• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
615 replies to this topic | 2,309 praises

Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:32 PM

Theoldjaffa
  • Premium member
    Theoldjaffa
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Thank you .
I meant where can i go to set how many % front, left right etc?
Search through all the menu on the head unit, cannot find this menu to make adjustment.

for HU of my previous cars, can find easily, this time, cannot find! :a-no:
Maybe have to check with Service Adviser during my serving :a-whiteflag:

Oh I managed to find it when pairing my phone at the showroom. Adjusted the bass.

Lexus infotainment is not yet friendly.
RH1667 praised this
--------------------------------------------
Common sense is not a gift, it's a punishment. Because you have to deal with those who don't have it.

Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:39 PM

BenTong
  • Premium member
    BenTong
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Went to the website went to sgcarmart.. can share what’s the latest insider deal for the ES ? Paiseh

Posted 28 March 2019 - 06:52 PM

2E5S0
  • Premium member
    2E5S0
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Guess you don't read manuals...

I tried to, sad to say I might have missed it....
1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 31 March 2019 - 09:54 AM

Audio
  • Audio
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Good evening,

Thanks for the tip, I have not been religiously keeping the rpm below 3k so far, but neither have I been flooring it with abandon as well.

The SE did not mention anything specific about run-in period either when we collected the car.

I'll bear your advice in mind for sure, thanks for the tip. Hopefully I have not done anything detrimental to the car so far.

Oh no I went past the 3K RPM 

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 31 March 2019 - 12:25 PM

2E5S0
  • Premium member
    2E5S0
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Hi there,

For what it's worth, I asked my SE about this "running in" practice, he replied that there's no requirement to "run in" the car so to speak, but if I can avoid revving it past 4/5000 rpm and make sure to go for the 1k and 5k servicing, that should suffice.

Feels like a slightly grey and non-commital answer, but that's the answer I got.

The SE for my other car replied that there is no need for any "running in" at all.

If I find anything else about this in the Owners Manuals, I will share it here.

In the meantime, I guess just take it easy on the car and dun fret too much over it.

Looks like there are many differing views over this practice, so do whatever puts your mind at ease I guess.

Glad to see another new owner! Cheers!
RH1667 praised this

Posted 31 March 2019 - 02:35 PM

flashbang
  • Premium member
    flashbang
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Don't worry, won't die. It's a small thing over the 10 years of COE... Anyways maybe Lexus no need for run in? If it's not in the manual then no need lor

Posted 19 April 2019 - 09:36 PM

Hulky
  • Hulky
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Hello people. Have been driving the amazing ES250(2019) for 3 months with the 5k servicing done last week. This is my take on the car so far. I will compare it with my previous GS250(model 2012). All comparisons are from my own personal view and experience. I'm bored on a Sunday afternoon,hence..the comparison.

Exterior-ES wins this. Bigger,bolder and sharper.
Steering Response-Though the latest ES is better than the outgoing model, the GS is more precise and responsive.
Gearshift-Both are buttery smooth but I'd pick the ES since it has an 8 speed gear against 6 in the GS.
Drive-I'd say this is a draw. Both drives pretty well but at hard cornering the GS performs very well since it is a RWD.
Tech-ES is the latest model so obviously better equip in the tech and safety department.
Engine-GS with the V6. No explanation needed.
Insulation-GS was the most silent car I had ever owned. Period.
Interior Space-ES wins in every department. Legroom are huge for both front and back passengers.
NVH-Again,the GS comes perfect in this section. Better than the ES and the E Class and the 5 series.
Consumption-ES gives better mileage. It's a heavy car but somehow with newer technology and a straight engine,coupled with FWD,it's better than the GS.
Plushness-There is no or any part of the GS that feels cheap. Everything is mastered to perfection. Every stitch is flawless and every touch on it's leather and soft plastic feels luxurious. Saying that, the ES is still a very nice place to be in compared to it's rivals.

That's all folks. Have a great weekend.

Great comparison folk,

GS ranks higher than ES so it is heartening for ES owner to know that they can hold a candle
To GS’s....but I suppose Lexus may phase out the GS to be replaced indefinitely by theES....
Heard in time or by the next model Lexus IS gonna improve on the engine compartment of the ES such
that the pick up is closer to GS’s...at the moment I find it a bit sluggish at the start....think it ll change
steveluv and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 20 April 2019 - 08:24 AM

t0y0ta
  • t0y0ta
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Great comparison folk,

GS ranks higher than ES so it is heartening for ES owner to know that they can hold a candle
To GS’s....but I suppose Lexus may phase out the GS to be replaced indefinitely by theES....
Heard in time or by the next model Lexus IS gonna improve on the engine compartment of the ES such
that the pick up is closer to GS’s...at the moment I find it a bit sluggish at the start....think it ll change

Yes, all indications are that GS is dead.

IS will grow in size to replace GS and still fight in the 3 series compact RWD saloon market.

ES will take over the fight against E-class and A6, which are towkay cars.

I think they give up trying to challenge the unique market position of 5 series.

Toeknee_33 and steveluv praised this

Posted 21 April 2019 - 07:33 PM

Gabdat
  • Premium member
    Gabdat
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Great comparison folk,

word has it that there will be an AWD version of the ES but only for the 3.5L V6 version.means we'll never get it in Spore.

steveluv and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 20 May 2019 - 10:09 PM

Bioinformatics
  • Premium member
    Bioinformatics
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

just tested the hybrid version and seem cannot feel the power diff.

Only feel is when start car, it was total silence.

Any bro feel the same as well?

Posted 27 May 2019 - 11:32 AM

steveluv
  • steveluv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Yes, all indications are that GS is dead.

Was a very sad day when I had to exchange my GS for the new ES last November. Always have a GS and a RX with me since I started with Lexus years ago. Nevertheless when I tested the ES300h surprisingly the power and responsiveness was acceptable so I got the ES. I do miss the RWD of GS. 

Posted 27 May 2019 - 01:43 PM

Toeknee_33
  • Premium member
    Toeknee_33
    Supercharged
    Author Image

You didn't say difference with which other car.

Posted 27 May 2019 - 02:55 PM

steveluv
  • steveluv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

It's been 6 months with my ES and its close to 20k km

zUhD92V.jpg

RH1667 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:09 PM

DanielNg_158389
  • Premium member
    DanielNg_158389
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

Didn't Feel it personally as i did not try out the hybrid version. But I lost in pickup when i was beside the ES300h . Maybe it is the CVT and Hybrid motor. Otherwise, gear change on the ES250 is also smooth , but sluggish pickup

steveluv praised this

Posted 30 May 2019 - 08:43 PM

Bioinformatics
  • Premium member
    Bioinformatics
    3rd Gear
    Author Image

It's been 6 months with my ES and its close to 20k km

zUhD92V.jpg

you bring to service twice in 6 months?

From the background is Malaysia?

You didn't say difference with which other car.

Oh. My bad,

with GS250 non hybrid.

steveluv praised this

Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:37 PM

steveluv
  • steveluv
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Oh. My bad,

with GS250 non hybrid.

I missed my 10k servicing, I brought it in at 17k. No not malaysia, its bangkok.

Back to Japanese Talk  ·  Car Brands Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: lexus, toyota, luxury, hybrid and 3 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users