• Search this thread
  • Reply to this topic
24 replies to this topic | 193 praises

Posted 02 May 2018 - 10:01 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Bought some tyre shine products a while back and finally got my lazy bones to work and washed the car myself. Since I was washing, decided to do some experiment for the products i bought. Below are the pics of each of the products used on each tyre. All tyres are given 2 coats of the products and see which lasts longer and maintain its shine.

Feel free to comment on the experiment so that I can do better in future experiments. The photos doesnt do justice to the shine. It actually is shiny but i cannot seem to take a photo to bring out the shine.

2018-05-02-10-04-02.jpg
2018-05-02-10-03-49.jpg
2018-05-02-10-03-35.jpg
2018-05-02-10-03-14.jpg

I'll report the daily shine status of each tyres and see what are the results.
As of now, in order of most shiny;
1) AG
2) MG
3) AM
4) AF

Edited by Lightsabre, 07 May 2018 - 09:19 AM.

Mason016, Carbon82, Angcheek, Sunny, Blueray, V-280, Newbie26 and 2 other members praised this

Posted 02 May 2018 - 11:26 AM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    The points of the user determines the rank. The higher the points, the higher the rank.
    Author Image
    The bar represents the rank and points of the user. The longer the bar, the higher the rank and points.

Points are accumulated from other users who Praise or Disliked this users' posts.

Add on pics from my friend's tyres to show the shine better.
Meguair
IMG-20180502-WA0001.jpg

Amourall Gel
IMG-20180502-WA0000.jpg

Amourall Foam
IMG-20180502-WA0002.jpg

Cheapo AutoMax solution
IMG-20180502-WA0003.jpg

Edited by Buadongdong, 02 May 2018 - 11:28 AM.

Posted 02 May 2018 - 02:36 PM

V-280
  • V-280
    1st Gear
    Author Image

Keep us updated :)

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor
    Author Image

Good experiment!!

I personal experience diff tires compound produce different finished. This tire shine generally all  very durable except you need to do it the right way if not splashes..Most important wash your tire with APC and the tire shine should hold on well.

I preferred those satin finished tire shine..too shiny abit weird.. ^_^

Website for Duragloss and Optimum Car Care Products
https://www.optivax.com.sg

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:13 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Good experiment!!

I personal experience diff tires compound produce different finished. This tire shine generally all very durable except you need to do it the right way if not splashes..Most important wash your tire with APC and the tire shine should hold on well.

I preferred those satin finished tire shine..too shiny abit weird.. ^_^

Lol.. Then Amourall foam should fit the bill.. Its not as gilat as the rest.. But price wise, it's cheaper..
Carbon82 praised this

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:19 PM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor
    Author Image

Lol.. Then Amourall foam should fit the bill.. Its not as gilat as the rest.. But price wise, it's cheaper..

One think i like about foam, easy to use and they dont splash. Just that they dont last like gel type..

Posted 02 May 2018 - 03:28 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

One think i like about foam, easy to use and they dont splash. Just that they dont last like gel type..

The rest also quite easy to use la. Also just apply, but must spread the gel evenly. In fact, i'm quite impressed with the cheapest tyre shine automax. Easy to apply. But only time will tell which ones will last the longest. These few days got rain and extreme heat and humidity. Just nice for the experiment. Will update when any of them wear off first.

Carbon82 praised this

Posted 05 May 2018 - 02:24 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Updates

Armourall foam faded.
Automax fading
Armourall gel and meguiar surviving
Carbon82 and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:28 AM

t0y0ta
  • t0y0ta
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Tried the armourall gel before... easy to apply and very shiny.... BUT next time you wash rims if you and the sponges touch the tyres you kena black stains from the gel... its like sticky engine oil. So eventually gave up on it.

Now using some cheapo ($3+) tyre liquid that just turns the tyre deep black but not much shine... but it doesn't make the tyre sticky or give black stains.

Blueray and 1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:24 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Tried the armourall gel before... easy to apply and very shiny.... BUT next time you wash rims if you and the sponges touch the tyres you kena black stains from the gel... its like sticky engine oil. So eventually gave up on it.

Now using some cheapo ($3+) tyre liquid that just turns the tyre deep black but not much shine... but it doesn't make the tyre sticky or give black stains.

Bro, the automax that im using is pretty good for its price.. Non messy and not sticky kind. And surprisingly last longer and shinier than armourall foam..

Btw, what brand are u using? Maybe I will go and get 1 to try and compare if its not too expensive. Gonna eliminate armourall foam and try another challenger.

Edited by Buadongdong, 06 May 2018 - 02:29 PM.

Carbon82 praised this

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:41 PM

t0y0ta
  • t0y0ta
    6th Gear
    Author Image

Bro, the automax that im using is pretty good for its price.. Non messy and not sticky kind. And surprisingly last longer and shinier than armourall foam..

Btw, what brand are u using? Maybe I will go and get 1 to try and compare if its not too expensive. Gonna eliminate armourall foam and try another challenger.

Carplan ultra shine... made in UK ... but retailing 3-4 bucks in NTUC so confirm is not highly rated or branded stuff. I was thinking it is so cheap that I can afford to buy try and throw away if not happy.

As I said - it is pure liquid, not easy to get it to make any shine. mainly I just brush it on using cheapo small paint brush and it will make the tyre color deep black.

Buadongdong praised this

Posted 06 May 2018 - 02:49 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Carplan ultra shine... made in UK ... but retailing 3-4 bucks in NTUC so confirm is not highly rated or branded stuff. I was thinking it is so cheap that I can afford to buy try and throw away if not happy.

As I said - it is pure liquid, not easy to get it to make any shine. mainly I just brush it on using cheapo small paint brush and it will make the tyre color deep black.

I'll give it a shot since its not expensive.. Try it on the next round of tyres detailing and see how it goes. Thanks..

Posted 06 May 2018 - 09:55 PM

Buadongdong
  • Premium member
    Buadongdong
    2Fast2Furious
    Author Image

Updates(myself):
1) Amourall foam - faded long ago
2) automax - faded
3) Armourall gel and Meguair gel - both starting to fade in terms of shine but still black.

My friend's updates
1) Amourall foam lousiest followed by;
2) automax
3) Armourall gel and meguair gel tied.

So I guess if there are offer or promotions for this 2 products, can give it a shot. Not too shabby to last this long after a week of rain, hot and humid weather
Carbon82 praised this

Posted 06 May 2018 - 10:52 PM

Dany321
  • Dany321
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

I'm sure you've done this, but you want to make sure the entire tire is absolutely clean prior to placing the product on. This not only ensures that it adheres to the tire better, but also penetrates the rubber to protect it from UV etc. 

From my personal experience, I found that GEL type products last longer for retaining a shine. 

Curious, is there any tire shine products found only in the Asian market? Always looking for new things to try!

1 Anonymous member praised this

Posted 05 December 2018 - 09:50 AM

aidenbee
  • aidenbee
    Neutral Newbie
    Author Image

Can try Meguiar's Tyre Shine products. You can check it out here:  https://speedycargro...g/tyre-sealant/

Posted 13 May 2019 - 07:51 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Bought this maguiar hybrid ceramic wax, did a DIY application.
The second picture is before, the first picture is after applying ceramic wax.
Let's see how long it will last.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20190513_195200.jpg
  • 20190513_192533.jpg
  • 20190513_194049.jpg

Edited by Ct3833, 13 May 2019 - 08:03 PM.

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:32 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Bought this meguiar hybrid ceramic wax, did a DIY application.
The second picture is before, the first picture is after applying ceramic wax.
Let's see how long it will last.

a bro asked me how old is my car. it is a 10 year old, COE car. It is why i do DIY. 

any incremental improvement will be a plus to me. Objective is hoping that the wax will last longer and make the car easier to wash .

i wash my car once in 4 to 6 weeks, not  hard working type. rain no wash, hot weather no wash, maid no wash car too.

sorry should spell as Meguiar's.

Edited by Ct3833, 13 May 2019 - 10:34 PM.

Volvobrick praised this

Posted 13 May 2019 - 10:56 PM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor
    Author Image

a bro asked me how old is my car. it is a 10 year old, COE car. It is why i do DIY.
any incremental improvement will be a plus to me. Objective is hoping that the wax will last longer and make the car easier to wash .
i wash my car once in 4 to 6 weeks, not hard working type. rain no wash, hot weather no wash, maid no wash car too.
sorry should spell as Meguiar's.

Good to give it a good prep. Clay or even a cleaner polish, this should enhance the durability of wax further.
SiLangKia, Ct3833 and Buadongdong praised this

Posted 24 May 2019 - 09:33 PM

Ct3833
  • Ct3833
    NOS-ed
    Author Image

Good to give it a good prep. Clay or even a cleaner polish, this should enhance the durability of wax further.

no good prep, no clay, 10 year old car already. Anyway should have followed your advice to use clay to clean it up once.
This is the first wash after I posted in 13th May. I would usually wash my car once a month but this time round I wash it sooner to see the effect. But sorry, too dark, I washed it outside my house, depending on the light from the miserable street lamp.
Can see some water beadings, good or not I am unable to comment as my car has never had such treatment before. So i guess have better than none.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG-20190524-WA0033(1).jpg
  • IMG-20190524-WA0034(1).jpg

Edited by Ct3833, 24 May 2019 - 09:59 PM.

Posted 25 May 2019 - 06:06 AM

Maddriver
  • Premium member
    Maddriver
    Sponsor
    Author Image

Merc still merc. 10 years old still look like just 4 to 5 years old...lol

Back to Detailing  ·  Aftermarket Top Reply to this topic

Related user reviews on sgCarMart.com

Sonax Xtreme Tire Gloss Gel

Sonax Xtreme Tire Gloss Gel  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by hudeelation  |  Neutral Newbie

Deep glossy shine, excellent durability

First of, I know Singapore's weather can be harsh. Even when applying this during the monsoon season, I can get a very deep shine for the first 2-3 days, then at least a matte black with some shine for the rest of the week. I am quite certain... » Read More

Meguiar's High Gloss Tire Gel

Meguiar's High Gloss Tire Gel  |  Rating   Submit Review

Reviewed by Gabdat  |  4th Gear

The easiest way to long term shine

Have been using this product for a very very long time. It has never fail to amaze me. Wonderful product.

Related Product Guide search on sgCarMart.com : Tyre Shine

Quick Reply

Tags: tyre shine, experiment, detailing and 2 more...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users