Opel insignia 2009 - 2016

Shouyi

Neutral Newbie

As per the marketing people, insignia arrival now in March..

2.0L sedan version, indicative pricing at 125,888

Will it sell ??? It is in the price range of BMW 3 series, IS250, Mer C Class......

↡ Advertisement

not to worry....

if AutoE...keep their usual style, they will launch with special discounts....but it is really a nice car in terms of appearance and performance.

or wait for their new opel astra (not the FL one, but a totally new one)....rumour price arnd 70k....1.6 l engine thou....targetting Renault, ford, citroen and peug.

Edited by Sabretan

Neutral Newbie

not to worry....

if AutoE...keep their usual style, they will launch with special discounts....but it is really a nice car in terms of appearance and performance.

or wait for their new opel astra (not the FL one, but a totally new one)....rumour price arnd 70k....1.6 l engine thou....targetting Renault, ford, citroen and peug.

You had a chance to drive the car before ? (in europe perhaps)...

I have not seen it, so not sure exactly what's the size.. though rumored to be big.. In fact I am more interested in the Sports Tourer but the marketing people says no plan to bring it in for now...

Considering between the Opel Insignia and Skoda Superb or the Octavia Combi...

Not an easy choice between Insignia and Superb... each with its pros/cons

Edited by Lh77

sorry bro, not tested the Opel Insignia yet....but can read up a lot on the net, but nothing beats an actual long test drive. [:)] you can visit the following links to check it out.

http://www.topspeed.com/cars/opel/2009-ope...ia-ar56043.html

http://www.cbg.ie/NewCars/Opel/Insignia.aspx

but u r right, both cars are good choices.....go for the one that you think the AD will still be arnd long enuf to provide after sales support and even after warranty support....coz parts for these cars are not so common....i know some folks will say that for skoda can get VW parts....

Edited by Sabretan

the version i'm really interested in is the 1.6T 180bhp 6A/T Estate version...really like the practicality of an estate...

the sedan and liftback looks are confusing...the rear sloping roofline is reminiscence of a coupe style, but the window area of a normal sedan makes it look rather out of proportion...and you won't get much headroom in the rear...

Neutral Newbie

Will there be Insignia OPC (Opel Performance Center)? the 2.8L turbo version.

They bring in the OPC for their Corsa. Hope the same thing to Insignia.

Looks nice. Hope build quality and reliability matches the looks. My friend's Astra power window KO just after warranty. Agent quoted $1K+ to repair. Eventually he just locked window in place as the rear window seldom used.

Will there be Insignia OPC (Opel Performance Center)? the 2.8L turbo version.

They bring in the OPC for their Corsa. Hope the same thing to Insignia.

but they only manage to sell 3 OPC corsa...

and for the astra turbo, not many bite it as well.

I doubt they will bring in the VXR version.. maybe on special indent basis...

Neutral Newbie

But the Corsa opc & Astra turbo got many cheaper rivals. As for bigger performance conti sedan, only VW, maybe Skoda..and thats it. Saab no more. the rest too expensive for some.

post-23801-1262493947.jpg

But the Corsa opc & Astra turbo got many cheaper rivals. As for bigger performance conti sedan, only VW, maybe Skoda..and thats it. Saab no more. the rest too expensive for some.

at 125k, they are going against quite a few like IS250, 3series, VW, Skoda and A4..

but if you compare spec to spec, the Superb win them..

as for the badge whore factors, the executive class of zen interior blue propeller, upclass toyota and big brother of VW/Skoda give it a edge.

As for saab and volvo, we can leave it out till the insignia reach our shore.

so it's still in the same situation as the corsa OPC and AHT...neither here nor there..

at 125k, they are going against quite a few like IS250, 3series, VW, Skoda and A4..

but if you compare spec to spec, the Superb win them..

as for the badge whore factors, the executive class of zen interior blue propeller, upclass toyota and big brother of VW/Skoda give it a edge.

As for saab and volvo, we can leave it out till the insignia reach our shore.

so it's still in the same situation as the corsa OPC and AHT...neither here nor there..

Why neither here nor there? A good buddy of mine bought the last Corsa OPC, having driven it a few times, i think its a blast! So fun..especially with 192bhp from a 1.6 turbo.

the version i'm really interested in is the 1.6T 180bhp 6A/T Estate version...really like the practicality of an estate...

the sedan and liftback looks are confusing...the rear sloping roofline is reminiscence of a coupe style, but the window area of a normal sedan makes it look rather out of proportion...and you won't get much headroom in the rear...

The estate version indeed looks far better than the sedan. Saw both version when I was in London last month.

Neutral Newbie

You had a chance to drive the car before ? (in europe perhaps)...

I have not seen it, so not sure exactly what's the size.. though rumored to be big.. In fact I am more interested in the Sports Tourer but the marketing people says no plan to bring it in for now...

Considering between the Opel Insignia and Skoda Superb or the Octavia Combi...

Not an easy choice between Insignia and Superb... each with its pros/cons

Being an owner of a Holden Vectra 3.2L in Sydney, I opted for a Vauxhall Insignia 1.8L during my visit to the UK, for familiarity reasons as well as the fact that it's unlikely the model will make its way to Australia. Can't say much about the rental car's sluggish 1.8L engine, as I'm quite used to the power and torque from a 3.2L powerplant. But compared to the Vectra, the Insignia feels bigger and has a classier interior than the dated Vectra.

But between the Insignia and the Superb, I'd opt for the latter. The use of interior space in the Skoda is simply astounding.

↡ Advertisement