Change in SMRT CEO (Apr 2018), Management & Other Matters

Blueray

Twincharged

unbelievable! worldwide search and this general is the best available!!!!!

"But weâre only told that it was a global search which looked at about 20 candidates, according to ST, before settling on Mr Neo. Is there no other person in the whole wide world, with some train management expertise, who would be better than him? Is he the best man for the job?"

I am rolling on the floor laughing now. tell me pig can fly more believable.

And the salary is not a peanut. It’s 3 peanuts at 1.8M or USD1.4M. Which other transport operator in the world pays its ceo so well.

ok, bets on.

how long do you think the next paper general will last as mrt ceo ?

It’s 5k for every day of the year he hangs on. I bet he will hang on with his teeth if needed. Or about $200 for every hour of his life.

Indeed only this part is funny. If this paper general use the army managing style, though everyone would bow and listen to him due to their rank like in army in corporate world, then the part ''only one left driving the train'' will become true.

Well he better start learning to drive the train from day one then.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

It is also a culture that ex generals are the best for SMRT. Maybe will be deep seated soon.

high paying "job" back by the govt ... and the heads do not interfere or is involved with politics. win/win situation !

If they do not pave such career path for all those paper general after their retirement in army, what will happen to them? Maybe they will ended up as some PHV or taxi driver. Lol.

quite true ... they may have made lots of enemies when they were generals .... so once they are released into the wild ... only way to protect them is to cuddle them with high power jobs, where they still can do that one little thing they are so used to - command.

only difference is whether it will work or not .... but then again, if it does not, then just change lor ... so many generals in the que ...

Edited by Ysc3

this could actually backfire and cast doubt on our army.

All these guys did not exactly cover themselves in glory in their post-army careers, despite being saf's cream of the crop....

by extension, could it be that our army isn't what its cracked up to be? No one could 100% deny that, as despite all the army's claims and shiny toys, its really untested, unlike smrt.

What if, when its called upon, it will deliver exactly like smrt?

You serve ns before?

Think you know the quality of our army.

Reading from TODAY's app.

WhatsApp Image 2018-04-19 at 8.03.03 AM.jpeg

I think respect is not easily earned.

One good thing is that this neo fellow would already be familiar with all the military people that quack brought over. They would probably have worked together in the past as well.

Then again, some of these fellows could have decided to leave because they couldn't work with neo so followed quack here.

Edited by Kusje

One good thing is that this neo fellow would already be familiar with all the military people that quack brought over. They would probably have worked together in the past as well.

Then again, some of these fellows could have decided to leave because they couldn't work with neo so followed quack here.

If you are in his shoes you would do the same. I mean you will see it in every company. The new boss would gradually bring in all his kaki coz these are the ppl who will not doubt him, will listen and do as he says. I think by the 4th or 5th ex-general ceo the company will be able to mobilize NSF and NSmen to handle train/track disruption but problems will still be there. [laugh] "The reliability has improved." I believe the upcoming ceo is also an ex-general is no coincidence.

Edited by Watwheels

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2018-04-19 at 8.03.03 AM.jpeg

this article already show its not changing 1 paper to another paper that simple.

same with any other company control by the gov.

once u send in 1 paper as ceo.

he will bring in his bunch of col followers.

and those col will bring in their cpt.

all with 0 experience, taking up keys appt.

Edited by Beregond
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

If you are in his shoes you would do the same. I mean you will see it in every company. The new boss would gradually bring in all his kaki coz these are the ppl who will not doubt him, will listen and do as he says. I think by the 4th or 5th ex-general ceo the company will be able to mobilize NSF and NSmen to handle train/track disruption but problems will still be there. [laugh] "The reliability has improved." I believe the upcoming ceo is also an ex-general is no coincidence.

Yeah. 2-3 battalions of NSF will do the trick.

this article already show its not changing to paper to another paper that simple.

same with any other company control by the gov.

once u send in 1 paper as ceo.

he will bring in he bunch of col followers.

and those col will bring in their cpt.

all with 0 experience, taking up keys appt.

Thailand is a good example. They have a defiant party inside their govt so they send in the military and kick this group of ppl out.

I think by now we more or less understand what the "deep-seated cultural issues" are.

It is also a culture that ex generals are the best for SMRT. Maybe will be deep seated soon.

If I remember correctly, the reason given for paying saf senior officers high was because their career lifespan was short and had to retire at 45. Now even more tax payers money are used to parachute these people after their military career into ministries and stat boards which they do not have clue and yet continue to pay them so well.

I really question their capability. Maybe 2-3 are really good. Like George Yeo who has proven himself overseas as well. But the rest?

Indeed i have no good impression on all these paper generals. Because if you are not blind, you should be able to see how good they are in those ministries and stat boards etc. I think we have a serious problem here, cause they still think all these paper generals are genius. 

attachicon.gifWhatsApp Image 2018-04-19 at 8.03.03 AM.jpeg

If the person still have his/her own judgement, how to respect such ceo? For me no matter how high flyer, how good the academic and how high the position of the person is, if he/she doesnt deserve my respect, no use even he/she is at the top of the world. 

Turbocharged

You serve ns before?

Think you know the quality of our army.

I old man. My last time in army camp was 20 years ago... (siam many call-ups... worked overseas)

true.

if he delivered, people cannot say anything. now he cannot deliver so sure kanna whack.

they can try and recall me, i will tell them i can't report cuz mrt is down  [rolleyes]

Edited by Kusje
↡ Advertisement