2018 / 2019 7th Generation Lexus ES

Carbon82

nice form... minimal changes required from winning design.

I do like the new interior design language from Toyota.

But if I'm buying a Lexus, not sure if I'd like the design similarities to be as obvious as the centre console, though I'd be fine with sharing of switchgear like windows controls.

Think VW group has struck the right balance with Audi, VW.

but the engine options are a bit disappointing for singapore market under singapore tax system..

this one bobian. same across the board for all cars in SG.

I do like the new interior design language from Toyota.

But if I'm buying a Lexus, not sure if I'd like the design similarities to be as obvious as the centre console, though I'd be fine with sharing of switchgear like windows controls.

Think VW group has struck the right balance with Audi, VW.

agree. Toyota could do with more obvious differences in the interior between Lexus and Toyota to "atas-ify" the car.
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

agree. Toyota could do with more obvious differences in the interior between Lexus and Toyota to "atas-ify" the car.

ya kana cornered in all angle...LTA has it all well covered.. if use NA engine u need at least v6 3liter .. road tax kana . if use TC.. maybe VES kana.. 

• Praise 3

ya kana cornered in all angle...LTA has it all well covered.. if use NA engine u need at least v6 3liter .. road tax kana . if use TC.. maybe VES kana.. 

Hybrid loh.

Supercharged

Hybrid loh.

but hybrid road tax is high... it combines motor and engine capacities to charge u.. 

last time my RX400h is an example.. if i can remember correctly .. i paid like 3k+ per year.  

but hybrid road tax is high... it combines motor and engine capacities to charge u.. 

last time my RX400h is an example.. if i can remember correctly .. i paid like 3k+ per year.  

Lexus ES300h road tax is $1,784/annum.

For current gen ES300h, it is under neutral band.

Supercharged

Lexus ES300h road tax is $1,784/annum.

For current gen ES300h, it is under neutral band.

rx400h is 3.5liter plus motor... 

What is Lexus thinking? 

There was a reason why they used the FWD platform in the ES to slot it beneath the RWD GS.....to attract those upgrading from the camry/accord but no not needing the sporty performance/handling of the GS.

Turbocharged

Swee . Like baby LS .

I wonder if its gonna be RWD or still FWD . 

Swee swee, I like the look also, when I saw the LS, I was impress and this one like you say is look alike.

For now FWD, I heard they may come out with a AWD model to compliment the GS feel.

Donno good or bad, I heard news also that they may turn back from above plan and maintain GS and ES for other market except for Russia and or Europe.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Bro, the interior for both Toyota and Lexus are already big difference le, that is why when my earlier preference to just drive the Camry and backside itchy go over sit inside the ES and fell in love.

For this new ES model, I think they uses the interior design platform similar to those newer models like RX which looks similar to it.

• Praise 1

Bro, the interior for both Toyota and Lexus are already big difference le, that is why when my earlier preference to just drive the Camry and backside itchy go over sit inside the ES and fell in love.

For this new ES model, I think they uses the interior design platform similar to those newer models like RX which looks similar to it.

thanks for the clarification bro  [thumbsup]

Turbocharged

thanks for the clarification bro  [thumbsup]

Man....if this model is released in late 2019 in Singapore and they have the AWD model in 2020, it's good time for me to make an upgrade :grin:

I was thinking if the RX by the time I am ready to change is my referred look, can consider.

With recent Saga over CnC.......Bro Soya will later say I am BM's most loyal customer again. [smash]

Man....if this model is released in late 2019 in Singapore and they have the AWD model in 2020, it's good time for me to make an upgrade :grin:

I was thinking if the RX by the time I am ready to change is my referred look, can consider.

With recent Saga over CnC.......Bro Soya will later say I am BM's most loyal customer again. [smash]

but you are ma... :XD: