Are there too many gadgets in new modern cars?

Philipkee

It's about the VES.

And on a global scale,to circumvent pollutant emission rules on cars.

Twincharged

I wonder how much can it save by start & stop, start & stop the engine? Lol.

Saved 8%,so far my 5 Years+,65,000km Mazda 6,already clocked 310 Hours of "Stop" time,you do the Maths.

Supersonic

Saved 8%,so far my 5 Years+,65,000km Mazda 6,already clocked 310 Hours of "Stop" time,you do the Maths.

Have you changed the starter motor and spark plugs before?

Twincharged

Have you changed the starter motor and spark plugs before?

Not yet....according to Mazda,the Start/Stop System don't use the Starter...that is why the Re-start's[i-stop] sound is different from the Starter sound.

Supercharged
(edited)

Recently I went car shopping. I was looking at mazda3. Anyway I start to realise that there are many gadgets and buttons on the steering wheel and I think they also allow one to make calls also.

Would like to ask drivers. Don't you find it distracting? I know phone can be done wirelessly but it's still distracting.

Yeah. I was thinking of changing cars. Driving a manual is fun but it gets tiring when you are the only driver in the house who can drive a manual. Might change within the next two years (likely within 5 years of ownership before problems arise and I have maximum parf).

But I have always abhorred GPS as being distracting. Just wondering if all new cars are like that.

I tot u wanted manual? So much so that u paid extra to get the last manual piece

Ur accent very new right?

Won't u lose a lot?

Just friendly discussion. I want to hear Ur views cos find u a logical person like me

Edited by Friendstar

Twincharged
(edited)

I tot u wanted manual? So much so that u paid extra to get the last manual piece

Ur accent very new right?

Won't u lose a lot?

Just friendly discussion. I want to hear Ur views cos find u a logical person like me

You are right.

1) my car is slightly more than a year old. After my round the world trip it will be one and a half year old.

2) yes I will lose a lot financially.

The reasons why I consider changing.

1) Recently I went with my bro to test drive a subaru impreza. He's the one buying, not me. I am just the person testing the rear seat while he drive with the SE. I found the car very quiet so I was comparing his (potential) car and my car. You can say butt become itchy.

2) No one in my family is confident in driving manual. While it is nice cos the car is really personalised to me as the sole driver, it gets tiring at times.

But I also know that I will lose a lot of money so I weigh pros and cons.

Pros - I get a new car and I can be passenger in my car once in a while

Cons - Lose a lot of money and a lot of the accessories I bought for my manual car is non transferable to an auto (if non hyundai ).

So I am just considering now. And believe me, I can consider for a long time. For this manual car I was considering since 2014 before I bought in 2017.

Some people tell me it's just a sign that I am bored and it's time to get married instead then I won't keep looking at new cars (cos once married no money no time).

The time I will consider changing car

1) If coe ever crash

2) before the 5 year mark to get maximum parf and my experience with the avante is after 5 years plus a lot of problems start to occur (for me it was leaks of engine oil and transmission fkuid)

3) if I ever get married (hahahaa)

Edited by Philipkee
  • Praise 1

You are right.

1) my car is slightly more than a year old. After my round the world trip it will be one and a half year old.

1) Recently I went with my bro to test drive a subaru impreza. He's the one buying, not me. I am just the person testing the rear seat while he drive with the SE. I found the car very quiet so I was comparing his (potential) car and my car. You can say butt become itchy.

2) No one in my family is confident in driving manual. While it is nice cos the car is really personalised to me as the sole driver, it gets tiring at times.

Cons - Lose a lot of money and a lot of the accessories I bought for my manual car is non transferable to an auto (if non hyundai ).

So I am just considering now. And believe me, I can consider for a long time. For this manual car I was considering since 2014 before I bought in 2017.

Some people tell me it's just a sign that I am bored and it's time to get married instead then I won't keep looking at new cars (cos once married no money no time).

1) If coe ever crash

2) before the 5 year mark to get maximum parf and my experience with the avante is after 5 years plus a lot of problems start to occur (for me it was leaks of engine oil and transmission fkuid)

I wonder how much to convert manual to auto transmission? Is it might as well sell and buy another?

Suggestion is to rent or borrow an auto car and drive for a few days before you commit to one.

Hypersonic

You are right.

1) If coe ever crash

GET MARRIED.
  • Praise 3

Supersonic

You are right.

1) If coe ever crash

bro, i respect your view, but would only like to respectfully disagree with your line below:

"Some people tell me it's just a sign that I am bored and it's time to get married instead then I won't keep looking at new cars (cos once married no money no time)."

cause married men also keep looking at new cars :XD:

• Praise 2

bro, i respect your view, but would only like to respectfully disagree with your line below:

"Some people tell me it's just a sign that I am bored and it's time to get married instead then I won't keep looking at new cars (cos once married no money no time)."

cause married men also keep looking at new cars :XD:

Cos cannot look at new girls anymore? Only cars....
  • Praise 2

Your ears will be longer.

Chey

Who wear the pants ?

I wan I buy!

Period!

• Praise 1

Many cars these days come with a diverse offering of electronic gadgets, some are options we can opt out of, some we are stuck with.

It is the duty of the owner to therefore find out what these features/gadgets can or, more importantly, cannot do.

These features are meant to help the driver but are in no way to be used as substitute for old fashion road sense and common sense.

• Praise 3

Many cars these days come with a diverse offering of electronic gadgets, some are options we can opt out of, some we are stuck with.

It is the duty of the owner to therefore find out what these features/gadgets can or, more importantly, cannot do.

These features are meant to help the driver but are in no way to be used as substitute for old fashion road sense and common sense.

That's like nobody used it.  OLD fashion.

Road and common sense is THE only survival skill on the road wherever the driver is.

No amount of safety gadget can save a driver without both.

↡ Advertisement