2018 / 2019 7th Generation Lexus ES

Carbon82

Thanks! Yes I just joined today, finally had some off days to do my own stuff.

Ice Ecru and Chateu interior was our pick.

Not sure what Ice Ecru and Chateu really means, to me it is just champagne gold on the outside and latte/cappuccino on the inside....

↡ Advertisement

HI Guys,

Just to check.  Did anyone pay for the 5000km interval servicing? If i dont remember wrongly, i was told only the 10K interval servicing is free under the free servicing package. 

Neutral Newbie

HI Guys,

Just to check. Did anyone pay for the 5000km interval servicing? If i dont remember wrongly, i was told only the 10K interval servicing is free under the free servicing package.

No charge for 5K servicing as it does not include oil change, they only check and top up other fluid if needed, report any problems you have with the car, had my front shock absorber changed and doors tightened at 5K. Edited by Moi-liang

Hi good afternoon,

Pardon my ignorance. Did you have to highlight some issues with the shock absorbers and the doors? Or did they inform you after it was found out and rectified?

Thanks!

Supercharged

Fragile bumper...drag from kerb

attachicon.gifIMG_3182.JPG

That is strange.... that concrete wheel stop kerb is rather low, even the lower lying exhaust will usually clear it comfortably.

What happened?

That is strange.... that concrete wheel stop kerb is rather low, even the lower lying exhaust will usually clear it comfortably.

What happened?

Not this kerb...a higher one hit the bottom of the bumper and dislodge the clips

Cost $120 to do the repair at MS Panel

Neutral Newbie

Hi good afternoon,

Pardon my ignorance. Did you have to highlight some issues with the shock absorbers and the doors? Or did they inform you after it was found out and rectified?

Thanks!

Just highlight any experience with the service agent, for the shock absorber, it was making "creeking" noises at low speeds over small and big bumps, went for a test drive with the chief technician, they then ordered the parts from japan and replaced it during my 5K

No charge for 5K servicing as it does not include oil change, they only check and top up other fluid if needed, report any problems you have with the car, had my front shock absorber changed and doors tightened at 5K.

My goodness, shock absorber? What happened?

Sorry didn't see your later message. Did u have creeking sound coming from the back doors and some wind noise at highway?

Just highlight any experience with the service agent, for the shock absorber, it was making "creeking" noises at low speeds over small and big bumps, went for a test drive with the chief technician, they then ordered the parts from japan and replaced it during my 5K

Understood, thanks for sharing.

Just spoken to my Sales consultant. Never received any complaints regarding the new ES 2019 model of the rear doors cracking sound. Ask me to drive down to let their foreman test. Any bros got send their car in regarding this issue.

Neutral Newbie

Just spoken to my Sales consultant. Never received any complaints regarding the new ES 2019 model of the rear doors cracking sound. Ask me to drive down to let their foreman test. Any bros got send their car in regarding this issue.

Have, sent in my ES for the first 1000km servicing and highlighted this issue to them.

Went for a round with the foreman but didn't get any creaking sound.

Shortly after the servicing I drove for the entire day and it came back very often.

My guess is it is due to the hot weather cos early in the morning when the weather is cool there will not be any creaking sound.

Towards 4pm to 5pm the creaking sounds became somewhat unbearable...

Not sure if I should bring it back for them to check or wait till the 5000km servicing cos I need to drive daily.

Hope this helps.