2018 / 2019 7th Generation Lexus ES

Carbon82

Confirmed the new Camry hybrid will have the battery under the rear passenger seat.

Not sure whether it performs as well as the ES300H.

Is the difference only on the finishin? Performance wise exactly the same?

The new Lexus ES is now based on the Avalon model n a totally new Toyota global platform.

Afraid have to say the Camry can’t come close anymore although they did share the same platform

in earlier version.To insist Camry is still one n the same one can only infer you re a Camry owner

n head full of ego

↡ Advertisement

The new Lexus ES is now based on the Avalon model n a totally new Toyota global platform.

Afraid have to say the Camry can’t come close anymore although they did share the same platform

in earlier version.To insist Camry is still one n the same one can only infer you re a Camry owner

n head full of ego

Which version of Camry?

Latest JDM Camry is using TNGA

Neutral Newbie

i have just view the car in lexus showroom earlier this week.

The rear looks really sleek . However i personally feel the font and the rear dont match.

if lexus  bring in teh ES350 than that i would be much more interested

Spoke to my Lexus dealer recently

Es250 net price is around 190k

Unlikely lower much more

My current Es 2yrs old, depredation 18kpa or so if use till end

Bought 200k if sell now 140k plus minus

Need to TOP up around 50k for new Es then would depreciate near 17kpa

And still need factor in need to take Loan otherwise must add another 2-3k

Not keen as loss is great and still need to TOP up 50k

Spoke to my Lexus dealer recently

Es250 net price is around 190k

Unlikely lower much more

My current Es 2yrs old, depredation 18kpa or so if use till end

Bought 200k if sell now 140k plus minus

Need to TOP up around 50k for new Es then would depreciate near 17kpa

And still need factor in need to take Loan otherwise must add another 2-3k

Not keen as loss is great and still need to TOP up 50k

50k over 2yrs ok bah.

Straightline for ur ES oredi $18k/yr which u hv accepted when u bought. So that’s oredi $36k.

Less $1k depre per year for new ES so that’s theoretically another $10k saving

COE probably $20k less today than 2yrs ago plus u get a new, better model w refreshed 2 extra year warranty

50k over 2yrs ok bah.

Straightline for ur ES oredi $18k/yr which u hv accepted when u bought. So thatâs oredi $36k.

Less $1k depre per year for new ES so thatâs theoretically another $10k saving

COE probably $20k less today than 2yrs ago plus u get a new, better model w refreshed 2 extra year warranty

You make me itchy

i was told exe trim 180+ you went to see already?

i went but see nothing. as i mentioned in my earlier post. they dont let me see and said early bird booking close and meant for current lexus owner only. ask we wait till oct official launch

Nah....MCF public service

Mopiko.

Soothes (the) pain (of the current ES' depre)

Stops (the) itching (feeling of buying the new ES.)

Edited by Theoldjaffa

50k over 2yrs ok bah.

Straightline for ur ES oredi $18k/yr which u hv accepted when u bought. So thatâs oredi $36k.

Less $1k depre per year for new ES so thatâs theoretically another $10k saving

I overestimated

Called dealer today and learnt that 2016 es250 they taking in for 130k plus minus. Mine higher mileage, so it’s likely below 130k

Means >70k loss for 2yrs only or 30-40k pa loss so far

Doesn’t make sense for me

And moreover getting the new Es doesn’t mean I will use till the end.

Edited by Cook123

I overestimated

Called dealer today and learnt that 2016 es250 they taking in for 130k plus minus. Mine higher mileage, so itâs likely below 130k

Means >70k loss for 2yrs only or 30-40k pa loss so far

Doesnât make sense for me

And moreover getting the new Es doesnât mean I will use till the end.

I see.

Can i hv back my mopiko then?

I see.

Can i hv back my mopiko then?

I lend it back cos I still need it

If it’s still itchy either I use ur mopiko or wait 1yr

Then my old Es 3 yrs and I trade it in for a 1yr old one. Settled.

Then I return u ur mopiko, ok?

Hello. This is my first post in this forum. I just registered into this forum a few minutes ago. I googled "Lexus ES 2019 Singapore" and this forum popped up so I decided to post with you. Without a doubt I am a Lexus lover driving my first Lexus RX300 in Mat 2003 so its been 15 years.

The ES 2019 was launched in Thailand on 16th August which I missed because I was away. Nevertheless I went to have a look at the car yesterday so here are some photos of the ES300h Premium model. In Thailand there are 3 versions and all are the Hybrid versions. There is no ES250 here.

So I drove this car from a busy road (Ramintra Road) into a highway. Up the ramp doing 2 corners at high speed the car simply stick to the road with little body roll which I had expected to experience, great handling I must say. With the electric motor you can expect a good acceleration and the car had proven itself effortlessly from 0-100 however but at 140 when the electric motor is long gone at rest when I wanted to push further to 180 there is a slack. I guess if they had mounted a turbo on this one like the RX200T would have been great nevertheless I did reach 180 and yes it feels like the GS and again I am surprised. I have to say Lexus may have wanted this ES to match the GS as a sports sedan which if its true I have to say they have somewhat achieved it.

Comes in 3 levels here - ES300h Luxury (THB3.59mil or $150k), ES300h Grand Luxury (THB3.76mil or $157k) and ES300h Premium (THB4.19mil or $175k)

I have taken a photo of the differences of the 3

• Praise 1

Hey all I wish to apologize for the above post which is supposed to have 6 pictures its my first post and I am still finding my ways. Here are the 6 photos and I hope you can see here

O4prvIP.jpg

Uq058S4.jpg

HoTBwYX.jpg

M0L9VaW.jpg

Do37yaR.jpg

J8SAlXG.jpg

• Praise 10

I have somewhat succeeded to post photos here. Tomorrow there's a party for the new ES at the Ramintra dealership. I will be attending I was told they will feature different colours of ES. Since I now know how to post photos here I will post some photos tomorrow.

Oh guys I hope you don't mind me sharing about Lexus in Thailand as I live here. If anyone of you think I should not because this is a Singapore forum I will respect and will more than happy to stop. Sawasdee krup.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2