• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
22 replies to this topic | 49 praises

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:54 AM

golden_eagle
  • golden_eagle
    1st Gear
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

I wonder what are the profiles who would rent in areas like Pasir Ris? It's awfully far from other parts of Singapore? 

Where do they work? What do they do and why would they rent there? 

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 29 April 2018 - 10:59 AM

Ash2017
  • Ash2017
    Turbocharged
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

if you have a place to rent out in Pasir Ris, you can start by asking yourself first.
Angcheek and Spurman praised this

Posted 29 April 2018 - 11:15 AM

Fcw75
  • Fcw75
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

People who worked at Chennai Business Park and airline crew. 

UncleAtas, Doppel and kdash praised this

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:00 PM

golden_eagle
  • golden_eagle
    1st Gear
    Author Image

if you have a place to rent out in Pasir Ris, you can start by asking yourself first.

Can I ask the other way round? 

Must understand the market before i get that space to rent out. 

People who worked at Chennai Business Park and airline crew. 

The airline crews are closer to the Tampinese, Bedok and Expo area right?

What are the employee profiles in Changi Business Park? I was aware many of Indian expats like to live in Simei Rise and East Coast areas. 

Edited by golden_eagle, 29 April 2018 - 12:22 PM.

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:20 PM

Showster
  • Premium member
    Showster
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Workplace proximity is just one factor.

For some people, it’s the lifestyle that the location offers.
"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:24 PM

golden_eagle
  • golden_eagle
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Workplace proximity is just one factor.

For some people, it’s the lifestyle that the location offers.

What kind of lifestyle drawing people to live there? Pasir Ris coast and beach? 

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

Showster
  • Premium member
    Showster
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

What kind of lifestyle drawing people to live there? Pasir Ris coast and beach?

Yes that works for some.

I also don’t mind living there if I don’t work in the West.

Or retired.

Edited by Showster, 29 April 2018 - 12:33 PM.

"You take the blue pill, the story ends. You wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red pill, you stay in Wonderland, and I show you how deep the rabbit hole goes."

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:27 PM

Icedbs
  • Icedbs
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

I wonder what are the profiles who would rent in areas like Pasir Ris? It's awfully far from other parts of Singapore? 

Where do they work? What do they do and why would they rent there? 

There is an Overseas family school there and some expats who work in airport/Changi Biz park will housed their family near to that school.

This is in addition to the other tenants who work in Changi Biz Park and the surrounding area.

Showster and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 29 April 2018 - 12:47 PM

SGCMHello
  • SGCMHello
    4th Gear
    Author Image

Just be honest! No market. You are considering because it is cheap. Buying that area is the same as buying a lousy stock and then rationalise the purchase and incur opportunity costs of better returns elsewhere.

Changi Biz Park Do Not have so many expat to fill Tampines, Pasir Ris, Tanah Merah, Bedok houses. HDB owners also renting out their rooms and house to compete.

The lifestyle of the east is D15, NOT Pasir Ris, no way. Don’t suggest Pasir Ris Park and downtown east etc, pathetic.

For investment, you must be joking.
For home stay, can consider, because you are first to board MRT when going to work. But coming home, stand all the way.

For retirement home, ok.
LPPL and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 29 April 2018 - 01:04 PM

golden_eagle
  • golden_eagle
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Just be honest! No market. You are considering because it is cheap. Buying that area is the same as buying a lousy stock and then rationalise the purchase and incur opportunity costs of better returns elsewhere.

Changi Biz Park Do Not have so many expat to fill Tampines, Pasir Ris, Tanah Merah, Bedok houses. HDB owners also renting out their rooms and house to compete.

The lifestyle of the east is D15, NOT Pasir Ris, no way. Don’t suggest Pasir Ris Park and downtown east etc, pathetic.

For investment, you must be joking.
For home stay, can consider, because you are first to board MRT when going to work. But coming home, stand all the way.

For retirement home, ok.

Oh I think you must be living there to know it so well.  [wave]

Yes it's cheap. I check the URA rental caveat it seems the registered rental for the units are quite good, maybe there is some kind of in-elasticity of price and the clout of many many units there. Then I suppose in a oversupply rent tend to fall.

Posted 30 April 2018 - 09:56 AM

Datura
  • Premium member
    Datura
    2nd Gear
    Author Image

its a mistake to live in pasir ris, used to stay there for 5 yrs and quickly sell off . The traffic there is madness, jam and jam everywhere, they built so many conds and with hdb and the loyang industrial estates there, the route leading there is few, so imagine the deadlock there. 

try not to buy condo there its nightmare one will regret big time.

Ash2017 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:38 AM

Little_prince
  • Premium member
    Little_prince
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

its a mistake to live in pasir ris, used to stay there for 5 yrs and quickly sell off . The traffic there is madness, jam and jam everywhere, they built so many conds and with hdb and the loyang industrial estates there, the route leading there is few, so imagine the deadlock there. 

try not to buy condo there its nightmare one will regret big time.

ya. those near loyang area. mariam way etc, toh drive sibei jialat. 

morning smelly smelly need 30min just to get on expressway.

"Everybody is a genius. But, if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it'll spend it's whole life believing that it is stupid." - Albert Einstein

HungryPaPa - https://instagram.com/hungrypapa/

Posted 30 April 2018 - 11:58 AM

Spidey10
  • Spidey10
    5th Gear
    Author Image

What kind of lifestyle drawing people to live there? Pasir Ris coast and beach?

I don't mind Pasir Ris beach or coast...if you give me those landed homes facing the beach/park..😜
Come home, sea facing Breeze... I don't mind..really

Posted 30 April 2018 - 12:57 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

What are the employee profiles in Changi Business Park? I was aware many of Indian expats like to live in Simei Rise and East Coast areas. 

....Melville park .... also intimately known as little india ...

anyway, the number of Indians there had warranted the opening of an indian supermarket at east point shopping center !

want to find authentic indian food stuffs - that's the place !

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:32 PM

Lala81
  • Lala81
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Pasir Ris beach/park is really nice though.

Short of living near ECP, really 2nd best waterfront area in SG.

I don't mind Pasir Ris beach or coast...if you give me those landed homes facing the beach/park..😜
Come home, sea facing Breeze... I don't mind..really

the road outside pasir ris park, not nice lah. Lol all the cars and buses coming through to the area.

Posted 30 April 2018 - 01:40 PM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

What kind of lifestyle drawing people to live there? Pasir Ris coast and beach? 

last year got a relative bought a unit in Sea Horizon and a friend bought a unit in Ripple Bay ..

both main reason is becoz they can see the sea ... but the ripple bay one can see the sea from his bed !

Posted 30 April 2018 - 02:26 PM

Spurman
  • Spurman
    Supercharged
    Author Image

I find pasir ris a bit more quiet and peaceful than tampines.

Posted 30 April 2018 - 04:27 PM

Spidey10
  • Spidey10
    5th Gear
    Author Image

Pasir Ris beach/park is really nice though.
Short of living near ECP, really 2nd best waterfront area in SG.

the road outside pasir ris park, not nice lah. Lol all the cars and buses coming through to the area.

Is ok, hv you seen thier compound....can park like 5 cars leh...

I find pasir ris a bit more quiet and peaceful than tampines.

U r right... coz got 3 Malls there leh....

last year got a relative bought a unit in Sea Horizon and a friend bought a unit in Ripple Bay ..

both main reason is becoz they can see the sea ... but the ripple bay one can see the sea from his bed !

I think those pple who buy in Pasir Ris are mainly for own stay...majority lah.
Quiet and serene and near to the park/beach.....and short trip to the Malls at Tampines/downtown/white sands..

Posted 02 May 2018 - 07:27 AM

Ysc3
  • Premium member
    Ysc3
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

one of the main worries of renting out unit ....

Condo tenant allegedly cohabited with BF in secret, owed rent, and trashed room when asked to leave

A woman alleged that a female tenant to whom she rented out the master bedroom in her condominium to had secretly cohabited with her boyfriend, and owed her two months of rent. 

When the single mother confronted the tenant over the matter, she reportedly shoved her aside, prompting the owner to call the police.

The tenant and her boyfriend were forced to vacate the premises, but not before allegedly trashing the place. 

The incident happened in a private condominium unit at Serangoon, reports Lianhe Wanbao.

The owner, Ms Xiao, 33, told the paper that after she gave birth in December last year, she moved out of the apartment to stay with her relatives. 

She decided to rent out the master bedroom in the condominium.

Prior to that, she had already rented out the other rooms in the apartment, and there were three existing tenants.

Ms Xiao said that she leased out the room through a website, and a 20-year-old private institution student later responded to her advertisement.

The two agreed to a monthly rental fee of $1,500.

Said Ms Xiao:

“At that time, I clarified that that only one person was to stay in the room, and she agreed to my demands.”

However, the other tenants later complained to Ms Xiao, alleging that the tenant had brought home her boyfriend home and the two were cohabiting. 

Ms Xiao confronted the tenant, but she denied the accusations, saying that her boyfriend was only there to visit her and did not spend the night there. 

Between February and March 2018, Ms Xiao found that the tenant did not transfer the rental fees to her bank account.

Upon asking the tenant, she discovered that she had given her the wrong bank account details. 

Ms Xiao said:

“She (the tenant) said that she would ask the bank back for the money, and return the rental fees to me.

“I waited until April but I still did not receive any money. 

“She did not pick up my calls either, so I went down to the apartment to look for her.”

Ms Xiao said that the tenant refused to let her into the master bedroom when she showed up at the apartment.

When she took out her key to open the door, the woman reportedly blocked her entering and even pushed her. 

Ms Xiao added that the woman’s boyfriend was inside the room at that time. 

Ms Xiao lamented:

“I had no choice but to call the police.

“I wanted them to move out immediately, but a police officer told me that I could not just kick them out, so I had to leave first.

“When I went back to check the room after few days, they were already gone.

“I was shocked to tears when I opened the door to the master bedroom.

“The entire place was trashed.

“The cabinets and floorboards were all damaged.”

She estimated that the repairing the damages could cost up to $10,000. 

Posted 05 May 2018 - 01:59 PM

golden_eagle
  • golden_eagle
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Poor owner, must use some tactic when dealing with problematic tenants. What tactics can one use to make it a win-win ending? 

How can one give wrong bank account when receiving rent, how does one avoid such mistakes? 

Edited by golden_eagle, 05 May 2018 - 02:01 PM.

Back to Property Buzz  ·  Non-Car Related Top Reply to this topic

Quick Reply

Tags: rent, property, paris ris, what and 4 more...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users