t even allow that?
  • Praise 1

Took it out from its packaging and plugged it into the UTR.  Unfortunately, the UTR lady voice says "Please check SD card".

Went home and formatted it on my laptop.  Took it downstairs and plugged it into the UTR.  Again, the lady says "Please check SD card".

Does anyone else have problems with upgrading to a 32GB card?  If not, how did you do it?

Thanks!

I am having the same problem with my Sandisk 16GB micro SD (dunno "ultra" something) card. Damn sian...:( 

• Praise 1

Have u try formatting the sd card via the mobile app ?

When I insert the new SD card, the lady says "Please check SD card" and I cannot connect to the app.  So, there's no way to format the new card within the app.  :(

I think I will try to do a full reset of the UTR and see if it recognises the card.

The other day, I happened to catch a car beating a red light.  I was so excited that I can now finally be a vigilante and post online.  :)  But when I took the card back home that evening, that video has already been overwritten.  :(

• Praise 1

When I insert the new SD card, the lady says "Please check SD card" and I cannot connect to the app. So, there's no way to format the new card within the app. :(

I think I will try to do a full reset of the UTR and see if it recognises the card.

The other day, I happened to catch a car beating a red light. I was so excited that I can now finally be a vigilante and post online. :) But when I took the card back home that evening, that video has already been overwritten. :(

Have you manage to solve the issue ?

I am having the same problem with my Sandisk 16GB micro SD (dunno "ultra" something) card. Damn sian...:(

Sigh... no luck.  Getting quite annoyed with the lady saying "Please check SD card."  Unfortunately, I do not have other brands of SD cards lying around to try.  I may buy another brand's this weekend to try out.

Sigh... no luck. Getting quite annoyed with the lady saying "Please check SD card." Unfortunately, I do not have other brands of SD cards lying around to try. I may buy another brand's this weekend to try out.

Thanks for the update.

Really puzzling why your 32GB card cant be used.

Thanks for the update.

Really puzzling why your 32GB card cant be used.

Finally!  I bought a new Samsung 32GB card ($24.90) and it works straight out of packaging!   However, all the settings are reset to default.  I guess this means that the settings are written on the card itself.

Not sure why the Sandisk one doesn't work. 

Incidentally, because of the problems I had, I read the manual from beginning to end.  It stated that the dash cam was OEM from a company called Mobile Appliance Inc in South Korea.  I guess this is not surprising as Thinkware, iRoad and other popular dash cams originated from Korea.  But I think the design and quality of the UTR is not as good as these popular ones. :)

Neutral Newbie

Yes, it is a new sd card.

I don't think I format it with my computer. I just put it in the car cam.

May I ask how do u replace the sd card? I was trying to pull out the left and right parts, bur couldn’t do so. Please advise
  • Praise 1

May I ask how do u replace the sd card? I was trying to pull out the left and right parts, bur couldn’t do so. Please advise

You simply push on the micro SD card using your finger and it will pop out.  Quite standard procedure similar to how you would replace SD cards on your cameras or SIM cards on your phones.  The spring is quite powerful, and the micro SD card is quite small, so be careful, as the card may fly out a great distance and then it will be hard to find.  [;)]

I think there is a new firmware  update but after the update, it ask me to type in a new password.

Now I cannot access to the car cam as the password is not recognize. When down to Audi for help. Was told that the new firmware only work with 32 GB SD card and my SD card is 64GB.

When home and change to a 32 GB and I still cannot get the UTR apps on Iphone to connect to the car cam. 

Anyone know who to reset the car cam to factory default? Google but no result on this. 

I try using a paper clip to poke inside the reset button but still cannot reset to factory default.

• Praise 1

I have difficulty to connect my UTR to handphone. Cannot establish connection. Is it my android phone software problem or utr problem. PA is unable to solve my problem. Please help. Thanks

I have difficulty to connect my UTR to handphone. Cannot establish connection. Is it my android phone software problem or utr problem. PA is unable to solve my problem. Please help. Thanks

Ask them to reset the UTR to default. 

Mine have the same problem until when I during the 1st servicing, I requested that they reset the UTR to default setting. After that I am able to connect to my HP.

Ask them to reset the UTR to default.

Mine have the same problem until when I during the 1st servicing, I requested that they reset the UTR to default setting. After that I am able to connect to my HP.

Approached PA liao. Waiting for their reply. Thanks

Neutral Newbie

I found that unless I enabled GPS I couldn't connect the phone to the cam.  Once GPS enabled it has worked consistently.

SD card issues might be down to the formatting.  A lot of cards are formatted as exfat, but for some reason audi doesn't like to use that format, despite it being perfect for large capacity storage.  You will need to ensure it's formatted as fat32.  You can check this from your PC.

I've just ordered a 256GB microSD to see whether I can get that to work.

↡ Advertisement