What are the tenant profiles for the Pasir Ris area?

golden_eagle

I wonder what are the profiles who would rent in areas like Pasir Ris? It's awfully far from other parts of Singapore? 

Where do they work? What do they do and why would they rent there? 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

if you have a place to rent out in Pasir Ris, you can start by asking yourself first.

Can I ask the other way round? 

Must understand the market before i get that space to rent out. 

People who worked at Chennai Business Park and airline crew. 

The airline crews are closer to the Tampinese, Bedok and Expo area right?

What are the employee profiles in Changi Business Park? I was aware many of Indian expats like to live in Simei Rise and East Coast areas. 

Edited by golden_eagle
  • Praise 1

Workplace proximity is just one factor.

For some people, it’s the lifestyle that the location offers.

What kind of lifestyle drawing people to live there? Pasir Ris coast and beach? 

What kind of lifestyle drawing people to live there? Pasir Ris coast and beach?

Yes that works for some.

I also don’t mind living there if I don’t work in the West.

Or retired.

Edited by Showster

Turbocharged

I wonder what are the profiles who would rent in areas like Pasir Ris? It's awfully far from other parts of Singapore? 

Where do they work? What do they do and why would they rent there? 

There is an Overseas family school there and some expats who work in airport/Changi Biz park will housed their family near to that school.

This is in addition to the other tenants who work in Changi Biz Park and the surrounding area.

• Praise 2

Just be honest! No market. You are considering because it is cheap. Buying that area is the same as buying a lousy stock and then rationalise the purchase and incur opportunity costs of better returns elsewhere.

Changi Biz Park Do Not have so many expat to fill Tampines, Pasir Ris, Tanah Merah, Bedok houses. HDB owners also renting out their rooms and house to compete.

The lifestyle of the east is D15, NOT Pasir Ris, no way. Don’t suggest Pasir Ris Park and downtown east etc, pathetic.

For investment, you must be joking.

For home stay, can consider, because you are first to board MRT when going to work. But coming home, stand all the way.

For retirement home, ok.

• Praise 2

Just be honest! No market. You are considering because it is cheap. Buying that area is the same as buying a lousy stock and then rationalise the purchase and incur opportunity costs of better returns elsewhere.

Changi Biz Park Do Not have so many expat to fill Tampines, Pasir Ris, Tanah Merah, Bedok houses. HDB owners also renting out their rooms and house to compete.

The lifestyle of the east is D15, NOT Pasir Ris, no way. Don’t suggest Pasir Ris Park and downtown east etc, pathetic.

For investment, you must be joking.

For home stay, can consider, because you are first to board MRT when going to work. But coming home, stand all the way.

For retirement home, ok.

Oh I think you must be living there to know it so well.  [wave]

Yes it's cheap. I check the URA rental caveat it seems the registered rental for the units are quite good, maybe there is some kind of in-elasticity of price and the clout of many many units there. Then I suppose in a oversupply rent tend to fall.

its a mistake to live in pasir ris, used to stay there for 5 yrs and quickly sell off . The traffic there is madness, jam and jam everywhere, they built so many conds and with hdb and the loyang industrial estates there, the route leading there is few, so imagine the deadlock there. 

try not to buy condo there its nightmare one will regret big time.

• Praise 2

its a mistake to live in pasir ris, used to stay there for 5 yrs and quickly sell off . The traffic there is madness, jam and jam everywhere, they built so many conds and with hdb and the loyang industrial estates there, the route leading there is few, so imagine the deadlock there. 

try not to buy condo there its nightmare one will regret big time.

ya. those near loyang area. mariam way etc, toh drive sibei jialat. 

morning smelly smelly need 30min just to get on expressway.

What kind of lifestyle drawing people to live there? Pasir Ris coast and beach?

I don't mind Pasir Ris beach or coast...if you give me those landed homes facing the beach/park..
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

What are the employee profiles in Changi Business Park? I was aware many of Indian expats like to live in Simei Rise and East Coast areas. 

....Melville park .... also intimately known as little india ...

anyway, the number of Indians there had warranted the opening of an indian supermarket at east point shopping center !

want to find authentic indian food stuffs - that's the place !

Pasir Ris beach/park is really nice though.

Short of living near ECP, really 2nd best waterfront area in SG.

I don't mind Pasir Ris beach or coast...if you give me those landed homes facing the beach/park..

Twincharged

What kind of lifestyle drawing people to live there? Pasir Ris coast and beach? 

last year got a relative bought a unit in Sea Horizon and a friend bought a unit in Ripple Bay ..

both main reason is becoz they can see the sea ... but the ripple bay one can see the sea from his bed !

Pasir Ris beach/park is really nice though.

Short of living near ECP, really 2nd best waterfront area in SG.

the road outside pasir ris park, not nice lah. Lol all the cars and buses coming through to the area.

Is ok, hv you seen thier compound....can park like 5 cars leh...

I find pasir ris a bit more quiet and peaceful than tampines.

U r right... coz got 3 Malls there leh....

last year got a relative bought a unit in Sea Horizon and a friend bought a unit in Ripple Bay ..

both main reason is becoz they can see the sea ... but the ripple bay one can see the sea from his bed !

I think those pple who buy in Pasir Ris are mainly for own stay...majority lah.

Quiet and serene and near to the park/beach.....and short trip to the Malls at Tampines/downtown/white sands..

↡ Advertisement