2018 Kia Cerato K3 / Forte (BD Series) + 2021 Facelift

Thecarboy302

Two enquiries to owner.

1)The two front wripers so close to bonnet. How do you to 'upright' them for own car wash

Or after petrol station car wash before the washer try to pull them up.

2) any issue with smart trunk opening unintentionally while standing too close.

Thanks. I am getting my car soon. Wan to learn from your experiences.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

1. Set to maintenance mode by switching off engine, then push and hold the wiper switch for 5 sec.

2. You can disable smart trunk release.

Thanks. Hope car wash attendant don't pull them up when i not ready to dry window Edited by Forte_Horizon_Blue

How many owner disable the 'too' smart trunk function? And just use the remote.

Or no issue with enable smart trunk function?

The blackvue 2ch camera. Is it installed with parking mode?

the blackvue does not record parking mode unless you get additional power accessories. which is why i ask my SE if i could top up to upgrade the car but unfortunately not allowed Edited by funkybanana

the blackvue does not record parking mode unless you get additional power accessories. which is why i ask my SE if i could top up to upgrade the car but unfortunately not allowed

Ok thanks. Opposite from you. I want to disable parking mode. Cos only drive weekend. Scare flat.

Kinda done my second payment today. A bit weird because according to SE, I need to redeem my prev car loan in order to enjoy the extra $2k trade-in bonus. And when collect car, c&c will issue cheque to me as my trade-in value is higher than the remainder deposit. Feel kinda weird and luckily my car loan left not much. Has anyone experienced such thing? Anyway SE now says can collect car on 02 Nov. Hope everything will be smooth.

Neutral Newbie

Kia mention show stoppin deals this weekend at expo, I wonder how show stopping is it,I am going for my wedding anniversary staycation so can’t be there

Hi Hypedkid, I don't think you will miss anything. C&C raised their prices by $1k this weekend (compared to last weekend) at Expo. Kinda a weird marketing strategy to me...

Enjoy your anniversary staycation! Have a great one!

Hi Hypedkid, I don't think you will miss anything. C&C raised their prices by $1k this weekend (compared to last weekend) at Expo. Kinda a weird marketing strategy to me...

Enjoy your anniversary staycation! Have a great one!

Hi Ngtp,

You went down already? Mind sharing beside increasing 1k, is the package better compared to last weekend? Thanks :)

Neutral Newbie

Hi Ngtp,

You went down already? Mind sharing beside increasing 1k, is the package better compared to last weekend? Thanks :)

I initially was thinking of shifting my schedule to head down to expo; learnt that the net prices remained unchanged.

The $1k increase is selling price will be negated by an equivalent $1k increase in service credits.

Perhaps other bros who are at the expo can highlight if there are any other differences

How many owner disable the 'too' smart trunk function? And just use the remote.

Or no issue with enable smart trunk function?

The blackvue 2ch camera. Is it installed with parking mode?

I disabled my smart trunk on the day of collection. I hardly open unless travelling...
  • Praise 1

Sorry to say both my salespersons are not good so i got none to recommend.

Sales person A disappointed me when the vehicle was launched with SGD$4000 discount didnt inform me of the pre-launch (we had at least 20 whatsapp conversations). I only knew about the launch discount of SGD$2000 via email which i went down to view. So Sales person A is not active nor concern about discounts we can get.

Sales person B ok ok only. Just reply based on what i ask, not anything fantastic on sales service.

But i still want to get the KIA cause the vehicles are reliable (my family owns KIA Rio, KIA Carens, KIA Cerato Forte 2009/2010 and all no issues. Just needed change to standard wear and tear like tyres, change engine oil, headlights, brake pads etc)

Glad to know the reliability. My first Kia...

How to disable the feature buddy?

. Menu (menu button on left side of steering wheel. Beside cruise control button)

. Door

. Press ok

. Smart trunk. Use "ok" to click or unclick smart function.

Hope this helps

Are you planning to buy a service package with your credits ? We drive only 6,000 km a year so I feel it’s not worth it but C&C requires servicing every 6 months to keep the warranty... do they expect people to change oil every 6 months even if we’ve been driving only 3,000 km since last servicing ?

Kia sold 198 (aug) & 147 (Sept) sedans.

Hyundai sold 534 (jul), 606 (aug), 636 (Sept) sedans.

Cerato not enough reaching sgp, so has to wait longer.

Are you planning to buy a service package with your credits ? We drive only 6,000 km a year so I feel itâs not worth it but C&C requires servicing every 6 months to keep the warranty... do they expect people to change oil every 6 months even if weâve been driving only 3,000 km since last servicing ?

To protect warranty, may service at ShellAutoserve.

Keep receipt to proof genuine parts use.

$118 for 5W40, oil filter & 100 shell points.

In my opinion, cnc should not void warranty since shellautoserve belongs to shell and using shell EO.

Gaint selling shell EO at $40 from Germany...but sticker not pasted properly.

I called shell and asked them whether Gaint shell EO is genuine, they only standby those EO sold in SHELL kiosks.

↡ Advertisement