2018 / 2019 7th Generation Lexus ES

Carbon82

If you have seen how merchants void or refund payment, itâs only a few buttons on the machine and viola itâs done. Itâs almost as easy as charging you for payment.

Send email as a demand. 2mths is too much.

I just wait for another 5 days before I send demand.
↡ Advertisement

Booked the car 2 weeks back with 3 years servicing. Now they offering 5 years servicing.

congrats buddy!..which color and trimming did you buy?..oh and who is your SE?

In 2015 COE 71k was quoted 207k for ES ?? Now COE 32k new ES 208k from EXpo ??

Well sonny,the sad truth is Coe restrict the overall supply of cars to the public n the car agents knew it.

Take for instance merz E250....when coe was 90k they retailed at 270k but when coe tanks to this level

which is 60k lower they only adjusted it 10k lower to 260k.." So what is your option ? None so to speak

unless everyone not buy cars which is impossible....So if you ve to drive....n if you are looking at luxury brand like merz n Lexus,they act in collusion......everyone knows the maths but so...?btw each car they sell you they make 50k or more off you...you know it...so.? don’t forget demand keeps raising supply same the sad truth sonny.

• Praise 2

Thanks. Got the ES250 Lux , Sonic Quartz. My SE is Desmond. And yourself?

So far 2 things I hate:

1. Auxiliary box next to the steering wheel (mostly for money to pay for parking) - its soooooo small compared to my previous GS and current RX

post-235536-0-13256200-1544274687_thumb.jpg

2. The storage compartment at the door is fixed and cannot be open, so sad

post-235536-0-17424400-1544275170_thumb.jpg

Finally I thought Lexus came up with a new type of memory seat, I couldn't seem to bloody set the memory despite driving Lexus for 15 years, I discovered that the side windows were able to program but the driver seat just couldn't move. Its really frustrating cos sometimes the maid drives the car. 

I finally went over to the passenger side and viola everything is ok. Really disappointed with this simple fault by Lexus. I have to send it to the agent when I am free. Shitz!

So far 2 things I hate:

1. Auxiliary box next to the steering wheel (mostly for money to pay for parking) - its soooooo small compared to my previous GS and current RX

attachicon.gifPhoto 4-12-18, 8 42 12 AM.jpg

2. The storage compartment at the door is fixed and cannot be open, so sad

attachicon.gifPhoto 4-12-18, 8 41 30 AM.jpg

Finally I thought Lexus came up with a new type of memory seat, I couldn't seem to bloody set the memory despite driving Lexus for 15 years, I discovered that the side windows were able to program but the driver seat just couldn't move. Its really frustrating cos sometimes the maid drives the car. 

I finally went over to the passenger side and viola everything is ok. Really disappointed with this simple fault by Lexus. I have to send it to the agent when I am free. Shitz!

side windows?...u meant side rear view mirrors..right?regarding your memory seats..yes its so unLexus for something to go wrong brand new.usually this things work for ages in a Lexus.and didn't you test it before driving it back during collection of the car?

wow..good choice man!congrats.when will you collect your ride?

mine is the exe model,sonic titanium with topaz brown(brown shimamoku) interior.my SE is Sam Ang.im collecting mine on 20th this month.nice if we can meet up man..haha.

Former Toyota employee here.

Firstly, they are very conservative in implementing new tech. Their R&D have pretty advance tech, but for production, everything is validated (probably) twice as much compared to other carmakers, thus by the time it’s green lit for mass production, it’s old tech.

New tech adoption is so slow and difficult, it often frustrate even Toyota employees.

A Golf’s Dual-clutch is nice in Autobahns, it won’t lost long in Indonesia’s stop-go 20km/h traffic jams.

Sadly, that's part of the criticism levelled at Toyota, that they're always outstandingly average. But hey, better to be outstandingly average and deliver a solid product that lasts than something which looks good, drives good but then turns into a money pit and gouges you after 3 years or so.

The dual-clutch transmission is nice and smooth, but requires more TLC than a conventional auto, and the dealer gives you bugger-all information on how to care for your car transmission and how it actually is an automatically controlled manual transmission as opposed to a conventional automatic.

When di**ing around in city traffic like most of us, it causes a lot of clutch wear when you are just creeping forward at dead slow speeds, and when combined with breathtakingly s*** engineering (you know who I'm referring to), the clutch pack dies within 5 years. Go figure.

• Praise 1

side windows?...u meant side rear view mirrors..right?regarding your memory seats..yes its so unLexus for something to go wrong brand new.usually this things work for ages in a Lexus.and didn't you test it before driving it back during collection of the car?

wow..good choice man!congrats.when will you collect your ride?

mine is the exe model,sonic titanium with topaz brown(brown shimamoku) interior.my SE is Sam Ang.im collecting mine on 20th this month.nice if we can meet up man..haha.

Geez what’s wrong with me yes front mirrors of course, thanks man.

This is my 9th Lexus, I’ve never checked when I receive my Lexus, never have to.

When di**ing around in city traffic like most of us, it causes a lot of clutch wear when you are just creeping forward at dead slow speeds, and when combined with breathtakingly s*** engineering (you know who I'm referring to), the clutch pack dies within 5 years. Go figure.

mmmmm...VW?

• Praise 1

Hahahahaha not so lucky today, trying to avoid an oncoming  truck who took up more a lane I hit a hole and front left tire gone

myk4QWm.jpg

Waiting an hour for Lexus to arrive 

dhEU4be.jpg

I regular customer so they got supervisor to come to attend to me but today Sunday he holiday so not in uniform

RCOgemi.jpg

gb6Ftus.jpg

eM3ATrI.jpg

oZMqUB0.jpg

rvCIbrK.jpg

TUlDbkX.jpg

Holy crap

CePAtXG.jpg

jHVJzdu.jpg

They told me they will arrange for insurance anyway simply leave it to them

• Praise 2

Yes it's considered an accident claim

Check whether your insurance includes tyre & rim insurance.

If yes, claim under that rather than accident.

Tyre & rim insurance is a rider insurance coverage.

Check whether your insurance includes tyre & rim insurance.

If yes, claim under that rather than accident.

Tyre & rim insurance is a rider insurance coverage.

Very good point, thank you. I’ll have a word with Khun Van, she’s a person I can trussand leave all my Lexus issues with. Good lady.

post-235536-0-41783600-1544414039.jpeg

For the very first time I sat at the back of the new ES300h when maid drove me to the airport

abaqfr7.jpg

1. Looks very nice from the back.

2. Back head rest is very very comfortable 

3. Very spacious for the leg

CffJuYC.jpg

Got to sit here more  [bounce2]

For the very first time I sat at the back of the new ES300h when maid drove me to the airport

abaqfr7.jpg

1. Looks very nice from the back.

2. Back head rest is very very comfortable 

3. Very spacious for the leg

CffJuYC.jpg

Got to sit here more  [bounce2]

Do you need to hire a chauffeur?  :grin:

• Praise 1

Do you need to hire a chauffeur?  :grin:

I see what you did there... :D

But seriously, very nice ride.

Makes me wish I had saved up money from my previous 2 rides to be able to afford this beaut.

But oh well, I'm contented with what I have. :)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1