The State of LTA

Ravinged

52 members have voted

1. 1. Does LTA need a total overhaul?

• Yes - sack the top management and rebuid with a new management more in touch with the ground
    • No - top management can't control everything, the problem lies with the civil servants under their charge

Twincharged
(edited)

I will complain again and again until they get their job done.

The reason that these agencies don't do their work because the people don't push them.

Either push them to get the job done, else just vote them out.

thats a little harsh..

I worry more of the increase in cost, now that they need to be more on the ball.

Same as the MRT, going to be a million miles between failure MTBF

Let's hope they tie in with the KPI on the salary. 

Infact, it should be like the sales comms. paid comms if the economy and the company make profit and base on the dept goals setting and paid out in April where the hiring headcount has already lapsed for most company.

I prefer status quo, else every time a complaint goes out, they start thinking of ways to make more money and everyone suffers and travellers and road users not gain any benefits.

Edited by Sdf4786k

thats a little harsh..

I worry more of the increase in cost, now that they need to be more on the ball.

Same as the MRT, going to be a million miles between failure MTBF

Let's hope they tie in with the KPI on the salary. 

Infact, it should be like the sales comms. paid comms if the economy and the company make profit and base on the dept goals setting and paid out in April where the hiring headcount has already lapsed for most company.

I prefer status quo, else every time a complaint goes out, they start thinking of ways to make more money and everyone suffers and travellers and road users not gain any benefits.

MRT supposed to be renewed since 1997.  It was not done then.  With the cumulative wear and tear, of course will cost billions.

For the past 2 or 3 fare revision, it is a downward revision.

Currently, i think the max fare is $2.50 per continuous trip.  That means you can travel from Punggol to Tuas link for $2.50.

The next fare revision will be end of the year.  No sure whether it is up or down as there is an unknown factor in there.

Hypersonic

Can someone send this mini Poll to LTA?

I know it will not mean a thing to them but at least better than nothing..

So who started this poll , pls kindly do the needful

• Praise 3

So who started this poll , pls kindly do the needful

Turbocharged

@ravinged not really a supporter of the G but there is another point you should put in the poll. 2nd point is not LTA fault cos it's the civil servants. You should add not LTA fault but government fault.

Cos with the increase in population, no matter what LTA does, the roads will still be congested and we know the government wants to make money at all costs so it's actually very hard to make good decisions sometimes. Budget may not be there.

Inter agency cooperation. Yes I believe it is not there but I don't think LTA should take the sole blame but all the other agencies as well. Don't forget the other agencies are not merely private agencies but also GLC.

Bottom line-

1) if the directives is every move MUST make money, it is very hard to improve something.

2) there is lack of coordination among the agencies. This is a sign of weak leadership at the top. I can't blame the problem solely on LTA unless LTA has the authority over other agencies. Example, LTA can refuse permission to PUB from doing digging because the road has recently been dug and PUB never planned for the digging in coordination with LTA. But the ministry overrule LTA and digging begins.

LTA gets the blame. Unless there is a whistle blower but in Singapore whistle blowers tend to be the ones who end up being investigated.

And one last thing. Let's say LTA comes up with a brilliant plan to ease traffic and make everyone happy at the same time. What happens then? Population will be increased and back to square one. Another brilliant idea to ease traffic and population goes up since the infrastructure can support.

Until we are full to the point no brilliant idea can help and who gets the blame for road/ train congestion? LTA.

Again I will say I am not supporter of LTA but I like giving contrarian views.

Agree. Tbf u cant use the article as a stick to beat lta. Some may even see lta pushing aheaď as a sign of efficiency. We're not a 3rd world country where a local village headman can stand in the way of public projects.

You pummel through bukit timah forest, get it done once, commuters save 6 minutes travel time, govt save hundreds of millions in additional cost. Just doing its job.

Hypersonic

So who started this poll , pls kindly do the needful ðð»ð

To sum it up, those people up there want to peg their celery to the private sector .. in the end , we got screwed deep deep..The Cow must be slaughtered at all costs.. No ifs or buts..really sleeping on the job in layman terms..

Getting fat fat celery but cock ups after cock ups..Still can always gong jiao way...

Heâs really a ti gong Cow....got to really give it to the Cow..

Don’t Cow Peh leh....haha.

Supersonic

So who started this poll , pls kindly do the needful ðð»ð

To sum it up, those people up there want to peg their celery to the private sector .. in the end , we got screwed deep deep..The Cow must be slaughtered at all costs.. No ifs or buts..really sleeping on the job in layman terms..

Getting fat fat celery but cock ups after cock ups..Still can always gong jiao way...

Heâs really a ti gong Cow....got to really give it to the Cow..

Next GE kick the cow out la.

All the silly ideas that give more problems and not much practical solutions.

Next GE kick the cow out la.

All the silly ideas that give more problems and not much practical solutions.

But, how many of the opposition leaders are ready to be a Minister or even lead a statutory board?

But, how many of the opposition leaders are ready to be a Minister or even lead a statutory board?

nobody is ready for anything lar.......even before my marriage i had second thought whether i can be a good hubby or a good father.

Need to run through the gauntlet then can say ready or not. If never give chance the answer will always be negative.

nobody is ready for anything lar.......even before my marriage i had second thought whether i can be a good hubby or a good father.

Need to run through the gauntlet then can say ready or not. If never give chance the answer will always be negative.

Chance comes, when I see a concrete action plan from the opposition. Reality is, they have none.

Chance comes, when I see a concrete action plan from the opposition. Reality is, they have none.

of course there is none, they are just a minority with minimal power. How to plan if nobody give them a chance. We are so happy to see and comment on our neighbour's election but come ours, we would want it to remain status quo.
  • Praise 1

Supersonic

5. Road conditions seem to be getting bad with unevenly paved patches. Basically, lta does not seem to go down to the grounds to make sure roads are properly patched up after road works.

This one i agreed. I feedback to lta on a particular uneven road, they came and patched and the road become even more uneven, informed them that they never checked and they never come back to repatch at all.

Start a petition & sent it to MoT

MOT? Another useless statutory board.  [thumbsdown]

MOT? Another useless statutory board.  [thumbsdown]

Since we have a lot of useless stat board, u want to fire its head?

:XD:

of course there is none, they are just a minority with minimal power. How to plan if nobody give them a chance. We are so happy to see and comment on our neighbour's election but come ours, we would want it to remain status quo.

I'm afraid I digress. Just like a business investment, you show me your prospectus then I will go through and see if it's something workable. Even if it's not 100% on mark (which it never will be), is there a chance something can work out with some alterations? You don't ask for money before you even have your prospectus ready in hand.

Planning is one thing, execution is another. The opposition cannot continue mouthing "alternative voice" without a showcase of how it intends to execute the plans. Chance, trust and many things are like respect, you need to earn it. Opportunities are not charities that we loosely dangle out for free. It's no longer about a company alone, it's a country.

As much as I am no big fan of PAP, unfortunately, that's the real world. Words and promises account for nothing.

Supersonic

Since we have a lot of useless stat board, u want to fire its head?

:XD:

Even after fire their head, they will bring in another useless head to manage, no end also.

↡ Advertisement