DIY detailing experiment

Buadongdong

Supersonic
(edited)

Good to give it a good prep. Clay or even a cleaner polish, this should enhance the durability of wax further.

no good prep, no clay, 10 year old car already. Anyway should have followed your advice to use clay to clean it up once.

This is the first wash after I posted in 13th May. I would usually wash my car once a month but this time round I wash it sooner to see the effect. But sorry, too dark, I washed it outside my house, depending on the light from the miserable street lamp.

Can see some water beadings, good or not I am unable to comment as my car has never had such treatment before. So i guess have better than none.

post-84721-0-23022000-1558705344_thumb.jpg

post-84721-0-85396400-1558705511_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

Supersonic

a bro asked me how old is my car. it is a 10 year old, COE car. It is why i do DIY. 

any incremental improvement will be a plus to me. Objective is hoping that the wax will last longer and make the car easier to wash .

i wash my car once in 4 to 6 weeks, not  hard working type. rain no wash, hot weather no wash, maid no wash car too.

sorry should spell as Meguiar's.

by the way, I suppose to spray Meguiar's after washing but i did not because i want to see how soon or how long the first layer i applied on 13 May will go off.

I used meguiars ceramic spray wax too. Follow by weekly washing using meguiars wash and wax. Been a mth+ since I used the ceramic spray wax. Water beading so far still good. Not sure if I should continue support the ceramic spray wax when its finished or just use wash and wax. Mine is new car with no ceramic coating applied. Currently going to try out meguiars ultimate fast finish.

Supersonic

I used meguiars ceramic spray wax too. Follow by weekly washing using meguiars wash and wax. Been a mth+ since I used the ceramic spray wax. Water beading so far still good. Not sure if I should continue support the ceramic spray wax when its finished or just use wash and wax. Mine is new car with no ceramic coating applied. Currently going to try out meguiars ultimate fast finish.

Hi , am I correct to say that we must spray the ceramic wax everytime we wash the car ? This is for discussion and for others to understand only, I am not so hard working type, I would just wash and dry that's all.

Hi , am I correct to say that we must spray the ceramic wax everytime we wash the car ? This is for discussion and for others to understand only, I am not so hard working type, I would just wash and dry that's all.

I also not sure. Its supposed to last a month or 2 bah.

Anyway just applied meguiars ultimate fast finish. Easy application, the car surface feels also totally different to any wax applications. Feels like oily smooth but without the oily parts sticking to your hand when touched.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Have not washed my car, today raining, this is how is looks like. I think the cost is gone.

post-84721-0-62539700-1560420369_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

(edited)

After 13th May, this is the 2nd time I wash my car. This is how it looks like after washing. 

The second one is after applying the coat again after washing.  Paiseh, photos are not sharp because they are  taken at night and i tried to brighten them up.

post-84721-0-64826800-1561385142_thumb.jpg

post-84721-0-11113400-1561385279_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

After 13th May, this is the 2nd time I wash my car. This is how it looks like after washing. 

The second one is after applying the coat again after washing.  Paiseh, photos are not sharp because they are  taken at night and i tried to brighten them up.

Wait till you get bird shit.  It will eat through your coating if you allow it to bake under the sun for a few hours.

• Praise 1

Neutral Newbie
(edited)

i second that about bird shit. kenna some nasty white poo and it dried up and harden. 

After i dripped some water on it to soft and clear it off and during the process and some paint got removed/eaten off  as well. 

Edited by Memphisb

Supersonic

i second that about big shit. kenna some nasty white poo and it dried up and harden.

After i dripped some water on it to soft and clear it off and during the process and some paint got removed/eaten off as well.

You mean the paint protection got removed, not the paint got removed right ?

Neutral Newbie

whats the difference between paint protection and paint?

[confused]

paint protection refers to wax? I m refering to the original paint on the car.